Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

All Marvel is doing is making me want to go thru my back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ...and the Inhmans ripping off the X-Men continues. This is pathetic now, Marvel. All I'm seeing here is that the Inhumans have no legacy.
    To be fair, everyone and their dog has homaged that Byrne cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hoping the cover's not 100% true to the content, as I like that Laura and Daken have actually been able to establish a functional relationship.
    I don't. Daken should be her Sabretooth.

And before you say Kimura, she's her Cyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You're absolutely right... but for an event/initiative that is supposed to celebrate the legacy of the characters and titles involved, why rely on another character or title's legacy instead of your own?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    You're absolutely right... but for an event/initiative that is supposed to celebrate the legacy of the characters and titles involved, why rely on another character or title's legacy instead of your own?
    Answer the Inhumans have been around since the 60's but have been background characters for the most of it and need to leech off someone.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not to mention Christian wards art is amazing his covers are always great to see especially over in the ultimates he's not a bad interior artist for comics as well but I think his covers are always what I most associate with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hoping the cover's not 100% true to the content, as I like that Laura and Daken have actually been able to establish a functional relationship.
    Accualy i think that maks it more likely there fightning especially if daken wants her to stop.Laura will kill her self if it ment saving people. Its similar to wonder women and Logan were the'll keep going till they drops and is hesitate to ask for help, this isthe real reasion logan did he wanted to csrry the weight of the world by himself even when he knew he shouldn't and it caught up to him. Look at immunes she was ready to kill herself to save people and for intents and purposes she did. Daken knows this and dosent like seeing her torturing herself to do the right thing. if beating her means she'll stop, be safe, and avoid being hurt he'll gladly do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd actually like to see how their relationship fares over an issue where their differing morality and characters comes into conflict (because, when you get right down to it, Daken's not a good guy while Laura is).

And I guess not many would be able to resist seeing Logan's kids square-off in some way...
    The fact they actually care about each other despite having such radically differing moralities is precisely what makes their relationship so interesting. The whole "Good Sibling/Evil Sibling fight it out" thing has been done to death. It's much more interesting to read about how they can be so different, yet still respect and like one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't. Daken should be her Sabretooth.

And before you say Kimura, she's her Cyber.
    Daken doesn't fit. A big part of what made the Creed/Logan rivalry work is the physical disparity between then, and that it actually took EFFORT for Logan to be able to defeat Creed. Laura and Daken are too evenly matched, with Laura edging towards having the advantage in a fight.

And even on his worst day Daken was nowhere near the monster that Creed was.

So...despite the ridiculous hype, Legacy is essentially just a bunch of homage covers on the same books we already had. And going back to the old numbering. Sounds about right for Marvel. Ha.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    My god, Psylocke and Rogue face LOL.
    yea thats pretty bad.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

DC Rebirth: We made a mistake and we're apologizing by giving fans what they want

Marvel Legacy: you made a mistake and we'll show you once again why this is what you want

Gold and Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Although, with Soule's continuity lightness and covers sometimes being misleading or outright lying, I could definitely be way off base.
    I can agree to what you said. I just thought it was odd they left out 3 characters they hyped us up for LOL. Honestly I was hoping this title would be a bit dark......

I think most of the Legacy covers look bad not just X-Men all Marvel Legacy.

BANNED

That X-Men Gold cover looks foul. I was hoping they'd change those ugly costumes but apparantly Marvel though Logan's duster was the extent of the problems people had with those trite, dated costumes designed by an anti-Semite.