Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Alicia Masters cheated on Ben Grimm with Johnny Storm. But that was retconned into her being as Skrull.
    They were actually broken up at the time IIRC. Ended up being retconned into a Skrull anyway though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    They were actually broken up at the time IIRC. Ended up being retconned into a Skrull anyway though
    On top of that, Ben had his own love interest during his time on Battleworld named Tarianna. It was during the early issues of his solo series. When he returned to Earth, he understood that Alicia had moved on and didn't hold it against her.

Captain Britain and Meggan were together in the early issues of Excalibur, Brian also was secretly with his ex Courtney Ross (who I think was really Saturnyne in disguise or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    On top of that, Ben had his own love interest during his time on Battleworld named Tarianna. It was during the early issues of his solo series. When he returned to Earth, he understood that Alicia had moved on and didn't hold it against her.

Captain Britain and Meggan were together in the early issues of Excalibur, Brian also was secretly with his ex Courtney Ross (who I think was really Saturnyne in disguise or something like that).
    Poor form Brian .

BANNED

Remember That time Richard Parker had a thing with May Reily that led to Freudian shit about May being Peter's mom? Good times.

On a more serious post though, I'm gonna go a bit obscure & mention the Romance between ROM & Brandy Clarke was a hot mess.

The Invisible Woman's had several emotional affairs.

Hercules cheated on his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Thanks to the horrible and character damaging retcon at the last issue of Mockingbird ongoing, she has now cheated on Clint with Phantom Rider.
    Mockingbird cheated on Clint with the Phantom Rider? Wow, I totally have to check that out. That's not a story I thought they would revisit.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Many times (though he is the Son of Zeus) .

In the last Mighty Thor it was revealed that Odinson cheated on Jane when they were together.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Deadpools wife Shikla with one of her demons.

Ororro, Panthers wife, with Wolverine?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Thanks to the horrible and character damaging retcon at the last issue of Mockingbird ongoing, she has now cheated on Clint with Phantom Rider.
    I'd take that with a HUGE grain of salt. Even Chelsea Cain said after the fact that it wasn't necessarily true but was Bobbi's version of the narrative (I wouldn't be surprised if she had perhaps re-considered that decision in the wake of reader reaction and was trying to walk it back a bit). Personally, I think Bobbi just said that to play along with the Phantom Rider and manipulate him. I definitely don't think that potential retcon will be getting accepted into official continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna
    Peter once had an affair with Betty Brant when she was still married.
    Although the original story did strongly imply that, Marvel has later said that it didn't actually end up happening. But whether they physically did the deed or not, it certainly came close!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid
    Another thing I like to ignore- primarily because Rogue would have been like 15 at the time and that whole scene seemed like it was just supposed to make Sentry look badass. Think they may have also retconned him cheating on his wife with Crystal in one sentence once but it wasn't completely clear. Not sure why writers do that
    Yes, Sentry and Crystal had a retconned in affair.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks
    Technically Lucy in the Sky cheated on Xavin with Julie Power?
    I don't think they could technically have still been considered a couple at that point. They had separated months earlier, with no real plan of ever even seeing each other again let alone continuing the relationship.

She-Hulk was technically still married to John Jameson when she had a one-night stand with Clay Quartermain...but the two of them were officially separated at the time, and planning to divorce, so that one doesn't really count.

Marlo Chandler cheated on Rick Jones with Moondragon, and left him for several months to pursue a relationship with Moondragon and figure herself out (although she did eventually return to Rick). And Rick was involved with at least one other woman while Marlo was with Moondragon.

Tigra slept with Wonder Man when she and Hank Pym were starting up a relationship (the first time), and she also made a pass at Tony Stark too around the same time. But Tigra wasn't entirely in control of herself at the time, due to the growing influence of her cat-soul, so I think she gets a pass on that one.

Gambit cheated on Rogue at one point...and ended up getting blackmailed with a sex tape that was recorded of the encounter, which he had to steal.

Songbird almost cheated on Mach-I when he was in prison, but Hawkeye turned her down.

I'm sure there must be some others, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post

Honestly, any man able to cheat on Meggan should be castrated and fed his own balls, sprinkled with glass shards...

I mean, she is 1.-Drop on gorgeous. 2.-Probably the nicest, goodest person in the Marvel Universe. 3.-Literally shaped by Brian's preferences... she tends to become what people around her want her to be, both in body and mind, unless she fights it, but she does want Brian to love her, so she did want to become what he wished her to be...

Even if she was too naive and childish at times, the fact that she didn't change to become something else means that deep down Brian wanted her to remain that way.

If you can't love and be faithful to a person who literally becomes the incarnation of your deepest and truest desires, then you just can't be faithful to anybody...

Meggan isn't the kind of character I would like to be, and she may not be the most exciting character to write about, and the whole "reshape yourself to be the person your friends and lover want you to be" isn't very feminist, but she is the most agreeable superperson to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Mmmm... It was an arranged marriage, to his own sister. And Hercules has stated that, while he likes her, she is too childish for him. And he left Olympus, and has basically gotten separated from her...

Hercules tends to go for confident, strong and sexually aggresive women; I can't remember him making a move on the most childish, naive heroines. I think on some level, he still sees Hebe as his little sister, rather than a sexual partner...

I think the fact that they have been living separated lives for ages and that he can't break with her without making the family explode is a bit of a extenuating factor...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-24-2017 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

Most recently I can think of is Medusa cheating on Black Bolt with Johnny Storm in Soule's Uncanny Inhumans.

Janet cheated on Hank with Clint in Austen's Avengers.

I remember Sue had a very passionate make-out session with Namor while her husband Reed was missing.

Cyclops and Jean Grey both emotionally cheated on each other.

Misty Knight cheated on Danny in Priest's Power Man and Iron Fist.

I remember Polaris may or may-or-may-not-have slept with a male stripper shortly before her wedding with Havok.

I think Betty cheated on Bruce Banner in PAD's early Incredible Hulk, or at least I recall it was implied.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I think Betty cheated on Bruce Banner in PAD's early Incredible Hulk, or at least I recall it was implied.
    I think it was kind of complicated. She had a "husband" (in quotes because I'm not sure they were legally married) before she learned Bruce was alive and then she went off to find him and Bruce and Betty then finally got married.

Then said "husband" came back and she spent some time with him because Bruce was ignoring her, but they just talked and didn't do anything past that.

But then Bruce had an "episode" as Grey Hulk that left Betty injured and they were shown living together (I think) so who knows how far things were going then.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Most recently I can think of is Medusa cheating on Black Bolt with Johnny Storm in Soule's Uncanny Inhumans.

Janet cheated on Hank with Clint in Austen's Avengers.

I remember Sue had a very passionate make-out session with Namor while her husband Reed was missing.

Cyclops and Jean Grey both emotionally cheated on each other.

Misty Knight cheated on Danny in Priest's Power Man and Iron Fist.

I remember Polaris may or may-or-may-not-have slept with a male stripper shortly before her wedding with Havok.

I think both Medusa and Janet were broken up so not really cheating. Can't speak for the rest though