Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    tbh does Damian and jon even have a generation? its just really them and a few stragglers like maya aka nobody.
    Add in Kathy, Baka, Maxine Baker, Emiko, Kid Amazo's technopath sister Sarah, and Jon's neosapian cousin Susie. But as a whole I'm sure the main idea will be to build that generation from scratch. And as Ascended says, I could see them adding in people like Nu Wally or even Pre-52 Wally's kids (though I don't read Titans so I have no way of knowing how feasible that is).

The way I'm envisioning it is having Kon's generation act as the student mentors of Jon's generation on one big Young Justice team ala the show. It's sort of become part of Damian's catchphrase to call his Teen Titans "the Justice League of tomorrow," but that's not what the Teen Titans are really about, and I think the rumored merger will squash Damian's dreams for them in that regard. But, Young Justice was sort of founded on the idea that one day those three kids would have to fill the biggest shoes imaginable. So I'd imagine that's more Damian's speed.

I'm half expecting the merged Titans book to open with an arc about Damian feeling like he's being edged out of his own team.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Well seeing as though "Damian's generation",which I don't like calling it that,cause he is a over exposed dick,and the true batgod imo.but couldn't we grab all these young lil turds and have the YJ generation team and train them? Would anybody be happy with that?
    I'd rather the groups be kept separate, save for crossovers and guest appearances.

And btw my YJ team of choice is the YJ4,m martian,aqaulad,blue beetle, static,and maybe aquagirl and Damage,just cause I like them both a lot
    My ideal YJ team at this point is: YJ4, Slobo, Empress, Hot Spot, Argent and Lorena, with Cissie as a civilian ally. (maybe mix in Risk and Damage as the roster evolves)

Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with your roster too, they do have many similarities, if Miss M wasn't present. She's never clicked for me at all.

BANNED

I would rather the YJ team become there own team of late teens,high school graduates,who know they can do good,and there is still more to do,even if there are older and younger heroes than them.i would also say they are not afraid of getting their hands dirty for the right things.they can be just as bright and out there as the other heroes,or be in the shadows.

Yes I like the TV show,and I like how they present this generation of heroes,it makes them different and stand out in a crowd.

BANNED

i would also say they are not afraid of getting their hands dirty for the right things
    You want the generation that's supposed to be all about fun (Even if DC's missed that point for 14 years) to become killers? Please clarify if that's not what you mean.

Extraordinary Member

Easy: I would just have him show up and say "Hey guys, I'm back" and Clark say "'Sup Conner. Where you been? You see Ma on the farm?" and leave it at that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You want the generation that's supposed to be all about fun (Even if DC's missed that point for 14 years) to become killers? Please clarify if that's not what you mean.

You have read enough of my posts to know I would NEVER be ok with them becoming killers.i meant like working in the dark and shady part of the DCU,and not always in the light.

When DC perceives one generation being competitive with another generation they pick their favorites and squash the other one,and right now the YJ generation is not their 1st,2nd,or 3rd pick.

BANNED

You have read enough of my posts to know I would NEVER be ok with them becoming killers.i meant like working in the dark and shady part of the DCU,and not always in the light.

When DC perceives one generation being competitive with another generation they pick their favorites and squash the other one,and right now the YJ generation is not their 1st,2nd,or 3rd pick.
    That's fair. I knew you wouldn't really want that, which is why I wanted to make sure.

I think I've mentioned to you my basic take on how I'd play this. Basically that if the other generations are the elder statesmen, the first line of defense, the sidekicks who grew up, and the next generation, then I'd have the YJ gen be the wildcards; getting into the weirdest situations, not trying be nearly as professional as the other gens and not caring what they say about their methods. Basically a huge "Take That" towards the bashing Johns and DC gave YJ in the first place.

BANNED

The problem is there are a bat,super, wonder,arrow,aqua character in every damn generation,and what do you do with them all.do you put the Bruce Ina team with dick,or Tim on a team with damian,and see if it feels right.

Red hood found a way out of this,Artemis and bizzaro also.this spread out,and find new territory to cover is the answer.i really think you can have as many teams as you want,aslong as you give them their own identity,and their own direction.

BANNED

If DC would stop making new characters with the specific idea of replacing a past generations version of a character,it would be easier to "bring back" or "use" a character.

Kon for all intents and purposes is a 1st generation type character,cause besides Kara,and Valor, you only have Clark.same for ms martian,there is only jonn,that's probably why the YJ tv show used them both in the 1st season,even though they are clearly in the comics with tim,Cassie,and Bart's generation.

Jon is kons legacy character,as Kon is Clark's(like Jay to Barry to Wally to Bart).

Because of kons special place "between" generations and legacies,you would think he would.have more ways to be used,more places to go,and ppl to be around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I don't think bringing him back is all that hard....they just need to hammer out a Concrete Power Set and a Concrete Origin and stick to it....no retcons...if you ask me stick to what is simple...
    The original origin premise and powerset did exactly that. There was nothing complicated about it until retcons.

Clark Kent Clone with Lex Luthor DNA mixed in. Simple sure perhaps overly so but Clark and Lex will always be relevant in the Superman Mythos and its easy to explain to the GA in cartoons, videogames, tv and movies.
    So no retcons except for the retcon that started this mess to begin with?

Ok here's the deal.....nevermind all the story that was undone & ignored, the contradictions, and so on. That easily proves how it wasn't simple. But let's talk theme. Lex did make a clone as a weapon against Superman in the mythos. That clone's name? Bizarro. From the beginning to Post-Crisis, that was Bizarro's premise. It made perfect sense why New 52 Bizarro and other Bizarro was created by Lex that way. Some were all "Oh that should be Kon", but that was Bizarro's deal since day 1! Superman clone used as a weapon by Lex. Making Kon-El a Luthor creation with the same M.O. in origin with the same "creator" is basically a Bizarro retread in premise and in story. And other "weapons against Superman" are peppered in other characters with Luthor in the origin (Metallo, Parasite, Etc.). That's one reason (among others) why I didn't care for it. It was Bizarro Jr. when it didn't need to be. And Mr. Xenophobe using his DNA to essentially bring his arch nemesis who he wanted dead back from the dead made no sense (and the premise making "something Superman loves" in Titans when Superman was already dead made no sense either).

The world's leading experts on cloning creating Kon as the government's Superman, literally Frank Miller Superman if his real creator had his way, made sense. It's always been a solid premise and it ties into Superman's own history with cloning on Krypton. Luthor cheapens Cadmus and that has been shown in other media with Cadmus being a glorified Luthor farm instead of what Kirby envisioned. And Superman is a part of Kon-El. They literally made the kid in his image. That's the part that's most important. Luthor has never been needed and as a reader of those books, it shows. You don't need Luthor to have a Superman character thrive and that's been proven many a time in comics and in other media. And the "two donor deal" instead of an actual clone was a bad idea and a mess in story just like the three donor Superboy in New 52. One donor. All it ever was. All it ever needed. And that donor is not Lex.

The powerset is a bit trickier. I liked Young Justice for the most part but the fact he couldn't fly annoyed me ....however the problem with TTK is someone coming in and wanting to make it true TK and true TKs are overpowered what keeps them in line tends to be weak physical stats....having all the Kryptonian Powers and Full Jean Grey Style TK is too broken for anything but Elseworld.
    The powers as originally conceived were fine as is with potential for growth. When it comes down to it, Superboy was literally "Superman with a TK field" instead of a Kryptonian aura because they couldn't replicate the latter. That gave way for an original powerset different from Superman (stated and shown) and new ways to exhibit said power. Before Teen Titans forgot it all, we saw new abilities with the tactile TK that made him even more original (and potential new ones like his clone Match). Even looking at the very nature of his powers, you can even go for "tk reinterpretations" of the classic Superman powerset. Tactile telekinesis is one of the things that gives Superboy his own unique niche in the Superman mythos. He had vision powers and other powers that he had to grow into as he matured, but he wasn't some OP'd TK user because of that. I have NEVER read a pre-Titans story with Superboy as an adult or a kid being an OP TK user. He still had a kryptonite weakness, vunerable to magic, and other weaknesses. He doesn't have to be at Superman's level of power mastery as a kid or young adult, but he shouldn't be weak at all. Im sorry, but Kon-El without the full tactile telekinesis is not Kon-El.

It's giving me a pretzel and calling it a milkshake.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 08-07-2017 at 03:50 PM.

BANNED

The original origin and powerset were the best imo also,it was less dependant on donors and emo feelings,and more on a awesome character,staying in character,doing what he does best.

Tactile telekinesis,being dropped for limited TK hurt,mostly cause kons series had him using it for all kinds of advanced uses in the Joe Kelly run like,TK air bubbles for space travel,and even going as far as what they did with the guns in LA idea,that could have led to TTK senses (sorta like the new 52 Kon had,but used insanely powerful).