Fantastic Member

Default Swamp Thing: From Alan Moore to New 52

Hi all. I would appreciate your help regarding Swamp Thing. I was introduced to the character with the new 52 run and I finally got around to reading Alan Moore's run which is great! My understanding is that not everything between Moore's run and the new 52 run are in continuity. For example in one of the Vertigo series Swamp Thing has a daughter, Tefe, who has not appeared in the new 52 run. So my question is which of the runs following Moore's are considered to still be in continuity? Also, out of the ones that are non-canon anymore, are there any stories worth reading? Many thanks in advance!

I guess with all runs it's up to the reader to decide what's in continuity. Personally I just prefer the Moore run as canon.

I loved the Snyder run though. I'm reading it right now!

I can't answer about canon, but IMO:
    Rick Veitch's run is quite good - though IMO it gets a bit boring later on.
    Doug Wheeler's run is absolutely terrible - and gets worse when Mike Hoffman does the art.
    Nancy A Collins is okay - and she had Dick Foreman as a semi-regular fill-in writer who did some great single issue stories.
    Mark Millar's run is excellent - Second only to Moore.
    I only read the first 5 issues of Brian Vaughan's run, but I plan on getting the TPBs to give it another chance.
    Andy Diggle's is terrible - but has great art which reminded me of Druillet
    Joshua Dysart's didn't work for me - but still has the great art.

After that I've only read the first TPB of Snyder's run. That had great art, but the story felt like an "Alan Moore's Greatest Hits" volume.