Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Infidelity/Cheating in Marvel Comics

To give a slight break from the Legacy debates going on today, I was thinking about this and posted a similar thread in the DC subforum. Have there been any major Marvel characters that have either cheated or been cheated on by a significant other? It seems like a line comic book writers do not want to cross so I'm curious if they've ever actually done it. Only ones I know are..

-Cyclops. This is pretty well-publicized by now
    -Crystal. With the real estate agent. There was one story that implied her and Pietro's actions may have been due to some mind control by Maximus but it has never really been followed up on

There are some fans that still dislike Scott and Crystal for their infidelities so I'm curious if there are any other heroes or love interests who have done similar but managed to escape that same ire

Thanks to the horrible and character damaging retcon at the last issue of Mockingbird ongoing, she has now cheated on Clint with Phantom Rider.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Well, Jean also cheated on Scott emotionally multiple times.

SHOTS FIRED!!!

Clint Barton cheated on Jessica Drew with a redhead on the run from the Tracksuit Dracula's.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Thanks to the horrible and character damaging retcon at the last issue of Mockingbird ongoing, she has now cheated on Clint with Phantom Rider.
    Yeah that was awful. I hope/think other writers are just ignoring that though. Ruins a lot of excellent character development over the years

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well, Jean also cheated on Scott emotionally multiple times.

SHOTS FIRED!!!
    TBH she cheated physically too. Most people consider kissing another man while married to be an affair. She only seems to get a pass because she didn't go all the way but it's still pretty bad

Sentry cheated on his wife when he deflowered Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Sentry cheated on his wife when he deflowered Rogue.
    Another thing I like to ignore- primarily because Rogue would have been like 15 at the time and that whole scene seemed like it was just supposed to make Sentry look badass. Think they may have also retconned him cheating on his wife with Crystal in one sentence once but it wasn't completely clear. Not sure why writers do that

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Gwen Stacy banging Norman Osborn/green goblin and getting pregnant before eventually getting killed by Norman as green goblin in the infamous the night the Gwen Stacy died story.

Some people don't view it as her being unfaithful but I do on top of how much I hate the storyline of sins past.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I thought we all agreed never to talk about that garbage again.

Dr. Strange cheated on Clea with Night Nurse, and maybe some other women.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Gwen Stacy banging Norman Osborn/green goblin and getting pregnant before eventually getting killed by Norman as green goblin in the infamous the night the Gwen Stacy died story.

Some people don't view it as her being unfaithful but I do on top of how much I hate the storyline of sins past.
    Bruh I thought we all agreed to ignore that and pretend like it never happened. As far as I'm concerned, God Doom or Reed and Franklin retconned that ish out of continuity after Secret Wars

Technically Lucy in the Sky cheated on Xavin with Julie Power?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Peter once had an affair with Betty Brant when she was still married.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Peter once had an affair with Betty Brant when she was still married.
    And Betty also cheated on Ned (her husband) with Flash Thompson (who was also cheating on his girlfriend Sha Shan).

Astonishing Member

Alicia Masters cheated on Ben Grimm with Johnny Storm. But that was retconned into her being as Skrull.