Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default How would you bring Conner Kent back?

If you were writing the Superman title how would you bring Kon back into the fold?

Would you keep Jon around?

Also doesn't the current Superman remember Conner? He's form the pre-flashpoint universe right?

BANNED

At this point I wouldn't bring him back. It's too late. His moment has gone. He's never going to be the 'real' Conner again.
    Also, if I were writing the Superman title, I would have a full plate already. Let some enterprising Teen Titans writer have a go at it if he wants, Conner is going to be in those books way more than in mine anyway.

Definitely would get rid of Jon ASAP though. Giving Superman a kid is just begging for trouble down the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    At this point I wouldn't bring him back. It's too late. His moment has gone. He's never going to be the 'real' Conner again.
    Also, if I were writing the Superman title, I would have a full plate already. Let some enterprising Teen Titans writer have a go at it if he wants, Conner is going to be in those books way more than in mine anyway.

Definitely would get rid of Jon ASAP though. Giving Superman a kid is just begging for trouble down the line.

We had preflashpoijt, flashpoint,new 52,then preflashpoint,and now Reborn,and you think time isn't,or couldn't change again easily to make kon a part of the history? Come on,let's not be so naive.he isn1 time shennanigan away from being brought back.

Yes TT or a new YJ book is where he will probably be the most,but it isn't where he should comeback from.superman is at the epicenter of a lot of time alterations,and it won't probably stop,doomsday clock is the next place it might happen.

Jon has worked,I like him in his own book,and he is ok in the others.superman can still be Superman even with a kid.super sns is a great book.

I want more,not less when it comes to SUPER charscters personally

BANNED

As Oz's prisoner,or when Rebirth makes the history of the DCU permanent.superman is a prime example.of fluctuating timelines,his pre flashpoint half would remember Kon,but his new 52 side wouldn't,and everything is still.fair game,and actually pre flashpoint characters and history has been slipping back in all over the place.

Jon has nothing to do with if or when Kon should or shouldn't comeback,he is a totally.seperate character,and a good one at that.

Kon needs to be back,as the clone created by humans,for humans.yes his powers are fractured and mutated,but he is a badass that can kick much ass.smart as hell,but also overconfident,because of who he was created to resemble.

In an arc of Action Comics as the half human clone of Superman created by Cadmus.
    I'd love if Action became a team book like Detective. The Superman family desperately needs to be developd back to its full potential and Action would be the perfect place to reintroduce characters like Kon and Matrix and also give more proeminence to others like Steel and Lana.
    'Tec is doing a great job at giving each member its own spotlight arc while also focusing on building team dynamics. The Superfaimly could use that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And someone would just bring him back ASAP. He's popular regardless of what you think or want, and DC are making a push for his long-term future so he is not a burden

Put him in stasis or the Phantom Zone until the future and bring him into the Legion. I feel he belongs the most there.

Maybe we need a separate thread on "Should Conner be brought back?" / "Why the hell would anybody WANT DC to bring back Conner?"

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would do something really dastric and make every iteration of superboy into one person.With Superman's new timeline not having any traces of superboy so far, there is a good opportunity to do something interesting. Have chris kent start it off and be raised by Clark and Lois, but he'll die. He then comes back after Superman's death by Doomsday as 90s superboy. He'll die again years later and be revived as a clone named Connor/Kon and does young justice/new 52 adventures etc. Finally explain that no one remembers any of this because Oz screwed things up or something, and he'll be a prisoner in a cell or something. Because of his experience, Superman decides to give him his new 52 armor(Superman's armor, not Kons) and proclaim his a Superman. He can call himself superlad or something.

Incredible Member

Simple have him a clone freed from Cadmus by Superman/Supergirl. I would combine the most popular aspects of the character from the 90s/TT John's run and TVs YJ. Where as John is this hopeful kid, make Kon a teenager slightly emo but really cocky.

I would also bring back Bart and have them join Tim on a new team....

Whatever happens. Happens TheNomadicOne's Avatar

I would say DC would bring him back as Oz's prisoner, but if I were to bring him back, I would actually be happy with Connor being a hybrid of all of the past iterations before him (his personality mostly like young justice but with a little hint of his original cocky self. Or make him cocky but don't make him a dick like Damian.)

On a side note, I would love to have Chris kent back, as a kind of older adopted brother to Jon. I just like the idea of Superman's family growing as compared to the Batfamily

Definitely Legion, it's an good more or less unfilled niche. Plus a Legion of Superheroes title might sell better with him on it. I do hope he comes back with his history intact though. Though I suspect he's going to start brand new, right out of a cloning pod, history still wiped. Also I like the new kid, but I want there to be a "passing the torch" moment between him and Kon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would do something really dastric and make every iteration of superboy into one person.With Superman's new timeline not having any traces of superboy so far, there is a good opportunity to do something interesting. Have chris kent start it off and be raised by Clark and Lois, but he'll die. He then comes back after Superman's death by Doomsday as 90s superboy. He'll die again years later and be revived as a clone named Connor/Kon and does young justice/new 52 adventures etc. Finally explain that no one remembers any of this because Oz screwed things up or something, and he'll be a prisoner in a cell or something. Because of his experience, Superman decides to give him his new 52 armor(Superman's armor, not Kons) and proclaim his a Superman. He can call himself superlad or something.
    I'm just gonna say a hard "no" to this. Just bring back Conner as he was before the New 52 screwed him up.

It's clear from "The Button" that Manhattan (presumably) is "holding" past timelines/eras in place. I take this to mean that Manhattan "stored" them after removing them from the post-Infinite Crisis timeline, perhaps to use in a later phase of his experiment or because he didn't want to wipe them out completely.

Wally returned this way, only integrated and then altered by the new timeline after Barry remembered him. This almost happened with Jay, but since he represents an entire era that is the beginning of legacy in the DCU, Manhattan snapped him back before he could be remembered.

This is how I imagine Connor's return will unfold. Superman or another character (perhaps Tim) will see Connor and remember him, further altering the timeline. This may happen in the upcoming Action or TEC arcs, in Doomsday Clock, or in whatever story follows Doomsday Clock.

Astonishing Member

The origin from the original introduction would stand. After the Doomsday battle Cadmus created a Superman clone to fill the gap. Human tissue was used to stabilize the process so it didn't produce a Bizarro. The process was interrupted resulting in a teen-clone. All (or at least most) of the stories up to Sins-of-Youth happened.

Then Ox comes into the picture and things get hazy. The real Kon is pulled from reality and replaced by a series of replacements. First Match (with a failed version being that Bizarro Match), a version from Earth 247, Jon Lane. After seeing that none of that worked Kon's whole history was masked like Wally's was prior to Rebirth. No one remembers a Superboy between Clark's youth and Jon's recent debut.

Then Kon returns.