Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Because they are my favorite. Its all subjective no one can objectively say which is best and what standards to use to decided that.

But I will say Wb and Sony movies had more back room drama about interfering with the director's vision of the movie or not knowing what they were trying to make. Not to suggest some marvel movies haven't had that but insignificant compared to the competition. Others react more instead of just creating at their own pace and taking their time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And well maybe no one actually and literally said that, but people like the above say that the MCU's treatment of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne is not comparable to FOX's treatment of Jean Grey and Scott Summers, because the former are a couple of insignificant nobodies; so that makes the MCU automatically miles better than anything else.

Sure, because Black Widow and Hawkeye are totally founding members of the Avengers.
    Hank Pym and Janet or all X-men except Wolverine?
    hm...
    MCU is better

BANNED

Dboi2001 :
    So what it gets better ratings that doesn't make it good
    Your opinion doesn't make it good or bad.
    And Iron Man 2, Thor, Ant Man, Iron Man 3, AoU or hell even CW at times wasn't disjointed?
    compared to Apo or bvs? They weren't.
    So what people praise Marvel for caring about their characters yet use the they aren't popular excuse. This shows how little they know or care about them
    no.
    during the marvel movie characters have good/cool/personal moments unlike in fox movies. Fox characters often do nothing interesting like Rogue ot Cyclops.
    So what makes Marvel Studios better than say SONY
    overall quality of thier movies is better than sony.
    but sony was able to create some great movies.
    No they aren't. They still have terrible villains, same generic humor and of course set up
    yep they have terrible villains but who has better? only wb
    generic humor? and unique humor
    set up? set up is better than random changes between movies
    Then find me one person who criticized him
    http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1622...-probably-true
    But the MCU is not without its faults, and the most common criticism for the franchise is related to its villain problem.
    1. Logic is non existed in this
    compare why guardians were created and why suicide was created. guardians is more logical
    2. It was beyond disjointed
    ok but still less than ss, apo or bvs
    3. Subjective straw man
    ... what about your arguments?
    5. If by balance them you mean give one of them a proper origin and everyone else into bland cardboard cutouts then yeah
    maybe You didn't understand this movie?

Ultimate Member

This thread is based on a "troll" premise.

I don't think anyone said Marvel's movies are perfect or that the MCU can do no wrong.

People simply like what they do and some people don't like what they do. It's all differences of opinions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EgoManiac View Post
    Because they are my favorite. Its all subjective no one can objectively say which is best and what standards to use to decided that.

But I will say Wb and Sony movies had more back room drama about interfering with the director's vision of the movie or not knowing what they were trying to make. Not to suggest some marvel movies haven't had that but insignificant compared to the competition. Others react more instead of just creating at their own pace and taking their time.
    Bullshit Marvel takes over every film project. Name me the movies in the MCU that genuinely feel unique like if it weren't for the characters or actors and was just an original thing they'd stand out. People just overlook them because again most generic and safe 'fun' movies put out. I bet if you slapped Marvel Studios on any superhero movie people would praise it. Hell in SM:H the SJW bs is off the chart yet so many people outright PRAISE marvel for making racial changes for the sake of diversity because as we know NYC is only 1% whites 99% minorities and on top of that change everything about their characters and slap their name on them. Like Flash. I don't care he is indian but he is NOT a bully. He is tiny, scrawny and a nerd. And don't say this is more realistic because you know it isn't. Yet so many people outright praise this change. Don't even get me started on MJ. I mean imagine when they introduce Nightwing they make him a no nonsense 5'4" snarky black guy. I don't really care about race but this still proves my point. Hell I'd bet Sony was the one who pushed for it since most MCU movies to be blunt have mostly white cast while Sony clearly has an agenda especially after Ghostbusters flopped

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Dboi2001 :

Your opinion doesn't make it good or bad.
    Neither does a number in a website so never mention them again
    compared to Apo or bvs? They weren't.
    No movies like Ant Man are worse in every way
    no.
    during the marvel movie characters have good/cool/personal moments unlike in fox movies. Fox characters often do nothing interesting like Rogue ot Cyclops.
    [QUOTE=Xelossik;2935754]
    Rogue and Cyclops serve their purposes as decent side characters. X Men is an ensemble film you can't develop every single character and honestly I'd rather have 1 great character than a bunch of mediocer characters like Avengers or Guardians. Hell Guardians 2 puts Peter forefront and everyone else is side lined. A 'cool' moment is not a good character and again I could name a lot for the X Men. Personal moment? Are you shitting me? Cyclops losing Jean and telling Logan not all of us can heal as fast as you when he tells him to move on is not personal enough? Opening with Rogue putting her bf into a coma and being with Bobby or almost killing Logan not personal enough? What personal moment did Ant Man or Wanda or Drax have?
    overall quality of their movies is better than sony.
    but sony was able to create some great movies.
    How exactly? Spiderman 2 is better than any MCU movie to date
    yep they have terrible villains but who has better? only wb
    generic humor? and unique humor
    set up? set up is better than random changes between movies
    Remember any of the Spiderman villains? Magento?
    What unique humor?
    no it isn't as long as the individual story is good that is all that counts. I pay 20 dollars to see a full movie not just one episode in a tv series. Imagine if HBO did that with GoT that is the MCU
    http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1622...-probably-true
    But the MCU is not without its faults, and the most common criticism for the franchise is related to its villain problem.
    Name me other issues that people call them out. Hell people say Zemo and Ego even Kalicis were great villains. Again no one criticizes Kevin Feige himself
    compare why guardians were created and why suicide was created. guardians is more logical
    How so?
    ok but still less than ss, apo or bvs
    Nope. Far more disjointed and lacking in less plot. Literally bring ball to old man then save Xandar because plot
    maybe You didn't understand this movie?
    Yes clearly I am an idiot to not understand the 2 time razzie winner James Gunn who made such masterpieces like Super or Scooby Doo. Nah nah I don't 'get it'. Hmm sounds familiar to another group of fanboys MCU fanboys complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This thread is based on a "troll" premise.

I don't think anyone said Marvel's movies are perfect or that the MCU can do no wrong.

People simply like what they do and some people don't like what they do. It's all differences of opinions.
    in the end, while it is open to discuss, at the end of the day perfect or not the MCU is making bank and is generally well recieved by the public. The people who outright despise the MCU are probably in the minority.

There are many flaws and things that I generally don't like about the movies but they're nice popcorn flicks and people generally tend to enjoy them for the most part.
    Last edited by Troian; 07-12-2017 at 11:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Bullshit Marvel takes over every film project. Name me the movies in the MCU that genuinely feel unique like if it weren't for the characters or actors and was just an original thing they'd stand out. People just overlook them because again most generic and safe 'fun' movies put out. I bet if you slapped Marvel Studios on any superhero movie people would praise it. Hell in SM:H the SJW bs is off the chart yet so many people outright PRAISE marvel for making racial changes for the sake of diversity because as we know NYC is only 1% whites 99% minorities and on top of that change everything about their characters and slap their name on them. Like Flash. I don't care he is indian but he is NOT a bully. He is tiny, scrawny and a nerd. And don't say this is more realistic because you know it isn't. Yet so many people outright praise this change. Don't even get me started on MJ. I mean imagine when they introduce Nightwing they make him a no nonsense 5'4" snarky black guy. I don't really care about race but this still proves my point. Hell I'd bet Sony was the one who pushed for it since most MCU movies to be blunt have mostly white cast while Sony clearly has an agenda especially after Ghostbusters flopped
    Ah, showing our true colours, are we?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    in the end, while it is open to discuss...
    But discussion is not what Dboi is interested here. There is no willingness of exchanging ideas. Marvel must burn in hell and that's all there is to it.

Bullshit Marvel takes over every film project. Name me the movies in the MCU that genuinely feel unique like if it weren't for the characters or actors and was just an original thing they'd stand out.
    That honestly makes no sense; part of the reason people watch Marvel movies is because they feature Marvel characters. It's like complaining that a Western movie has cowboys. (In answer to your question, Winter Soldier)

People just overlook them because again most generic and safe 'fun' movies put out. I bet if you slapped Marvel Studios on any superhero movie people would praise it.
    Maybe? However, there is a difference between blindly thinking that all movies a specific company makes are good and generally enjoying a movie series even if one thinks that the installments aren't perfect. Case in point, I think that some of the MCU movies have flaws, however, I generally enjoy them overall, so I'd would be generally positive in a review of them.

BANNED

Bullshit Marvel takes over every film project. Name me the movies in the MCU that genuinely feel unique like if it weren't for the characters or actors and was just an original thing they'd stand out.
    Marvel's MCU movies have something Marvel comics used to have, and what fans of those old comics complain about to no end that thecomics no longer have this: a house style.

Mighty Member

Ok. So you're mad because spiderman changed the race of a couple of supporting characters. Yeah. I guess that makes Spiderman pretty shitty.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are things people have called opinions that are unique to them. Clearly, you don't like the Marvel movies, which is fine, but it's ok for other people to like these movies. We all recognize that these movies aren't high art, but they make us enjoy the characters within them and the plots typically are at least engaging enough to keep our attention long enough to see the hero(es) do something cool or have a cool art.

I don't see why you feel the need to wage a 1 man (woman?) war on Marvel movies just because you have a personal vendetta against them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post

I don't see why you feel the need to wage a 1 man (woman?) war on Marvel movies just because you have a personal vendetta against them.
    To be fair, If he does have a personal vendetta against Marvel movies then I do see why he feels the need to wage a 1 man war against them!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That honestly makes no sense; part of the reason people watch Marvel movies is because they feature Marvel characters. It's like complaining that a Western movie has cowboys. (In answer to your question, Winter Soldier)

Maybe? However, there is a difference between blindly thinking that all movies a specific company makes are good and generally enjoying a movie series even if one thinks that the installments aren't perfect. Case in point, I think that some of the MCU movies have flaws, however, I generally enjoy them overall, so I'd would be generally positive in a review of them.
    that isn't what I mean. When I say Marvel I mean Marvel Studios. With most superhero movies the directors have their own mark. X Men feels like a Bryan Singer movie, First Class feels like a Matthew Vaughn movie, MoS feels like a Zack Snyder movie none of the MCU movies have any identity outside of MCU movie. Like could you tell Ant Man is a Peyton Reed movie or SM:H is a John Watts movie?
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 07-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Ok. So you're mad because spiderman changed the race of a couple of supporting characters. Yeah. I guess that makes Spiderman pretty shitty.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are things people have called opinions that are unique to them. Clearly, you don't like the Marvel movies, which is fine, but it's ok for other people to like these movies. We all recognize that these movies aren't high art, but they make us enjoy the characters within them and the plots typically are at least engaging enough to keep our attention long enough to see the hero(es) do something cool or have a cool art.

because I like Marvel comics and like these characters but hate the mediocre movies that come out. Marvel has had some great movies but they've gotten so lazy recently. I want them to improve and make more WS or Iron Man's but as of now they just won't and will keep on pandering to the lowest common denominator who eat anything the push out

You're missing my point with race bending in Spiderman. It has little to do with their skin color but more on how they are depicted. Flash in the comics is a big hulking jock and star athlete. He doesn't HAVE to be white he could be black, latino, asian etc but in SM:H he is the opposite of everything Flash is in the comics. Same with MJ going from being a fun, supportive, caring girl next door to a snarky smart mouth 'too cool for school' chick. Hell I don't even care they made Liz black but again if this was purely a SONY movie people would rage about how SONY is pushing SJW agenda again in their Spiderman but because it is Marvel it is perfect