Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I'm trying to figure out why he thinks they should have continued to Address the Accords when they were already signed? What more was there to say on the subject?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why he thinks they should have continued to Address the Accords when they were already signed? What more was there to say on the subject?
    Because that's what the movie is about. Even then again they don't change the heroes at all

Incredible Member

How are they "operating the same" when Cap's entire crew are now fugitives? That IS a change in how they operate.

Why would Falcon be suspicious of that? Tony thought he had disabled their escape and didn't thin Cap's side had a chance at winning. This is nitpicking at its finest lol
    Because everything they do is the same. No one was suspicious or anything. This isn't nitpicking it's a plot hope

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Aah, you do not understand even slightly what it is the Accords are supposed to do.

They are not about restricting how superheroes behave themselves in the field. They are about if superheroes get to be in the field at all.

If Stark hadn't gotten permission to bring in Cap, there wouldn't even have been a fight because only one side would have showed up.

They're not about making superheroes restrict the level of force they use in an encounter, they are about having some oversight as to whether the superheroes' presence is at all even required or wanted.

Also, how do you know Spider-Man didn't sign the Accords?
    If they're about of there should be superheroes then why do they still let them out? No the accords are meant to restrict the heroes to minimize damage and casualties. If not what's the point of them? It's like saying yeah you can only do this thing because you screwed up a bunch of other times but you'll get no punishment of you screw up again

You serious? Peter wasn't in Germany, most people only know him from YouTube and if he did he wouldn't have a secret identity any more. You're defending the undefendable. I liked Civil War but this is a huge issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Because that's what the movie is about. Even then again they don't change the heroes at all
    Ok, you are CLEARLY missing the point. That's NOT what the movie is about, obviously. That's part of the story but there's more to it. You're harping on this one point for no reason. It's been explained to you multiple times now.

Because everything they do is the same. No one was suspicious or anything. This isn't nitpicking it's a plot hope
    No, it isn't. Again, they had no reason to be suspicious. All of Tony's team was accounted for. You saying they should have been isn't a plot hole. That's not how that works.

If they're about of there should be superheroes then why do they still let them out? No the accords are meant to restrict the heroes to minimize damage and casualties. If not what's the point of them? It's like saying yeah you can only do this thing because you screwed up a bunch of other times but you'll get no punishment of you screw up again

You serious? Peter wasn't in Germany, most people only know him from YouTube and if he did he wouldn't have a secret identity any more. You're defending the undefendable. I liked Civil War but this is a huge issue
    The Accords was about supervision and accountability. They were in Germany on Ross' orders and Peter was being supervised by Tony. That's in complete accordance with the U.N.'s wishes.

Incredible Member

The Accords was about supervision and accountability. They were in Germany on Ross' orders and Peter was being supervised by Tony. That's in complete accordance with the U.N.'s wishes.
    No he brought in an unregistered vigilante. I doubt Ross even knows about

The accords are meant to keep the Avengers in check you really think that wouldn't include minimizing destruction?

No he brought in an unregistered vigilante. I doubt Ross even knows about

The accords are meant to keep the Avengers in check you really think that wouldn't include minimizing destruction?
    Ross probably doesn't know about Peter. However, Tony was only going along with the Accords to appease his conscience and the U.N. He also showed he'd have no problem going off and doing his on thing when it came down to it, which is perfectly in character. And, again, Peter was under his supervision so, to his mind, it was a desperate move but ok.

They are hoping to minimize destruction by having control over the Avengers, yes. That doesn't mean eliminating ANY/ALL collateral damage. It means that, when damage does occur, the Avengers now have someone to answer to, just like any other large peace keeping force.

BANNED

Seriously, have you actually even seen this movie? Or did you just read the comic?
    The movie isn't even about the damn Accords. It's about Cap and Bucky and Stark.

Spectacular Member

I see so many people act like the mcu is total perfection and can never do anything wrong but I just disagree. Most odd their movies are honestly kinda mediocre. They're just average, fine whatever. Nothing unique about then save for their gimmick but not totally trash. Like I personally think Avengers is okay. I didn't really care much for a lot of the characters, the plot is painfully thin and drama pretty dull but still had great action and cast with solid acting from everyone. It wasn't pretentious and didn't try to be something it wasn't which I also appreciate. Yet I see so many people claim they make some of the best superhero movies

It annoys me ever more when people claim they're comic accurate. Like they've made a ton of major changes Leo with the guardians and ant man. I roll my eyes whenever people whine about the X Men movies changing too much yet are fine with everything marvel has done because marvel can do no wrong
    You opened the thread with a post that included a statement "People think MCU can do no wrong" that NO ONE has EVER uttered (except you) then launch into a lengthy discourse about all the things you dislike about the movies. Look the world is really quite simple, if you don't like the MCU movie plan then quit buying tickets to go see them, it's just that easy. Personally I'm just happy to live long enough to see my childhood comic finally get big budget treatments on the silver screen, after all if not for hollywood comics would have died out over a decade ago.

People constantly vent and complain about the creative decisions that others make while ignoring the fact that they themselves had EXACTLY the same oppurtunities to become an artist/screenwriter/producer/director ect as the people who actually became those things but chose a different path instead. Seriously folks if you are unhappy with the product in a certain field, be it art, movies, music, novels ect and think you could do better then pursue it and perhaps make a difference. It's akin to nonvoters having the audacity to debate politics with voters. Putting the soapbox back in the closet now.
    Last edited by roni190; 06-30-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    You opened the thread with a post that included a statement "People think MCU can do no wrong" that NO ONE has EVER uttered (except you) then launch into a lengthy discourse about all the things you dislike about the movies. Look the world is really quite simple, if you don't like the MCU movie plan then quit buying tickets to go see them, it's just that easy. Personally I'm just happy to live long enough to see my childhood comic finally get big budget treatments on the silver screen, after all if not for hollywood comics would have died out over a decade ago.

People constantly vent and complain about the creative decisions that others make while ignoring the fact that they themselves had EXACTLY the same oppurtunities to become an artist/screenwriter/producer/director ect as the people who actually became those things but chose a different path instead. Seriously folks if you are unhappy with the product in a certain field, be it art, movies, music, novels ect and think you could do better then pursue it and perhaps make a difference. It's akin to nonvoters having the audacity to debate politics with voters. Putting the soapbox back in the closet now.
    Are we counting the X-board or not ?.

In every fandom there are people who are overzealous in their love for it. So they tend to be the ones who say it can do wrong. Other fans still might love it but they can admit that there were misteps.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Are we counting the X-board or not ?.
    No one on X-Boards say that MCU can do no wrong. They(me included) just say that MCU is still miles better than Fox-Men.

And have you seen posts saying that The Last Stand and Origins are better than anything MCU? Because that actually happens.

I see so many people act like the mcu is total perfection and can never do anything wrong but I just disagree. Most odd their movies are honestly kinda mediocre. They're just average, fine whatever. Nothing unique about then save for their gimmick but not totally trash. Like I personally think Avengers is okay. I didn't really care much for a lot of the characters, the plot is painfully thin and drama pretty dull but still had great action and cast with solid acting from everyone. It wasn't pretentious and didn't try to be something it wasn't which I also appreciate. Yet I see so many people claim they make some of the best superhero movies
    Have you considered the possibility that you are basically answering your own question? I mean, I don't know how many fans literally have said that the MCU is "total perfection," but I know a lot of people enjoy watching those films. (Heck, I usually enjoy them myself.) So isn't it possible that for some fans of both the comics and the movies, it goes like this?

1. The fan goes to see the first Avengers movie (for instance).

2. The fan notices that there isn't much in the way of "serious character development" taking place between the first five minutes and the last five minutes. (Captain America, for instance, is exactly the same guy at the end that he was at the beginning, and we haven't learned anything new and exciting about what makes him tick.)

3. The fan notices that the plot is pretty simple. Loki arrives. Loki hypnotizes people and causes lots of trouble. The heroes have to fight him and his minions. Then Loki's backers, the Chitauri, arrive, and the heroes have to stop them too. Game over!

4. The fan notices that the action scenes give him that same thrill as when he sees superpowered entities in colorful suits using their weapons and powers on each other in some of his favorite old comic books.

5. The fan notices that there's nothing pretentious about the movie.

6. The fan notices that the key actors all look great in their roles! (Scarlett as Black Widow, for instance.)

7. After the movie is over, the fan says, "Much better than I expected! All of the above items add up to make this one of the Best Superhero Movies in the history of cinema! It gave me exactly what I was hoping for -- no more and no less!"
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 07-01-2017 at 06:30 AM.