Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Because in the MCU, all you really have to worry about is bad sequels which most people still enjoy and even with that you still know they'll redeem themselves in a year.

Is ballsy fot you to post this here , and i agree with you in a lot of points . Most MCU movies are fine opocorn entertaiment, but dont have rewatch value for me. Besides, the villains are lackluster and usually died liken othing in their debut movie

Its just enthusiasm.

I don't believe that ANYONE whole-hearted-ly believes they can "do no wrong".

Even the strongest of we fans can find SOMETHING in EVERY film produced that we aren't 100% psyched about.

Incredible Member

So what you're saying is that if Guardians was popular prior would take offense to them changing the characters?

I get X Men are popular but just because it's popular doesn't mean non popular characters should get a pass

Incredible Member

I don't care what critics have to say about them nor does being popular effect my opinion. I agreed with critics on Iron Man, WS, Civil War and other movies and disagreed as well but I'm not basing my opinions off soley cause of popular opinion

BANNED

I watched Doctor Strange the other day and I have no idea how that got a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. I thought it was boring and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    So what you're saying is that if Guardians was popular prior would take offense to them changing the characters?

I get X Men are popular but just because it's popular doesn't mean non popular characters should get a pass
    this seems contradictory with te act that people praise them for take risk...XD

BANNED

no. I wrote that more people would be unhappy. You won't be able to hear old GotG unhappy fans because GotG has more new fans thanks to movies.
    I didn't write anything good or bad.

but there is one important difference:
    -marvel is changing characters to something better (for majority of people) and thanks to that characters(who were changed) are more popular.
    -fox is (usually) changing characters to something less deep and less popular.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I watched Doctor Strange the other day and I have no idea how that got a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. I thought it was boring and stupid.
    You're not wrong.

I don't care what critics have to say about them nor does being popular effect my opinion. I agreed with critics on Iron Man, WS, Civil War and other movies and disagreed as well but I'm not basing my opinions off soley cause of popular opinion
    use REPLY WITH QUOTE. no one can tell who you're responding to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Well that's your opinion, you'd be surprised to find out many people other have opinions too, and just because theirs conflicts with yours doesn't make them wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    no. I wrote that more people would be unhappy. You won't be able to hear old GotG unhappy fans because GotG has more new fans thanks to movies.

-marvel is changing characters to something better (for majority of people) and thanks to that characters(who were changed) are more popular.
    I'm fine with changes but Marvel just changes them usually to appeal to the lowest common denominator. There is no reason comic Star Lord couldn't have worked and they had to make him a man child space marauder

How does Fox apparently make things worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

Go and ask to fans of the Wasp or Mantis.

I'm fine with changes but Marvel just changes them usually to appeal to the lowest common denominator. There is no reason comic Star Lord couldn't have worked and they had to make him a man child space marauder

How does Fox apparently make things worse ?
    Their treatment of Rogue.

Incredible Member

It is because of the MCU that I am now a comic book fan. DC, DH, Image, IDW can thank Marvel for my money. The movie that finally convinced me was WS. I was holy shit Cap is awesome, I gotta read about him. Then I remembered I liked reading Batman, Wolverine and Punisher comics as a kid and started buying those, and found out about BP in Hickman's Avengers run and I was hooked. Then I researched about what other characters I might like, and then I'm finding out about specific authors and their seminal runs.

Now I got Omnibus and Trades up the wazoo from all the major companies. So they can thank the MCU for my money.

Of course this was only my experience.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Go and ask to fans of the Wasp or Mantis.

Their treatment of Rogue.
    Or Drax, for that matter. Remember how cool he was during Annihilation? Nothing like the doofus we have now.