Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    But what exactly about the accords changed the characters? Like Ross gave Stark 48 hours to find Cap and bring him in but he's able to go to Queens, find a kid and make or back in under 48 hours? No
    Now you're changing the argument. Initially, you and the other poster claimed it wasn't addressed at all (which is was.) Now you're arguing about how it should have changed the characters? Based on what, exactly? You keep moving the goal posts. Not that it matters since I addressed this earlier.

And your second "point" isn't even one worth going into, really. I mean, how long do you think it would take to get to Queens? Or flying to Berlin in a quinnjet?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Now you're changing the argument. Initially, you and the other poster claimed it wasn't addressed at all (which is was.) Now you're arguing about how it should have changed the characters? Based on what, exactly? You keep moving the goal posts. Not that it matters since I addressed this earlier.

And your second "point" isn't even one worth going into, really. I mean, how long do you think it would take to get to Queens? Or flying to Berlin in a quinnjet?
    okay look you are missing my point. After the bombing they never mention the accords again and also don't effect the way heroes operate. Also how do we know Stark took a quinjet? Hell we don't even know how fast they are

BANNED

Also the Civil War comic is better for the sole reason it was an actual civil war unlike the movie
    How was the comic an actual civil war instead of 30-ish people having a few brawls, with just the one (accidental) casualty?

okay look you are missing my point. After the bombing they never mention the accords again and also don't effect the way heroes operate. Also how do we know Stark took a quinjet? Hell we don't even know how fast they are
    No, I get your point. I'm saying it's irrelevant because the Accords issue had been resolved. It was passed. Why would they need to address something that had already been resolved?

As for the time issue, you're right. We don't know how fast the jets go. however, clearly they were fast enough to go to Queens and then Berlin in less than 48 hours. You can't say "No, that's impossible" and then turn around and say we don't know how fast the jets go. And we know he took a quinjet because that's what Cap and Bucky used to go after Zola. In fact, part of their plan was waiting for Falcon to locate the jet (remember that part?) Did you watch the movie?

It seems to me that your issue isn't so much with thinking the MCU can do no wrong and more about you missing things and ignoring others.

Also you're wrong in saying that the Accords weren't addressed after the explosion. Cap and Tony specifically talked about Cap signing them again after the chase scene. You really should watch the film before critiquing it.

Also you're wrong in saying that the Accords weren't addressed after the explosion. Cap and Tony specifically talked about Cap signing them again after the chase scene. You really should watch the film before critiquing it.
    Once the Avengers sided with Cap escaped that underwater jail; the movie became a fight between Tony and Steve because he never told him about Bucky being involved on his parents death.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Once the Avengers sided with Cap escaped that underwater jail; the movie became a fight between Tony and Steve because he never told him about Bucky being involved on his parents death.
    You mean the very end of the film? Ok...that doesn't at all refute what I've been saying. So, what's your point, exactly?

You mean the very end of the film? Ok...that doesn't at all refute what I've been saying. So, what's your point, exactly?
    The Accords didn't go away. That was the central point of disagreement between the two sides. The Bucky Barnes situation was how it boiled over; follow the code or not? The central question was if superheroes should be governed or self-policing and the entire movie explores that through Barnes and Cap and Iron Man approach it.

Also, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has dealt with the aftereffects of the Accords being passed, so the MCU hasn't forgotten it.

Incredible Member

No, I get your point. I'm saying it's irrelevant because the Accords issue had been resolved. It was passed. Why would they need to address something that had already been resolved?

As for the time issue, you're right. We don't know how fast the jets go. however, clearly they were fast enough to go to Queens and then Berlin in less than 48 hours. You can't say "No, that's impossible" and then turn around and say we don't know how fast the jets go. And we know he took a quinjet because that's what Cap and Bucky used to go after Zola. In fact, part of their plan was waiting for Falcon to locate the jet (remember that part?) Did you watch the movie?

It seems to me that your issue isn't so much with thinking the MCU can do no wrong and more about you missing things and ignoring others.
    Again they didn't effect anything with the characters. They still operated the same

If you have to ASSUME what a character dod to continue the plot then you have a huge issue. Also shouldn't Falcon be a little suspicious that the Quijet isn't guarded?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Accords didn't go away. That was the central point of disagreement between the two sides. The Bucky Barnes situation was how it boiled over; follow the code or not? The central question was if superheroes should be governed or self-policing and the entire movie explores that through Barnes and Cap and Iron Man approach it.

Also, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has dealt with the aftereffects of the Accords being passed, so the MCU hasn't forgotten it.
    Yes they did also tv doesn't count. After the bombing they forgot about them and became about Bucky. Team Cap didn't try to act not stealthy and Team Iron Man didn't try to minimize collateral damage. Again what effects the characters because of the accords? Hell Stark brought an unregistered vigilante to the battle despite being for superhero registration. I get sometimes Stark is a hypocrite but considered he acted like a white knight for it he just looks like a douche

Incredible Member

Hell team cap still wore their costumes in broad daylight

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Well, in more positive news Spider-man Homecoming is getting brilliant reviews.

Sony did the right thing partnering with Marvel.

The Amazing Spider-man series just showed how not to make a Spider-man movie.
    Of course it did because it's Marvel and they could do anything because Marvel can do no wrong

Amazing Spider-Man was still better I've seen it. Just another mcu movie experience. It is good but nothing great

Again they didn't effect anything with the characters. They still operated the same

If you have to ASSUME what a character dod to continue the plot then you have a huge issue. Also shouldn't Falcon be a little suspicious that the Quijet isn't guarded?
    How are they "operating the same" when Cap's entire crew are now fugitives? That IS a change in how they operate.

Why would Falcon be suspicious of that? Tony thought he had disabled their escape and didn't thin Cap's side had a chance at winning. This is nitpicking at its finest lol

It's pretty clear, at this point, you just want to complain to complain. Have fun with that.

BANNED

Yes they did also tv doesn't count. After the bombing they forgot about them and became about Bucky. Team Cap didn't try to act not stealthy and Team Iron Man didn't try to minimize collateral damage. Again what effects the characters because of the accords? Hell Stark brought an unregistered vigilante to the battle despite being for superhero registration.
    Aah, you do not understand even slightly what it is the Accords are supposed to do.

They are not about restricting how superheroes behave themselves in the field. They are about if superheroes get to be in the field at all.

If Stark hadn't gotten permission to bring in Cap, there wouldn't even have been a fight because only one side would have showed up.

They're not about making superheroes restrict the level of force they use in an encounter, they are about having some oversight as to whether the superheroes' presence is at all even required or wanted.

Also, how do you know Spider-Man didn't sign the Accords?