Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    My issue is that people will give marvel a pass for things other companies do

Example this one guy says the issue with Batman is we don't see his relationship with Robin or his downfall yet is fine with Stark losing it despite the fact we never see him with Howard or Maria or that Wanda seemed to completely forget her family is dead
    oh wow what interesting ideas that are never explored. Like seriously I kinda forgot about Sam having PTSD and losing his wing man I mean he doesn't seem hesitant on using his wings again

Vision claims the mind stone controls him more every day but we don't see anything of that

Also going off what Blind Wedjet thinks if we didn't see it it don't count
    Look man it's obvious you hate Marvel movies. Cool more power to you, but being willfully ignorant and picking and choosing arguments to die over only hurts your revolutionary cause to convert people to your way of thinking.

I can counter argue your points all day, but to me, I see absolutely no point, as I just don't care that you can't enjoy movies that I enjoy.

I gave DC a free pass as well, as I bought MoS, BvS and SS blu rays.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    In the X-board there is people saying that.
    Actually nobody's saying that.

Incredible Member

I don't hate Marvel and I like a lot of them

Spiderman 1+2, Blade trilogy, ASM, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Doctor Strange etc I just don't see why everyone acts like marvel studios is perfect

Honestly I just find most of their movies to be just average. They're fine action movies but nothing special. Yet so many people act like they're amazing

Buying blu rays is not giving a pass. I bought the blu ray for most marvel movies. What I mean is people ignore problems with marvel

I'm not ignorant I genuinely forgot all about Falcon's origin and didn't even realize he had PTSD nor am I picking and choosing you are projecting

Spiderman 1+2, Blade trilogy, ASM, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Doctor Strange etc I just don't see why everyone acts like marvel studios is perfect

Honestly I just find most of their movies to be just average. They're fine action movies but nothing special. Yet so many people act like they're amazing
    Because people are, and I know this might come as a shock to you given the vibe coming off of your posts on here, have different tastes?

There are plenty of things that I don't get why people like, yet completely understand that it just boils down to difference of opinion, and not having the same exposure. For example, I don't care at about Game of Thrones, I don't get what's so special about it. But a lot of people like it, and I just understand that it's just my thoughts and opinions towards it, and I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape over it.

Heck this doesn't even have to apply to media. I love eating pizza, I can go a whole day with just eating pizza for my meals. My coworker however can't stand pizza, can at best eat only one slice in a day, and I'm not gonna get all up in her face asking what is wrong with her. I get that she's from a different culture and background that promotes pizza as nothing more than a snack.

Maybe for some people, Marvel Studios and the MCU resonate with people in some way, touch them, speak to them, make them relate, see them as a release despite whatever accusations are thrown at them at how they can be average. Maybe what you consider average is masterful to others. So if you feel that way about the Marvel movies, then what right do I have to presume what you like and don't like? You keep liking what you liking, just don't presume that just because you don't like something doesn't mean that something is wrong with everybody else.

Mighty Member

It's the same as a sports team mentality.

Comic fans who have chosen the MCU as their 'team' will admit no wrongdoing in their movies, no matter how mediocre they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nobody thinks less of you for liking Snyder's movies. Honest. Lots of people liked them. You don't have to try and talk people into thinking that the Marvel movies they liked were actually bad, and you're never going to do it anyway.

But yes, we might be perfectly fine with a device in one movie when we don't think it works in another movie. That's because there are no rules except "do what works."
    Wow.

Yes. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post

Comic fans who have chosen the MCU as their 'team' will admit no wrongdoing in their movies, no matter how mediocre they may be.
    Quite true for other franchises as well.
    Superhero shows are trash

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Quite true for other franchises as well.
    Of course it is.

Oh I'm sorry why should you care about Batman or Superman? Batman because he's broken and at his lowest and has nothing left. Superman because even after dashing the world and choosing humanity over his own people. Sorry they aren't happy about being hated and losing loved ones

Why should I care about anyone not named Captain America or Iron Man? Ant Man is just a 'nice guy' who makes retarded decisions and forgets his family, Hawkeye has a family for two minutes before like Scott was forgotten, Wanda is an emo who lost her family and again forgotten, Vision is a robot who wants to be human, Falcon is the funny black side kick, War Machine is the funny black side kick, Bruce Banner is just a nice guy, and Thor is either a goof ball or exposition box. I'm sorry but most mcu characters are just kinda flat and have nothing about them

Dr Strange was okay even though his origin was rushed and was too Iron Man-y, Black Panther just seems angry and knows where the plot is because reasons and Spiderman is well Spiderman not really anything different from past versions but maybe their movies will give them more character

I just don't see what is so special about most of these characters
    Then don't spend your money and time on those movies. The end. Why bang your head when you clearly don't like the product? No one's forcing you to go see these films. You know what I did after I saw Man of Steel? I stopped paying money to see movies made by Zach Snyder because I know, in advance, I will hate them. It doesn't mean they're BAD movies. It means he doesn't know how to make movies that appeal to me.

And that is perfectly fine. It actually does take all kinds to make a world.
    Last edited by Redjack; 06-25-2017 at 08:29 PM.

I don't think that applies to all of them. IMO, the true measure of how much you are fan is accepting that what you're a fan of is not flawless by any means, that you are even willing to question things you like instead of blind worship.

There's plenty of franchises that I love that have had their share of clunkers, missteps, awful decisions, and bad ideas. Perhaps the reason why the MCU manages to still do good is because they have a good track record, and have done a lot more good than bad in the eyes of some people?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I don't think that applies to all of them. IMO, the true measure of how much you are fan is accepting that what you're a fan of is not flawless by any means, that you are even willing to question things you like instead of blind worship.

There's plenty of franchises that I love that have had their share of clunkers, missteps, awful decisions, and bad ideas. Perhaps the reason why the MCU manages to still do good is because they have a good track record, and have done a lot more good than bad in the eyes of some people?
    I can see that. They earned a lot of goodwill during the 1st phase of the MCU, and I can see how that might carry them in the eyes of some fans.

Incredible Member

Buying blu rays is not giving a pass. I bought the blu ray for most marvel movies. What I mean is people ignore problems with marvel

I'm not ignorant I genuinely forgot all about Falcon's origin and didn't even realize he had PTSD nor am I picking and choosing you are projecting
    One not everyone thinks Marvel studios is perfect. I don't, in fact I see the faults one-too many jokes, plot, villains etc... But I just have a good time everytime I watch the movies because I am heavily invested in the characters.

Take Logan, I cried at the end because I've been invested in the character for 17 years, but my sisters didn't cry, nor did my friends who watched it as they weren't invested and the movie didn't do enough for them to feel anything.

It's the same with Marvel. 10 years to build the universe movie by movie. Being heavily invested in the characters for that long, that they automatically become fanboyish for the universe. It's the first time that a connected universe on this scale was ever done. People are excited to see where the characters end up after Avengers 3 + 4.

Then Avengers happened and at the time it blew away a lot of people's minds. You should have seen the forums, most of the people in the forums I was visiting at the time, thought the movie was going to flop hard. But the opposite happened and you got a movie that officially connected the universe that was universally loved.

The problem with DC not getting the same treatment, is because they rushed it. They didn't bother giving us a character we could root for plus only 1/4 movies was universally loved. Now 3 movies in and we got a JL movie coming. Two of which sucked the life out of the universe, and 1 which has nothing to do with the JL and is conflicting between audience and critics. Look at Superman from MoS to BvS. At the end of MoS it looked like Superman had found himself out only to do a complete reversal in BvS just so him and Batman would fight. This resulted in turning people completely off Superman, and at the same time you got a murdering depressed Batman. It did nothing to make the general audience care for either in the fight. And by the end people were turned off the DCCU.

Had DC done the due diligence to setup the universe, in a positive light, then the universe would have been more universally loved as the characters would have been loved. But this is WB's fault for rushing things. Not the audience's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post

It can't be simple for some people, some just can't get people simply like the franchise and trust the people behind it without it being blind worship.

That's not really the best analogy. Sports fans can also be the angriest towards the team they support when they mess up.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

I don't hate marvel and my issue is more with their fanbase than anything they've actually produced. Only 2 movies I hated the rest I just don't care for
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-28-2017 at 05:16 PM.