Thread: Chew on this!

Default Chew on this!

I just finished reading Chew, through trades, over the course of two weeks, give or take a few days. What a great run! I have to admit, it took me a couple of issues, maybe even the whole first trade to really "feel it", but once I did, I couldn't get it down fast enough.
    The book was hilarious, from the dialogue to the visuals. The writing and art go together like they were conceived from the same place. Layman and Guillory make a great team. I'm really hoping they take on another project together, but I'll be following both in whatever they do next.
    What a ride! Chew takes you on such a great romp through this super crazy world. The characters, their stories, abilities, what a breath of fresh air. And the end! Wow! What a great last panel. It honestly doesn't get better for me than this. I'm putting Chew on the top of my lists as some of the finest comics ever.
    How else could it have ended? Wow. I'm besides myself with how good it all was. If you haven't read Chew yet, i think it's about time you did.

This book made me laugh out loud so many times and yet at one point it also made me the saddest I've ever felt reading a comic book. So good!

I've heard good things about Layman's Aftershock title Eleanor and the Egret. Have not read it yet myself though.

Chew was the most consistently funny comic I've ever read.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I mostly enjoyed the series. I enjoyed the humor and the plot throughout but I'll admit it took a while for the art to grow on me but it really did complement the crazy concept. The only negative thing I can say about Chew is that I did feel that the ending was rushed. The overall mystery was neglected in several trades and more clues or details could have been evenly distributed throughout the last few trades to avoid squeezing things in at the very end.

Funny enough, Chew made me wanna eat chicken all the time. I liked the Asian main character since I am Asian myself and how he wasn't a stereotype.
    Superhero shows are trash

Anybody know if they will reprint Smorgasbord vol1? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    This book made me laugh out loud so many times and yet at one point it also made me the saddest I've ever felt reading a comic book. So good!

I've heard good things about Layman's Aftershock title Eleanor and the Egret. Have not read it yet myself though.

Looks pretty interesting! Thanks!

Big fan of this series. Wish I had picked the first ten issues when it debuted. I'll never be able to afford them now. Maybe 4 through 9 or so but not 1 through 3.