Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Define him to be a arch enemy of just one super hero.
    He have been a enemy of too many super heroes (Captain America,Shield,Avengers,Iron Man,Hulk...)
    The best stories i remembre enjoying of MODOK,were old Hulk stories way back.
    he was Captain Marvel's for a hot second.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Define him to be a arch enemy of just one super hero.
    He have been a enemy of too many super heroes (Captain America,Shield,Avengers,Iron Man,Hulk...)
    The best stories i remembre enjoying of MODOK,were old Hulk stories way back.
    Nah, that's not a good idea, IMO. The character concept works best if he's the evil leader of a supervillain organization that doesn't always fight heroes directly. This naturally lends to his organization being a general menace in the entire fictional universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yes, but this time make him Carol's boyfriend. Star-crossed lovers always works, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Exactly my point.
    MODOK have been a villain of to many super heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Nah, that's not a good idea, IMO. The character concept works best if he's the evil leader of a supervillain organization that doesn't always fight heroes directly. This naturally lends to his organization being a general menace in the entire fictional universe.
    Thats a role though that the character had for years but imo is not the best.
    Power wise,MODOK have fought the Hulk so i think if MODOK got to be defined more to be the arch enemy of just one super hero his status could be better defined.

BANNED

Let's talk Marvel's MODOK

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This...and make him a serious bad guy.

Modak needs to fight some other telepaths.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

He did have an unusual appearance in Doctor Doom #4 and he is back with A.I.M. I'd like to see the Intelligencia return at some point which would be another good spot for him

BANNED

Will We Ever See Marvel's Weirdest Character Join The MCU?

He and AIM make sense as Ant-Man villains. He’s a giant head who gets around on spider legs. It makes more sense than using the Ghost.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Modoks 11z ‘nuff said.

Boisterously Confused

First, remember that MODOK was somebody to whom something horrible was done by his own people. They turned him into a freakshow exhibit to manufacture the cosmic cube.

Second, remember that he was NOT a good guy to begin with. He was a freakin' AIM agent.

Third, keep in mind that this is a guy who thinks the world owes him something, and that notion got megaphoned by the fact that he's way smarter now, and the fact that (although he won't admit it) he's ashamed of how hideous other people now to find him.

Finally, remember that he IS super smart.
    • His schemes should be brain-bustingly complex
    • His schemes should have an element of "yeah, we should do something about 'x'" to them
    • His schemes should be horrific in looking at individuals as average data points instead of important beings

In otherwords, MODOK should be a commentary on how Industry treats and shapes all of us.

ETA: looking on my own comments, you can't juxtipose him against a pretty hero, like Captains America/Marvel. You need somebody with serious flaws, like Hulk or Iron Man.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 04-15-2020 at 03:45 PM.

MODOK is one of those characters that just screams comic book. He's super weird, embrace it, it's what sets him apart. Like people have mentioned already, just make him and AIM a serious threat again. The idea of AIM being out there should be terrifying to anyone who knows about it. Forget Hydra and take over the world stuff, AIM can create any manner of tech or genetic monstrosities. In a world were things like the Hulk and MODOK himself are possible, AIM existing should be keeping people like Stark, Reed and Cap up at night.

The only take on him I’ve liked is Jeff Parker’s MODOK Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    MODOK is one of those characters that just screams comic book. He's super weird, embrace it, it's what sets him apart. Like people have mentioned already, just make him and AIM a serious threat again. The idea of AIM being out there should be terrifying to anyone who knows about it. Forget Hydra and take over the world stuff, AIM can create any manner of tech or genetic monstrosities. In a world were things like the Hulk and MODOK himself are possible, AIM existing should be keeping people like Stark, Reed and Cap up at night.
    Completely agree with everything you've said. MODOK is actually my favourite Marvel villain but he's been treated as a joke for far too long