Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Not to raise expectations unduly for anyone who hasn't read this, but this is the best thing DC has ever published and ever will.
    I've seen more than a few people say this, but I can't take that level of hype seriously.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

This entire issue was great from beginning to end.

The Dark Knight

Is this a one shot or a series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zep81 View Post
    Is this a one shot or a series?
    It's a one-shot and it was fantastic.

This is quite possibly the greatest DC comic ever created. Tom King has managed to turn a dumb crossover into legit one of the greatest single issues of Batman ever

I honestly thought it was pretty dreadful. Just one joke form beginning to end. Ah well, different strokes for different folks

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I'm not on the "it's the greatest thing ever" bandwagon by any means, but this issue was a great read. I really enjoyed the way King took the Looney Tunes characters and gave them a serious, but not too serious slant, and Lee Weeks' art was perfect. LOVED the 'Year One' style suit.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Man I love when King does one off stories, this is definitely up their with his Green Lantern Darksied War issue and the Grayson Futures End issue.

Incredible Member

This is definitely a classic of some kind.... I mean it makes the best use of its characters and setting by far.... Though to be honest I kind of thought there was a bit of a cop out at end... it didn't have the courage to go darker for this kind of story.... Film Noir narratives often have fatal consequences.

My God, I'd never pegged Tom King for a Looney Tunes fan but with all the references and the way he handled them in this I can't believe he isn't.

And the Robins showing up in the backup like that was hilarious. Bruce, you're terrible .

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Sorry, I'm confused; family stress weekend affected my brain. Who's Silver?
    Silver St. Cloud, a notable love interest of Bruce Wayne.

By the end of this issue, I just wanted more of her, which I think was the point .

King's regular Batman was quite good, but this was a very weird experiment. A lot of the credit for the success has to go for Lee Weeks, who reimagined the Looney Tunes in Gotham's world.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

I thought it was great. An interesting take on the Looney Tunes characters in the main story, which really felt like an episode of B:TAS to me, and Lee Weeks is just amazing. Batman in the Looney Tunes world was great fun.

Such a great noir style story! It was an interesting take on classic Looney Tunes characters, reminded me of The Wolf among Us And it was funny! And Weeks' art was simply fantastic. Like him much more on Batman than Superman. Oh and the second story was a classic LT episode, so good. Great stuff!

The Dark Knight

Bought and read this today.

The story is called pway for me.

Genuis

"My name is Elmer Fudd. And I'm hunting pwayboys"

Wonderful

Bugs The Bunny

Fantastic

This really is a wonderful comic. It needs to be a series or something with Fudd and Batman because they were fantastic together. The way they made the WB characters grounded was genius tbh and having Elmer's dialog in all its glory made it all the better.

Plus, there's a backup comic in it too that is just as great. With the actual Bugs Bunny/Elmer and of course Batman.

Can't recommend it highly enough. It's inspired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    King can do something amazing like this or the Swamp Thing issue, but his regular Batman is so average.

Strange, or maybe not. Maybe he shouldn't be the regular Batman writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Thats the conclusion I came to myself after reading this.
    Tom King is being wasted on Batman writing average Batman stories. Let's get him on another book.

I don't know what it is -- editorial interference, King being too nervous writing the icon, or maybe he's just a bad regular Batman writer -- but his run has been so average. Let him work on other project he's more suited to.