Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The Avengers weren't actually under government surveillance. They took the Quinjet in Avengers without permission/orders In fact, at the end of the film, the World Security Council (and Maria Hill) bring up the fact that the Avengers are out there on there own.
    okay but still nothing changes after Shield is destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    I see so many people act like the mcu is total perfection and can never do anything wrong but I just disagree. Most odd their movies are honestly kinda mediocre. They're just average, fine whatever. Nothing unique about then save for their gimmick but not totally trash. Like I personally think Avengers is okay. I didn't really care much for a lot of the characters, the plot is painfully thin and drama pretty dull but still had great action and cast with solid acting from everyone. It wasn't pretentious and didn't try to be something it wasn't which I also appreciate. Yet I see so many people claim they make some of the best superhero movies

It annoys me ever more when people claim they're comic accurate. Like they've made a ton of major changes Leo with the guardians and ant man. I roll my eyes whenever people whine about the X Men movies changing too much yet are fine with everything marvel has done because marvel can do no wrong
    Funnily enough, I rather like the fact that they are not 'comic accurate'. I would rather they do something different with the source material, explore stories and characters in new ways, rather then being a 'panel-to-film' copy. Not saying it always ends up being perfect (Black Widow in Age of Ultron, for example) but it can work. For example, I think the film Civil War is much better then the book, thanks largely to simplifying the conflict and cast.

okay but still nothing changes after Shield is destroyed
    "Nothing" like what? AoS shows us the ramifications of the Hydra infiltration.

Do you mean for the Avengers? Why would anything change for them? They didn't work for Shield.

I would also add that we will likely see what the fall-out from CW was in both Black Panther, Ant Man & Wasp and Infinity War. We know from that all of Cap's crew are on the run now so that's a pretty big change.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Michael Bay effect.

Their movies make money so that means the movies are fine.

People defend The Force Awakens even though it's a remake of Ep4 because, "it's not the prequels!" and it made money so that means it's fine.
    It's more that peeps were mad (understating it some here) at the prequels and even if TFA is a remake of Episode 4 at least its a remake of a movie they liked so that is a BIG plus (and more than any of the prequels managed to do).

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

"Nothing" like what? AoS shows us the ramifications of the Hydra infiltration.

Do you mean for the Avengers? Why would anything change for them? They didn't work for Shield.
    Cap, BW, and Hawkeye did work for SHIELD.

Also, they Avengers collaborating with them gave the team credence to international operations. Without SHIELD, the Avengers doing covert operations around the world is a problem of national security.

It's one thing for comics, but when you try to make it realistic, in live action film, it's another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's more that peeps were mad (understating it some here) at the prequels and even if TFA is a remake of Episode 4 at least its a remake of a movie they liked so that is a BIG plus (and more than any of the prequels managed to do).
    The sad thing is that the story concepts of the prequel trilogy were better than the OG movies, however they had a horrible director. Thus, now things can't change too much because look at what happened before! That's why we got an uninspired TFA.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Cap, BW, and Hawkeye did work for SHIELD.

Also, they Avengers collaborating with them gave the team credence to international operations. Without SHIELD, the Avengers doing covert operations around the world is a problem of national security.

It's one thing for comics, but when you try to make it realistic, in live action film, it's another thing.
    And the fallout for them was that they no longer worked for them after WS. Not sure what else was expected?

The National Security issue was brought up in CW. That was another reason for the Accords.

And the fallout for them was that they no longer worked for them after WS. Not sure what else was expected?

The National Security issue was brought up in CW. That was another reason for the Accords.
    You know damn well that that issue was sidelined less than halfway into the movie, nor was it made to be that serious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    You know damn well that that issue was sidelined less than halfway into the movie, nor was it made to be that serious at all.
    The issue wasn't "sidelined." It was resolved via the Accords, which then became the focus.

Incredible Member

The issue wasn't "sidelined." It was resolved via the Accords, which then became the focus.
    No they were sidelined. Like they never mention them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Funnily enough, I rather like the fact that they are not 'comic accurate'. I would rather they do something different with the source material, explore stories and characters in new ways, rather then being a 'panel-to-film' copy. Not saying it always ends up being perfect (Black Widow in Age of Ultron, for example) but it can work. For example, I think the film Civil War is much better then the book, thanks largely to simplifying the conflict and cast.
    Never said they have to be copy and paste but a lot of people be included think there should be some semblance from the source material because people want to see these character come to life. Like I've seen people claim that no matter how good a movie Batman is if he kills he's bad

Also the Civil War comic is better for the sole reason it was an actual civil war unlike the movie

Ultimate Member

Well, in more positive news Spider-man Homecoming is getting brilliant reviews.

Sony did the right thing partnering with Marvel.

The Amazing Spider-man series just showed how not to make a Spider-man movie.

No they were sidelined. Like they never mention them
    Dude, you don't have to be dishonest to make your point. The Accords were obviously mentioned and passed by the U.N. That resolves the issue of the Avengers acting without proper authority.

Incredible Member

Dude, you don't have to be dishonest to make your point. The Accords were obviously mentioned and passed by the U.N. That resolves the issue of the Avengers acting without proper authority.
    But what exactly about the accords changed the characters? Like Ross gave Stark 48 hours to find Cap and bring him in but he's able to go to Queens, find a kid and make or back in under 48 hours? No