Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    Astonishing Member

Add the Justice League as another team movie who is going to destroy the X-Men movies. Maybe Fox should recruit Joss Whedon to reboot the X-Men? Maybe then it can be done right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You do realize that you're the only one who brought up Black Comedy nonsense right?
    Because the comedic aspects of Deadpool fits rightfully in MCU movies that conforms to the Disney rules and regulation of violence, strong language, grit, nudity and sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Because the comedic aspects of Deadpool fits rightfully in MCU movies that conforms to the Disney rules and regulation of violence, strong language, grit, nudity and sex?
    How does that counter my post? What the hell are you even trying to say here?

You want Spider-Man to start swearing and having crazy sex and killing people or something? Are black comedies always superior than others?

And by the way, MCU does have dark comedy moments. In Iron Man 2, Justin Hammer trying to replicate Tony Stark's suit has one guy pretty much horribly die(the suites upper part turns almost 180). And Hammer comments, "He survived."

Or in Homecoming, that teacher's comment, "I can't loose a kid on trip. Not again."

Or in The Avengers:

Thor: He's[Loki] my brother.
    Black Widow: He killed 60 people.
    Thor: He's adopted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Add the Justice League as another team movie who is going to destroy the X-Men movies. Maybe Fox should recruit Joss Whedon to reboot the X-Men? Maybe then it can be done right.
    Justice League is more destined to destroy the Avengers since both movies concepts are similar. If X-Men had a set up of the original X-Men, X-force, New Mutants and X-factor establish in different films , then come together for one movie that will be X-Men's version of Avengers and Justice League. But I also say this because Whedon was misused in both Avengers movies.

The first Avengers movies had a gimmick plot but the heroes fighting and having fun together as a united team made the film worth it..

The second avengers had a gimmick story that is worse but this time the chemistry of the heroes faltered.

Whedon can finally shows his true colors as a director. Justice League already has Zack Snyder amazing action, now they have Whedon who will address the film with a maturity ink,something he didn't get to do in the avengers movies. I see Justice league becoming more of a bigger X2 than an Avengers.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 07-23-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

All I can say is that I take each film as it comes. If the movie doesn't hold up critically or feels too derivative or repetitive, I don't go to see it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Yes how could we forget that quippy black friend of that hero or that quippy funny everyman. Yeah sure mention 4 SIDE CHARACTERS and act like they're main players
    Given those 4 side characters have large fanbase with long-standing pathos & character development in the comics & they're nothing more than a footnote in these films I can't possibly imagine why these criticism can't hold.

Also Storm had more arc in the third movie than all the female characters and even became the head mistress of Xavier school
    & Then DoFP happened retconning X3 & that development out of existence. Oh but that's OK She became a goon for Apocalypse in the new timeline.

Astonishing Member

Justice League is more destined to destroy the Avengers since both movies concepts are similar.
    Even if it does I'm okay with that. There's a lot of upside to the DCEU. A lot of IPs WB can bring to the screen. It's just too bad for now the X-Men will be the ugly cousin who's forgotten. A side joke to be used in the Deadpool films.

BANNED

How does that counter my post? What the hell are you even trying to say here?

You want Spider-Man to start swearing and having crazy sex and killing people or something? Are black comedies always superior than others?

And by the way, MCU does have dark comedy moments. In Iron Man 2, Justin Hammer trying to replicate Tony Stark's suit has one guy pretty much horribly die(the suites upper part turns almost 180). And Hammer comments, "He survived."

Or in Homecoming, that teacher's comment, "I can't loose a kid on trip. Not again."

Or in The Avengers:

Thor: He's[Loki] my brother.
    Black Widow: He killed 60 people.
    Thor: He's adopted.
    Avengers is not meant to be a comedy in the first place.The exchange between Thor and black widow was a joke to throw people off the concept of Loki's death count. we laughed although the theme was death. who laughs at death when you really think about it. There exists a similar moment in DOFP of another adopted sibling who becomes the villain, only in the situation, its handle without any jokes but with fear, optimisticsm and sadness.

Erik: She's out there fighting for our cause.

Charles: Your cause.

Charles: The girl I raised was not capable of killing.

Eric:You didn't raise her, you grew up with her.She couldn't stay a little girl forever.

Charles:But now we know where that choice leads, don't we? She's going to murder Trask,
    they're going to capture her...and then they're going to wipe us out.

Charles and Eric words cuts deeper into the psyche of Mystique without any use of comedy. it thickens the plot of DOFP while Avengers becomes more thin brought down by displaced humor. what this further does is make Mystique look more dangerous than Loki forgetting she has yet to kill, while Loki has killed 80 and counting.. the exchange between thor and black widow is generic when thor feels he needs to make light of the situation with a joke.

Charles and Eric bring a lot of things to floor. Eric is optimistic that Mystique's is fighting for their ''cause''. From Charles POV, he is sad because he is certain he raised mystique better and he is scared at the same time because her actions will end up wiping out mutants. this is how you escape generic writing in films. MCU is stuck in a rut.

Deadpool works with black comedy since he uses a mass amount of violence in full display. the comedy is Deadpool is not subtle, Deadpool usually goes full vulgar. Avengers, Spiderman Homecoming?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Even if it does I'm okay with that. There's a lot of upside to the DCEU. A lot of IPs WB can bring to the screen. It's just too bad for now the X-Men will be the ugly cousin who's forgotten. A side joke to be used in the Deadpool films.
    All is ridding on how the next x-men film will turn out.

If X-men can deliver Days of Future Past 3.0, it will further clear the lines of the gimmick Marvel movies (MCU) and the more thoughtful Marvel movies (X-Men).

If Fox delivers another turd like Apocalypse it will be forgotten. Whedon must wants to forget about his work on the Avengers sequel & the first film. Both films never showed any of his creative input and were all easily forgettable if you place those movies against the latest X-Men movie. Logan.

Deadpool 1 spent more time joking about the concept of formulaic comics films, those are your MCU movies. Remember when Deadpool said ..''oh superhero landings and poses''. we see that more in MCU than X-Men. Avengers posing for the whole of new york in Avengers 1. In X-Men , the guys spend more time running for their asses and fighting to the death than striking a pose in what I believe is suppose to be a war zone.

Deadpool 2 will make more side jokes at infinity war since Thanos is Cable. Deadpool might say something to the lines off..'so hey cable, what's it like to be in your very first adult comic film'?

Cable will reply by saying: ''thank god I am no longer under a studio for three year olds, I will travel to the past to change it so it does not happen again''.

The Joke is on marvel since marvel at best are generic action-comedies. its easier to use marvel as a punching bag.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 07-23-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    No they're not. X Men has anyways been about the different ideologies. Just because Wolverine got slightly more focus doesn't mean it's all about him. What about all the focus Iron Man gets? He had the most screen time between both Avengers, most relevant, he is the one who gets the vision, he's the one who creates Ultron, and in a way created the Avengers or even made/introduced them or his father helped create Captain America and Stark tech was used for the Hulk Experiment and of course he makes Vision with Jarvis and becomes Spider-Man's mentor

No gotg was all about Quill. I don't even know what Rockets arc was. Gamora and Nebula had one scene. Drax and Mantis did nothing. They could've brought up Drax killing Ronan but not being stratified but nope. Civil War side characters were all pointless and outside of wtf moments were just fluff who contributed nothing to the plot. Clint and Scott abandoned their families and blindly follow Cap with no evidence and this friendship thing was bs

Ps are you really gonna say Cyclops is your favorite X Men? In the 90s Wolverine was the most popular by far so don't act like Cyclops was always relevant
    Come on man, I won't argue all the things I think you over looked but as far as Drax and Mantis just watch the scene where Drax recalls his family and as soon as Mantis touches him she tears up.

Knowing her powers/ being able to feel emotion of others, that moment was just a huge window into who Drax is and just shows everything going on under that tough demeanor he presents.

After that scene I went home watched GOTG vol.1 again it gives Drax's comments on killing Thanos and his minions in completely different perspective.
    Last edited by EgoManiac; 07-22-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Avengers is not meant to be a comedy in the first place.The exchange between Thor and black widow was a joke to throw people off the concept of Loki's death count. we laughed although the theme was death. who laughs at death when you really think about it. There exists a similar moment in DOFP of another adopted sibling who becomes the villain, only in the situation, its handle without any jokes but with fear, optimisticsm and sadness.

Erik: She's out there fighting for our cause.

Charles: Your cause.

Charles: The girl I raised was not capable of killing.

Eric:You didn't raise her, you grew up with her.She couldn't stay a little girl forever.

Charles:But now we know where that choice leads, don't we? She's going to murder Trask,
    they're going to capture her...and then they're going to wipe us out.

Charles and Eric words cuts deeper into the psyche of Mystique without any use of comedy. it thickens the plot of DOFP while Avengers becomes more thin brought down by displaced humor. what this further does is make Mystique look more dangerous than Loki forgetting she has yet to kill, while Loki has killed 80 and counting.. the exchange between thor and black widow is generic when thor feels he needs to make light of the situation with a joke.

Charles and Eric bring a lot of things to floor. Eric is optimistic that Mystique's is fighting for their ''cause''. From Charles POV, he is sad because he is certain he raised mystique better and he is scared at the same time because her actions will end up wiping out mutants. this is how you escape generic writing in films. MCU is stuck in a rut.

Deadpool works with black comedy since he uses a mass amount of violence in full display. the comedy is Deadpool is not subtle, Deadpool usually goes full vulgar. Avengers, Spiderman Homecoming?
    1. Nice attempt at changing what we[you] were talking about.
    2. I thought all MCU movies were action comedies? Now they are not?
    3. Being subtle is bad. Who knew?
    4. You really have absolutely no idea what a black or dark comedy is.

BANNED

1. Nice attempt at changing what we[you] were talking about.
    2. I thought all MCU movies were action comedies? Now they are not?
    3. Being subtle is bad. Who knew?
    4. You really have absolutely no idea what a black or dark comedy is.
    1. Nice attempt to ignore how X-Men and Avengers handle adopted evil siblings.
    2. Action-Comedies are the building blocks of every marvel movie. nothing wrong with that but its get jarring when the comedies are displaced and not funny.
    3. Being Subtle for the purpose of ensuring thinly plotted comedic tone movies are sometimes bad
    4. What I know is many of the things deadpool says and how he fights are not present in MCU movies.

1. Nice attempt to ignore how X-Men and Avengers handle adopted evil siblings.
    2. Action-Comedies are the building blocks of every marvel movie. nothing wrong with that but its get jarring when the comedies are displaced and not funny.
    3. Being Subtle for the purpose of ensuring thinly plotted comedic tone movies are sometimes bad
    4. What I know is many of the things deadpool says and how he fights are not present in MCU movies.
    If you think Deadpool is a good example of dark comedy, you really don't know what a dark comedy is. And you know why Deadpool things aren't present in MCU movies? BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT DEADPOOL. Again, do you want to see Spider-Man swearing, having crazy sex and killing people left and right?

Oh, X-Men movies handling of Mystique. Retconning into being Xavier's sister, then joins Magneto, wants to kill Trask, doesn't kill him, now she's the greatest mutant ever. And you haven't seen Thor and Thor: TDW, have you? Thor/Loki relationship is way better than Xavier/Mystique ever was.

When you reach the point where people are just throwing their personal opinions at each other because they think their own is the superior one, it's time to call it. This thread has served its purpose (if it ever had one).

"Why do some people think Marvel Studios can do no wrong?" Because people are allowed to think whatever they want. The end.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)