Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But I came here to say Dick Grayson. No, not the times he was raped as some like to shame him with (seriously, that happened with Ollie/Shado as well) but in Nightwing Annual #2 when he slept with Barbara prior to his wedding to Kori. Considering how since NTT, DC has done their best to distance Dick from Kori and make that relationship seem more like a fling than actual love, his infidelity in that annual is starting to feel more and more in character since they want Barbara to be his Lois Lane.
    I just recently read Nightwing: Year One where he basically goes on a "date" with Barbara as Batgirl and they're about to kiss before Babs stops it and brings up Kori, leaving the implication that Dick was completely comfortable cheating on Kori with Babs.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just recently read Nightwing: Year One where he basically goes on a "date" with Barbara as Batgirl and they're about to kiss before Babs stops it and brings up Kori, leaving the implication that Dick was completely comfortable cheating on Kori with Babs.
    ... I forgot about that one!

Orion's wife cheated with Batman

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Orion's wife cheated with Batman
    In Superman/Batman, right? Did they ever do anything? Been a while since I read that one. I just remember him holding her but I don't recall if they ever did anything further because I think he was just overwhelmed by her beauty or something. He did something similar in Trinity (by Wagner) where he basically forced himself on Diana.

Also Lois Lane was purported to be cheating on Clark Kent with Superman to the public before he revealed his identity to everyone.

Didn't Dinah cheat on Larry Lance with both Teds (Starman and Wildcat)?
    AFAIK, she only slept with Ted Knight. I can't recall an story that paired her with Grant even if the two were friends.

Kory's always been okay with their relationship being open, it was Dick who wanted to be the monogamist in the Wolfman/Perez stories. I can see Dick being tempted to follow up by hooking up with Barbara but now it's her whose the monogamist.

In Superman/Batman, right? Did they ever do anything? Been a while since I read that one. I just remember him holding her but I don't recall if they ever did anything further because I think he was just overwhelmed by her beauty or something. He did something similar in Trinity (by Wagner) where he basically forced himself on Diana.
    Nothing came out of it. Pardon the pun. Bekka had this power where any man who has great angst would fall helplessly attracted to her and vice versa. The whole story was about Bruce trying to keep his giant Bat-boner down while he searched for a missing Superman in space. It was hilarious. XD Especially with them ending up in so many situations where they had to be close physical proximity. They came close to doing it but then plot stuff kicked in and they had to go deal with that, then at the very end of the story it looked like they were finally about to consummate when Orion showed up and whisked her away.

Funnily enough, it was written by Alan Burnett who was the story editor/writer/producer behind Superfriends, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, B:TAS, S:TAS and Static Shock. The art was by Dustin Nguyen, I think this may have been before he worked with Paul Dini on 'Tec and Streets of Gotham' and in very mid-00', style, the art made it very clear that Bekka didn't wear underwear under her costume.

Winick has done more harm to Ollie than good, if you ask me. From making Ollie a martial artist (thus screwing up the GA/BC power dynamic of long/short range spheres of potency to illustrate them as a team that truly relies on each other to work)
    Winnick's Green Arrow has a lot to be criticized for, but I don't think this dynamic ever existed. Dinah already has a long range option thanks to her Canary Cry and it's not like Oliver was ever on her level when it comes to martial arts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    In JLA Year One the Golden Age Black Canary tells her daughter she had an affair with Wildcat.
    Wrong Ted. Golden Age Canary only had the affair with Ted Knight, not Ted Grant.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-23-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Kory's always been okay with their relationship being open, it was Dick who wanted to be the monogamist in the Wolfman/Perez stories. I can see Dick being tempted to follow up by hooking up with Barbara but now it's her whose the monogamist.
    Yeah, he, uh...didn't take the idea of being her lover while she was married well.

Yeah, he, uh...didn't take the idea of being her lover while she was married well.
    Yeah, he wasn't a fan if I remember that right.

Can't say I blame him. No one wants to be the "other person".

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can't say I blame him. No one wants to be the "other person".
    Yeah, but he wasn't being particularly understanding to what Kori was going through in having to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It is interesting that none of the main A-listers have really been involved in something like this. Probably DC wanting their biggest heroes to be clean. Oliver Queen seems to be the exception to that. And none of the main love interests have been involved in it either. The Atom is the only major character I can think of whose main love interest cheated on him
    IN DCAU Batman had affair with one of the Batwoman while he was involved with Barabra Gordon. It was hinted at during the Mystery of the Batwoman movie

EDIT: I found video evidence

Last edited by dreyga2000; 12-23-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Yeah, he wasn't a fan if I remember that right.
    I'm sure none of the Tamaranian bystanders nearby hadn't forgotten Kory crying for Dick either (god, that sounds so wrong).

I know. I'm just trying to explain away incongruity between Dick hitting on Babs in Nightwing: YO while still being a serial monogamist in NTT. Maybe he didn't want it but was tempted because of Barbara then of course he went back to Kory and then everything played out as it did in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    IN DCAU Batman had affair with one of the Batwoman while he was involved with Barabra Gordon. It was hinted at during the Mystery of the Batwoman movie

EDIT: I found video evidence

Sounds like she is telling him to find other women and even Bruce looks uncomfortable with whatever went down between him and Barbara.

Prior to that terrible Batman Beyond comic with the miscarriage aside, I always figured that the two had a fling, regretted it and never spoke about it again.