Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    So? That automatically makes them perfect?
    You're like the only person on this board who even remotely suggests that the MCU films perfect or are seen as perfect. Stop it, it is dishonest.

I know the difference between reused plots and tropes. The mcu does both. How many movies use the infinity stone macguffins?
    Enlighten us. How do you do an Infinity Gem saga without Infinity Gems in it?

How many have a evil rich white guy who's an evil version of the hero? How many weird face power hungry pychos are there?
    Way more of those in the comics than in the MCU.

Like what separates Killian from Cross or Ronan from Red Skull?
    What seperates Zod from Magneto or the Green Goblin or Shiwan Khan or ? What seperates William Stryker from Ra's Al Ghul or Lex Luthor (all versions) or Norman Osborn or Deacon Frost or Rasputin or Adrian Veidt?

Explain how they don't reuse plots
    All superhero fiction in any medium reuses plots from the golden and silver age. You think this Nazi Captain America story that has got half the Marvel fandom's knickers in a twist hasn't been done two times before in the silver age?

BANNED

Like I said there are only 2 moves that are rated six out of ten and that's First Avenger (6.9) and Incredible Hulk(6.8) the rest are high sevens and at best even eight. Even the worst mcu movie by fans is still higher than BvS(6.7), Suicide Squad(6.5), Spiderman 3(6.2) and Amazing Spider-Man 2(6.7) so again no one considers them the as necessarily bad

I'm fine with people liking the mcu I do too but a lot of people seem to just ignore problems. I like DCEU but I'll admit there are plenty issues. I like X Men movies but I admit flaws in them. I just don't see why everyone thinks MCU is this untouchable thing
    Like I said no one is saying they are perfect despite your claim otherwise. Also you seem to ignore that those are the average scores, meaning someone did vote them lower and higher. People in general found them above average but not everyone did so.

Noone, well maybe some, are ignoring the problems. Plenty of people here on this board, cristics in general and even on those sites you mentioned have mentioned problems. You just keep on ignoring them for some reason. Either because of trolling or just because you want to keep on complaining about a problem that actually do not exist.

Probably because they have had major financial success and have a successful formula. It's a simple formula and can get repetitive but it works with the average moviegoer. Not everyone loves Marvel. There are people I know who don't care for the films. I personally don't think all their films are good, but their good ones definitely are.

Mighty Member

...Well, after 20 pages I feel like every argument that could be made has already, so here's my thought:

I don't know if anyone is claiming that every marvel is great. We know there are some stinkers like TDW and IM2...But even their worst movies are just kind of bland. They have never made a flat out bad, critically reviled, generally disliked movie. Hell, IM2 is my least favorite marvel movie, but at the end of the day, if it's on, I'll watch it not say myself. That's not something that I can say for Fant4stic, wolverine origins, the x-men movies with the exception of x1, x2, first class and days of future past, amazing spiderman 2, BvS, or Suicide Squad.

THATS the real magic at marvel. Its not that they always make great movies; it's that they never make BAD movies. And if you think, personally that some of marvel's movies are on the same caliber as the examples I mentioned, that's fine, but we're talking about movies where the general audience matters. Based on the box office results and scores, the general audience has spoken. Even Marvel's worst is just ok, which after over a dozen films is pretty damn impressive.

BANNED

I see so many people act like the mcu is total perfection and can never do anything wrong but I just disagree. Most odd their movies are honestly kinda mediocre. They're just average, fine whatever. Nothing unique about then save for their gimmick but not totally trash. Like I personally think Avengers is okay. I didn't really care much for a lot of the characters, the plot is painfully thin and drama pretty dull but still had great action and cast with solid acting from everyone. It wasn't pretentious and didn't try to be something it wasn't which I also appreciate. Yet I see so many people claim they make some of the best superhero movies

It annoys me ever more when people claim they're comic accurate. Like they've made a ton of major changes Leo with the guardians and ant man. I roll my eyes whenever people whine about the X Men movies changing too much yet are fine with everything marvel has done because marvel can do no wrong
    That's called being a fanatic.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Like I said there are only 2 moves that are rated six out of ten and that's First Avenger (6.9) and Incredible Hulk(6.8) the rest are high sevens and at best even eight. Even the worst mcu movie by fans is still higher than BvS(6.7), Suicide Squad(6.5), Spiderman 3(6.2) and Amazing Spider-Man 2(6.7) so again no one considers them the as necessarily bad

I'm fine with people liking the mcu I do too but a lot of people seem to just ignore problems. I like DCEU but I'll admit there are plenty issues. I like X Men movies but I admit flaws in them. I just don't see why everyone thinks MCU is this untouchable thing
    It's like everything that is being said here is just going over your head or you're just ignoring them to keep arguing your point. NO ONE THINKS THE MCU IS PERFECT. Or at least not here, and certainly not the examples you gave. Neither are the critics that give them good reviews or fans that praise them. What's funny is that you keep mentioning critic scores but none of those are even s perfect 10/100%/five star rating, so you're just defeating your own point. Saying that the MCU movies never fail (because they have not) is not saying they are perfect or untouchable. The MCU movies being successful doesn't mean people think they're perfect or untouchable: It means they are LIKED widely by audiences. It's that simple, and I don't know why that bothers you so much. Everyone here has pointed that there are at least two to four mediocre/bad MCU movies (IM2, IH, TDW, IM3). Everyone here has pointed out they have a villain problem. Everyone here has pointed out that they aren't the most comic book accurate. People time and time again have pointed out the flaws in their movies so literally no one except for fanatics think the MCU is perfect. That is not the same thing as being received well by critics, liked by fans and doing well at the box office. They serve their purpose as movies and that is why they do well.

If you still can't grasp this simple concept or choose not to, you're obviously a troll.

Astonishing Member

Even from the title, I can tell the premise of this thread is flawed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    ...Well, after 20 pages I feel like every argument that could be made has already, so here's my thought:

I don't know if anyone is claiming that every marvel is great. We know there are some stinkers like TDW and IM2...But even their worst movies are just kind of bland. They have never made a flat out bad, critically reviled, generally disliked movie. Hell, IM2 is my least favorite marvel movie, but at the end of the day, if it's on, I'll watch it not say myself. That's not something that I can say for Fant4stic, wolverine origins, the x-men movies with the exception of x1, x2, first class and days of future past, amazing spiderman 2, BvS, or Suicide Squad.

THATS the real magic at marvel. Its not that they always make great movies; it's that they never make BAD movies. And if you think, personally that some of marvel's movies are on the same caliber as the examples I mentioned, that's fine, but we're talking about movies where the general audience matters. Based on the box office results and scores, the general audience has spoken. Even Marvel's worst is just ok, which after over a dozen films is pretty damn impressive.
    So from what I gather Marvel is not perfect... They just never make a bad movie ever

People will blindly praise anything with Marvel on simply because Marvel can do no wrong. Iron Man 2 is bad movie worse than BvS and ASM2 because it didn't try. Feige is beyond overrated it is obnoxious. Marvel fans are hypocrites want examples

-X Men continuity is screwed up
    and Marvel's isn't? Do you know how many retcons they had to pull? Hell the time line is getting more unweildly with each movie and SM:H screwed up so much with the time line. It says it takes place 8 years after Avengers so is it 2020 or was Avengers 2009? Or why it took so long for Stark to move from Avengers Tower to the new HQ. So either they are just so slow or Ant Man, Civil War, and Doctor Strange happened in under a few months. Or the sheer amount of inconsistent powers that make the comics themselves look consistent. Spidey is able to take on both Falcon and Winter Soldier on his own but can't take down Toomes or how Iron Man Mark III could take a tank shot but the Mark 46 can't take a hit from Captain America or hell at the beginning of CW Cap couldn't take down Crossbones a normal guy but held his own against Iron Man. Need I go on?

-ASM2/BvS/Apocalypse had too much set up
    Um most Marvel movies are dedicated solely for set up. Iron Man 2 was just one big commercial for Avengers that make the movies I listed look subtle by comparison

-Peter wasn't nerdy enough in ASM
    what was so nerdy about him in SM:H? Besides being on the academic team that exists solely for him to track down Toomes what is nerdy about him? At least ASM kept his love for photography

-Sony/Fox/WB changed too much
    Marvel has made more changes than all three but they get a pass. Hell some of them are for strict business reason like Mandarin or Ancient One. They were changed solely to pander to china. I wouldn't care so much if it was just casting but it is pretty much common knowledge it was fr china

Know why Marvel never fails? They make movies for the lowest of the lowest common denominator. The most every of every man. Don't take this as this 100 million dollar movies needs to be like an indie art house film but mix it up a bit. They are out right generic. Any jokes from any of these movies could be squeezed into any PG13 comedy and no one would notice. Like what was unique about Guardians humor exactly? It was no different from not just MCU humor but any PG13 humor and was so childish and stupid

People even praise Feige for interfering with these movies. Find me one person who criticizes Kevin Feige for anything. Did people get mad at him for Iron Man 2 and how Faveru and Rorke have stated Marvel screwed them over? Did anyone rage at Feige when Edgar Wright left for creative differences then proceeded to hire Peyton Reed the director of so many generic comedies and hire the writers of a bunch of generic Will Ferrell comedies? Wright even said they didn't want a Wright movie. Did anyone care when he was fine with changing Mandarin and Ancient One? Did anyone care about all the changes to Guardians or how he hires the 2 time razzie winner to direct it? NO. They either blame some other guy or outright praise him for. Hell Spiderman has so many unnecessary changes but no one cares because Feige can do no wrong

Also want to talk about audience reception and finical profit? None of the X Men movies (no Wolverine doesn't count), Sony Spiderman(besides 3 which is fresh on the critic meter) or DCEU movies audience meters have gotten rotten and all their movies have made hundreds. With DC their movies made more than the first 4 MCU movies. Hell SS probably would've made more than Guardians if it was released in China

And again stop using the it is suppose to be that way excuse. Just because it is 'fun' doesn't make it good. Again what makes Iron Man 2 or TDW better than Transformers which I could use the same excuse for? I could easily explain why TDW, Ant Man, TFA, and Iron Man 2 aren't just bland but out right bad movies but because it's Marvel you'll just praise them. Take away the it's fun EXCUSE and tell me how good these shit movies are. Give me five reasons why Guardians is better than Suicide Squad with using it's fun

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's like everything that is being said here is just going over your head or you're just ignoring them to keep arguing your point. NO ONE THINKS THE MCU IS PERFECT. Or at least not here, and certainly not the examples you gave. Neither are the critics that give them good reviews or fans that praise them. What's funny is that you keep mentioning critic scores but none of those are even s perfect 10/100%/five star rating, so you're just defeating your own point. Saying that the MCU movies never fail (because they have not) is not saying they are perfect or untouchable. The MCU movies being successful doesn't mean people think they're perfect or untouchable: It means they are LIKED widely by audiences. It's that simple, and I don't know why that bothers you so much. Everyone here has pointed that there are at least two to four mediocre/bad MCU movies (IM2, IH, TDW, IM3). Everyone here has pointed out they have a villain problem. Everyone here has pointed out that they aren't the most comic book accurate. People time and time again have pointed out the flaws in their movies so literally no one except for fanatics think the MCU is perfect. That is not the same thing as being received well by critics, liked by fans and doing well at the box office. They serve their purpose as movies and that is why they do well.

If you still can't grasp this simple concept or choose not to, you're obviously a troll.
    why do you still respond? Again how is there are no outright bad movies and they are all fun NOT perfect?? If so why do people still praise them to the heavens? If the mcu is just mediocre why are they so successful in everything?

I bet if Kevin Feige announced Venom and Black and Silver without Spiderman people would praise him to the skies. Hell I've seen people on reddit out right say that because again Feige can do no wrong

BANNED

So from what I gather Marvel is not perfect... They just never make a bad movie ever

People will blindly praise anything with Marvel on simply because Marvel can do no wrong. Iron Man 2 is bad movie worse than BvS and ASM2 because it didn't try. Feige is beyond overrated it is obnoxious. Marvel fans are hypocrites want examples

-X Men continuity is screwed up
    and Marvel's isn't? Do you know how many retcons they had to pull? Hell the time line is getting more unweildly with each movie and SM:H screwed up so much with the time line. It says it takes place 8 years after Avengers so is it 2020 or was Avengers 2009? Or why it took so long for Stark to move from Avengers Tower to the new HQ. So either they are just so slow or Ant Man, Civil War, and Doctor Strange happened in under a few months. Or the sheer amount of inconsistent powers that make the comics themselves look consistent. Spidey is able to take on both Falcon and Winter Soldier on his own but can't take down Toomes or how Iron Man Mark III could take a tank shot but the Mark 46 can't take a hit from Captain America or hell at the beginning of CW Cap couldn't take down Crossbones a normal guy but held his own against Iron Man. Need I go on?

Um most Marvel movies are dedicated solely for set up. Iron Man 2 was just one big commercial for Avengers that make the movies I listed look subtle by comparison

-Peter wasn't nerdy enough in ASM
    what was so nerdy about him in SM:H? Besides being on the academic team that exists solely for him to track down Toomes what is nerdy about him? At least ASM kept his love for photography

Marvel has made more changes than all three but they get a pass. Hell some of them are for strict business reason like Mandarin or Ancient One. They were changed solely to pander to china. I wouldn't care so much if it was just casting but it is pretty much common knowledge it was fr china

Know why Marvel never fails? They make movies for the lowest of the lowest common denominator. The most every of every man. Don't take this as this 100 million dollar movies needs to be like an indie art house film but mix it up a bit. They are out right generic. Any jokes from any of these movies could be squeezed into any PG13 comedy and no one would notice. Like what was unique about Guardians humor exactly? It was no different from not just MCU humor but any PG13 humor and was so childish and stupid

People even praise Feige for interfering with these movies. Find me one person who criticizes Kevin Feige for anything. Did people get mad at him for Iron Man 2 and how Faveru and Rorke have stated Marvel screwed them over? Did anyone rage at Feige when Edgar Wright left for creative differences then proceeded to hire Peyton Reed the director of so many generic comedies and hire the writers of a bunch of generic Will Ferrell comedies? Wright even said they didn't want a Wright movie. Did anyone care when he was fine with changing Mandarin and Ancient One? Did anyone care about all the changes to Guardians or how he hires the 2 time razzie winner to direct it? NO. They either blame some other guy or outright praise him for. Hell Spiderman has so many unnecessary changes but no one cares because Feige can do no wrong

Also want to talk about audience reception and finical profit? None of the X Men movies (no Wolverine doesn't count), Sony Spiderman(besides 3 which is fresh on the critic meter) or DCEU movies audience meters have gotten rotten and all their movies have made hundreds. With DC their movies made more than the first 4 MCU movies. Hell SS probably would've made more than Guardians if it was released in China

And again stop using the it is suppose to be that way excuse. Just because it is 'fun' doesn't make it good. Again what makes Iron Man 2 or TDW better than Transformers which I could use the same excuse for? I could easily explain why TDW, Ant Man, TFA, and Iron Man 2 aren't just bland but out right bad movies but because it's Marvel you'll just praise them. Take away the it's fun EXCUSE and tell me how good these shit movies are. Give me five reasons why Guardians is better than Suicide Squad with using it's fun
    Is this Selina back from the land of the Banned?

Maybe because, though not perfect, their movies are pretty faithful to the source material.

BANNED

Dboi2001:
    Iron Man 2 is bad movie worse than BvS and ASM2 because it didn't try. Feige is beyond overrated it is obnoxious.
    Iron Man 2 has better ratings (imdb for example). You are in minority.
    i didn't watch ASM2 and BvS but Apo... People usually talked that this movie was disjointed and that's why people like this movie less.

yes MCU is changing Z listers and villains. Fox is changing main heroes (A tie) into background characters. Obviously more people is unhappy with Fox.

Know why Marvel never fails? They make movies for the lowest of the lowest common denominator.
    like other companies.
    eople even praise Feige for interfering with these movies. Find me one person who criticizes Kevin Feige for anything. Did people get mad at him for Iron Man 2 and how Faveru and Rorke have stated Marvel screwed them over?
    MCU is learning from their mistakes
    Fox... Apo was created after Last Stand ...
    Faveru? Rorke? What about Halle Berry or Anna Paquin? - difference rorke was playing some not important villain. Halle Berry and Anna played iconic X-women.
    Feige can do no wrong
    he made some mistakes. only You think that he is perfect.
    Just because it is 'fun' doesn't make it good.
    true
    Give me five reasons why Guardians is better than Suicide Squad with using it's fun
    this movie is more logical, was first, this movie is not disjointed, has better music and better fight scenes and was better with balancing time for chaarcters.

And well maybe no one actually and literally said that, but people like the above say that the MCU's treatment of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne is not comparable to FOX's treatment of Jean Grey and Scott Summers, because the former are a couple of insignificant nobodies; so that makes the MCU automatically miles better than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Maybe because, though not perfect, their movies are pretty faithful to the source material.
    Sure, because Black Widow and Hawkeye are totally founding members of the Avengers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Dboi2001:

Iron Man 2 has better ratings (imdb for example). You are in minority.
    So what it gets better ratings that doesn't make it good

i didn't watch ASM2 and BvS but Apo... People usually talked that this movie was disjointed and that's why people like this movie less.
    And Iron Man 2, Thor, Ant Man, Iron Man 3, AoU or hell even CW at times wasn't disjointed?

yes MCU is changing Z listers and villains. Fox is changing main heroes (A tie) into background characters. Obviously more people is unhappy with Fox.
    So what people praise Marvel for caring about their characters yet use the they aren't popular excuse. This shows how little they know or care about them

like other companies.
    So what makes Marvel Studios better than say SONY

MCU is learning from their mistakes
    Fox... Apo was created after Last Stand ...
    Faveru? Rorke? What about Halle Berry or Anna Paquin? - difference rorke was playing some not important villain. Halle Berry and Anna played iconic X-women.
    No they aren't. They still have terrible villains, same generic humor and of course set up

he made some mistakes. only You think that he is perfect.
    Then find me one person who criticized him

this movie is more logical, was first, this movie is not disjointed, has better music and better fight scenes and was better with balancing time for chaarcters.
    HAHAHA yeah okay

1. Logic is non existed in this
    2. It was beyond disjointed
    3. Subjective straw man
    4. No
    5. If by balance them you mean give one of them a proper origin and everyone else into bland cardboard cutouts then yeah

Incredible Member

So OP now that you got your rant over with, you feel better now?