Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
*protagonist is either a nobody or an extremely c***y alpha male at the top of his game in life*
*protagonist suffers a horrific accident/tragedy/mishap*
*Mentor archetype comes in and shows him a new way of looking at the world*
*Big baddie enters the scene and f***s some s*** up*
*love interest is also introduced at around this time*
*Mentor character dies fighting the big baddie or is otherwise killed by uncontrollable circumstance*
*protagonist rises up to the challenge and defeats the big baddie and then starts his journey as a full time super hero*
*Remember how, in The Avengers, New York was invaded by aliens, and the superheroes joined together to defeat them, and it was unlike anything you'd ever seen in a movie? For comic book fans, that's Wednesday. By our estimation, the Marvel Comics Earth gets invaded by aliens about 367 times a year, and the movies are following suit. Only a year after The Avengers, we had another alien-invasion story in Thor 2. MCU in a pea shell

Logan is loosely connected to Old Man Logan and the westerns of the 70s. No one ever denied it. That was the promise of Logan, to take a comic book movie and flip it on itself. MCU stays the same, Spiderman Homecoming is the recent formulaic movie suffering the consequences.
The backstory of characters may be different but every mcu movie uses the same formulaic status quo. Logan is an out of the bubble comic book movie. MCU is sinking in the bubble of nothingness.
The mcu movies are fun but they leave you cold when the credits roll. X-Men movies don't usually do that. Some MCU close minded kissers tend to interpret X-men as depressing or boring but what it truly does is reflect the problems surrounding ''modern marvel'' beyond Marvel vs Capcom infinite.
The MCU have no clue on how to make a comic film that is not expected from the expected comic films. I will get some slack when next I bring up the maturity question since some ''men '' need to stick out their tongues at others when talking.
What you've basically said to me is "Marvel should stay away from the origins of their superheroes so they can be different.

Are you not aware of what Tony Stark's origins are? Are you not aware of who Steve Rogers was before he became Captain America? Scott Lang before he was Ant-Man? Stephen Strange before he was the Sorcerer Supreme? All of these origins to my knowledge are translated almost accurately from comics to film, and that's a bad thing? But of course, go ahead and single out the MCU when Man of Steel, Batman Begins, Deadpool, The Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Wonder Woman, (soon to be) Justice League and many more have all used many of those plot points you just posted. It's called the Hero's Journey. Even the freakin Bible uses it.

But please, tell me how Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America: Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, The Incredible Hulk and Avengers: Age of Ultron have all used that formula you just described