Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Tigra had trouble controlling her cat-side at that point, so I'm not sure how much we can really hold it against her. But as I recall, it was the other way around. She was sort-of dating Simon when she made a pass at Hank. Neither men knew she was involved with the other at first. I think she dumped Simon for Hank, then made a pass at Tony who wisely decided to decline because he didn't want to hurt Hank again (see, Tony was a good guy and a good friend at that point )

Janet and Hank were together at that point. They had been together since Heroes Return and Busiek's run, and were very happy. Austen, who hated Hank, wanted to make him suffer, I suppose. It let up to Jan and Clint looking like complete a$$holes, and Hank as a poor victim. That run was awful and so OOC that I personally don't even consider it canon.
    Well it sure looked like Hank was cheating just before being kidnapped by skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Well it sure looked like Hank was cheating just before being kidnapped by skrulls.
    Jan had already left when he went with that girl-turned-out-to-be-a-superskrull. You know, that classy note she left on the bathroom mirror? (Bendis)

Another OOC moment, IMO. I always suspected that the superskrull had some sort of persuasive telepathic power...

Black Knight cheated on Victoria Bentley with Crystal AND Sersi. Dane, you dog. To be fair, the writers at the time forgot he had a girlfriend living in his castle, along with his squire. So they killed her off and turned the squire into a villain. Oh, the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Black Knight cheated on Victoria Bentley with Crystal AND Sersi. Dane, you dog. To be fair, the writers at the time forgot he had a girlfriend living in his castle, along with his squire. So they killed her off and turned the squire into a villain. Oh, the 90s.
    I also don't think she came up once when he was crushing hard on The Wasp during his tenure on The Avengers (unless they got together afterwards...?).

Victoria was after the Wasp crush, after the second time he had been turned to a statue.

I've heard that if Roger Stern hadn't been fired, he'd planned to get Janet and Dane together (despite her initial rebuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Honestly, any man able to cheat on Meggan should be castrated and fed his own balls, sprinkled with glass shards...
    Well, that was when Brian was under Roma's curse (aka being written by Chris Claremont). Actually pretty much any time an American writes Brian it's horrible. And poor Meggan... Meggan was not the brain-damaged air-head who couldn't look after herself in the British comics, but CC obviously needed her like that to justify Nightcrawler needing to rescue her.

Also I believe Meggan cheated on Brian with Colossus at some point, didn't she? It was after I dropped the comic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Well, that was when Brian was under Roma's curse (aka being written by Chris Claremont). Actually pretty much any time an American writes Brian it's horrible. And poor Meggan... Meggan was not the brain-damaged air-head who couldn't look after herself in the British comics, but CC obviously needed her like that to justify Nightcrawler needing to rescue her.

Also I believe Meggan cheated on Brian with Colossus at some point, didn't she? It was after I dropped the comic, though.
    I don't think so. I remember wheh Colossus was part of Excalibur for a time, but I can't remember Meggan having a relationship with him... But truth to be told, things started to get messy afterwards, and I gave the X-Men and related books a rest during the period they split and half of them were hunting for Destiny's diaries...

Ultimate Member

I have no idea what his dating status with Kitty was at the time, but Colossus has, IIRC, had flings with both an alien healer on the Battleworld named T'saji (IIRC) and someone in the Savage Land (with which he may have had a child?).

At this point, it's more like, who *hasn't* cheated on a partner or spouse? And is it ironic or at least counter-intuitive that Tony Stark is more faithful to his one-night stands than most married heroes are to their spouses?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Honestly, any man able to cheat on Meggan should be castrated and fed his own balls, sprinkled with glass shards...

I mean, she is 1.-Drop on gorgeous. 2.-Probably the nicest, goodest person in the Marvel Universe. 3.-Literally shaped by Brian's preferences... she tends to become what people around her want her to be, both in body and mind, unless she fights it, but she does want Brian to love her, so she did want to become what he wished her to be...

Even if she was too naive and childish at times, the fact that she didn't change to become something else means that deep down Brian wanted her to remain that way.

If you can't love and be faithful to a person who literally becomes the incarnation of your deepest and truest desires, then you just can't be faithful to anybody...

Meggan isn't the kind of character I would like to be, and she may not be the most exciting character to write about, and the whole "reshape yourself to be the person your friends and lover want you to be" isn't very feminist, but she is the most agreeable superperson to have around.

She doesn't wear shoes. Her feet must be filthy. She should fix that. Take a look at hippies that walk around all day in their bare feet, it's terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    She doesn't wear shoes. Her feet must be filthy. She should fix that. Take a look at hippies that walk around all day in their bare feet, it's terrible!
    She's an elemental onmimorph. She probably can repel the dirt from her soles at will...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have no idea what his dating status with Kitty was at the time, but Colossus has, IIRC, had flings with both an alien healer on the Battleworld named T'saji (IIRC) and someone in the Savage Land (with which he may have had a child?).

At this point, it's more like, who *hasn't* cheated on a partner or spouse? And is it ironic or at least counter-intuitive that Tony Stark is more faithful to his one-night stands than most married heroes are to their spouses?
    Has Tony ever actually cheated on anyone? Like, legitimately?

I'm thinking of the time during Fraction's run where he slept with both Maria Hill and Pepper Potts within only a few days of each other, but he kept mind-wiping his brain so I'm not sure if he remembered his relationship with Hill by the time he encountered Pepper.

He never cheated on Bethany who ended up leaving him once she found out her husband was still alive.

I don't think he ever had a legitimate affair with Pepper while she was married to Happy but I may not have read enough Iron Man to know for sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Tony ever actually cheated on anyone? Like, legitimately?
    Not that I can think of--but he did have casual relationships where he was seeing more than one person at a time. Its possible that some of those women thought the relationship was more than it was, but from Tony's perspective it wouldn't have been cheating since they were not exclusive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think both Medusa and Janet were broken up so not really cheating. Can't speak for the rest though
    We never saw Medusa and BB break up, the only thing we saw was when Medusa gave BB that ultimatum and he ceded his throne because he refused to hurt her. The only time they speak between then and when he walks in to find her sucking tongue with Johnny Storm is in Uncanny Inhumans #0, where she still refers to him as "husband" and "my love" (even though she talks to him like he's trash). They weren't divorced, but even if they were broken up or whatever, the situation was quite clearly constructed to elicit feelings of betrayal along the lines of infidelity. Especially considering it was Johnny Storm of all people.

Honestly, I don't know why people can hate on someone real or not for cheating. It's just popular opinon I guess that it should be one partner/spouse.

Anyways all the characters I would to say have been said, Just wanted to add that side comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    We never saw Medusa and BB break up, the only thing we saw was when Medusa gave BB that ultimatum and he ceded his throne because he refused to hurt her. The only time they speak between then and when he walks in to find her sucking tongue with Johnny Storm is in Uncanny Inhumans #0, where she still refers to him as "husband" and "my love" (even though she talks to him like he's trash). They weren't divorced, but even if they were broken up or whatever, the situation was quite clearly constructed to elicit feelings of betrayal along the lines of infidelity. Especially considering it was Johnny Storm of all people.
    I remember an issue where she removes him from the throne and basically dumps him. You know which one I might be talking about? I believe BB returns and she basically whoops him and says he doesn't deserve to lead. That def felt like at least an unofficial separation

Edit: I think it's the panel you're talking about. I read that as her separating from him. Medusa also refers to a separation in the next issue. So I guess they're still married but separated nonetheless. Her and Jonnny was an awful romance tho
    Last edited by The Kid; 06-25-2017 at 01:28 AM.