Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Does it really matter what the T800 is from?
    Kinda does for feats.

Having watched the SMDM again recently, I have to change my opinion. Colonel Steve Austin is overwhelmingly stronger. The dude throws cement blocks attached to steel pipes a hundred feet using them like a spear. He grabs objects like rifles and throws them so far you can barely see them in the distance as they land.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Kinda does for feats.

Having watched the SMDM again recently, I have to change my opinion. Colonel Steve Austin is overwhelmingly stronger. The dude throws cement blocks attached to steel pipes a hundred feet using them like a spear. He grabs objects like rifles and throws them so far you can barely see them in the distance as they land.
    Yeah, Steve (and Jaime) are the real deal. Both are much stronger and faster than most fans give credit.

For instance, the "60 mph running" was very conservative, as we specifically see Jaime running more than 100 mph (Winning is Everything). Both Jaime and Steve have run faster than 60 (but not timed in the shows) and even faster in later decades with improvements, as well as some massive feats of strength, like pushing a locomotive with cars in front of it or pushing an submarine.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Kinda does for feats.

I thought all T800 were kinda the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    With some effort (and an iron bar), Marcus Wright managed to tear off the head of a T-RIP.
    Marcus Wright has the same strength as a T 800 plus the pipe and the T was after John Connor, not him.

Not really. Off the top of my head, I can't recall the original Term doing anything that would require more than a thousand pounds of strength. His most impressive kills were actually rooted in durability, which is to say being able to shoot people and no-sell them shooting him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Skynet's T-800 takes on Steve Austin the Bionic Man.

Fight takes place in an urban street. Both start Unarmed, but can collect weapons from their surroundings
    Question: does the fight take place in the US? If so, does said urban setting take place in a red or blue state?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ya mean, pull on all of that thick brown chest hair??
    Y'see, that was a viable tactic back then baby, yeah!!

B6880cBCAAAtij6.jpg
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Y'see, that was a viable tactic back then baby, yeah!!

B6880cBCAAAtij6.jpg
    Ahahahah. Yeah, I know what ya mean! At times, it appeared Steve had even more chest hair than this, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Not really. Off the top of my head, I can't recall the original Term doing anything that would require more than a thousand pounds of strength. His most impressive kills were actually rooted in durability, which is to say being able to shoot people and no-sell them shooting him back.
    Evey T800 is the same skynet makes them all the same any showings from other movies I thought
    count as showings for all the T800 at least that's how I see it

Steve Austin Powers! He makes Jaime hoooooorneeeee!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I didn't mean to be snarky. It's just that I know the T-800s only from the first two movies. I wasn't sure if maybe they got more powerful later.

Ahahahah. Yeah, I know what ya mean! At times, it appeared Steve had even more chest hair than this, lol!
    Hell I got more chest hair than that.

As for T 800s

They all have same durability, strength and speed. The differences are fuel and cpus.

In T2 Arnie was the mist advanced model cpu and such. In T3 he had multiple fuel cells that could be used as bombs as a example.

Yeah, Steve (and Jaime) are the real deal. Both are much stronger and faster than most fans give credit.

For instance, the "60 mph running" was very conservative, as we specifically see Jaime running more than 100 mph (Winning is Everything). Both Jaime and Steve have run faster than 60 (but not timed in the shows) and even faster in later decades with improvements, as well as some massive feats of strength, like pushing a locomotive with cars in front of it or pushing an submarine.
    Aside from running, I remember Austin doing stuff a couple of times where he snagged a gun out of someone's holster too fast for them to react and did stuff like moving his arm at almost blur speed to build stuff. At least a couple of times, he threw a pillow with enough force to knock someone out, once from a distance equivalent to being across the street.

Jaime Sommers doesn't have quite those kinds of feats because they tried to play down the brute force with her and emphasize the ability to persuade people. But even she has feats of taking weapons and throwing them almost out of sight they flew so far.

And the T-800 terminators seem slow, relying on their durability which is not going to cut it here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Hell I got more chest hair than that.

As for T 800s

They all have same durability, strength and speed. The differences are fuel and cpus.

In T2 Arnie was the mist advanced model cpu and such. In T3 he had multiple fuel cells that could be used as bombs as a example.
    The one in T3 was T850

The one in T3 was T850
    I still hope that somebody comes out with a comics mini series based on this lineup. It would be interesting to see OSI take an interest in the Terminator's microchips and what that might mean for the development of SkyNet.