Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nightwing #23 Preview/Discussion

http://thegww.com/nightwing-23-exclusive-preview/

Hmm, one thing the Dixon's series never really did much with was Roland's brother. So its interesting to see them delve into their relationship a bit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-17-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Mighty Member

I will be the first to say Dick would do something stupid again.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 06-17-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    He lost a lot of brain cells when going back to Nightwing. Maybe the tight suit cuts off blood circulation ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    http://thegww.com/nightwing-23-exclusive-preview/

Hmm, one thing the Dixon's series never really did much with was Roland's brother. So its interesting to see them delve into their relationship a bit.
    Probably because Mark was dead but his death wasn't stopping DC from passing on the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I would think after what happened with Raptor and Nice that this time around he's going to be prepared for when Roland inevitably betrays him.

Extraordinary Member

God, those suits in the flashbacks are just such eyesores.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    God, those suits in the flashbacks are just such eyesores.
    I'm surprised we haven't ditched the New 52 Robin suit by this point. I mean, if any suit needed an update because of cosmic shenanigans ...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't ditched the New 52 Robin suit by this point. I mean, if any suit needed an update because of cosmic shenanigans ...
    Yup. Same for the Batman suit. Seriously, bat-kneepads?? Utterly pointless.

BANNED

Batman Beyond which is edited by the Superman office showed Dick in his original costume, the New 52 stubbornness is pretty much a Bat office thing now which is incredibly ironic seeing that Batman books largely kept their Pre Flashpoint roots in the New 52.

I like Seeley, but he for sure loves to write Dick incompetent (and weak).

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I like Seeley, but he for sure loves to write Dick incompetent (and weak).
    I noticed that too, Raptor, Mr. Nice, Shawn and now it seems Blockbuster. I yearn for Black Mirror Dick Grayson who is a compassionate detective who always takes precautions against people because he is the consummate superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I noticed that too, Raptor, Mr. Nice, Shawn and now it seems Blockbuster. I yearn for Black Mirror Dick Grayson who is a compassionate detective who always takes precautions against people because he is the consummate superhero.
    "I'm nice, but I'm not naive". Didn't he said something like this to James Gordon Jr.? Loved that line.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Batman Beyond which is edited by the Superman office showed Dick in his original costume, the New 52 stubbornness is pretty much a Bat office thing now which is incredibly ironic seeing that Batman books largely kept their Pre Flashpoint roots in the New 52.
    They should just give him his TT show costume.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    They should just give him his TT show costume.
    There are so many better modern versions of Dick's Robin design that they can use then the New 52 design, and yet we're still stuck with it .

I don't know, I actually like that the allegiances are fast and loose here, it's the moral grey that Dick has been dealing with since Grayson, just presented much more simply since this isn't a spy story, but a straightforward superhero one. While I do think Seeley could write this stuff better (really the Nice stuff, since that was pretty meh, I loved everything Raptor), I didn't at any point while reading this preview feel like Dick was trusting Roland like he did with Raptor or Nice, more like he just agreed to getting rid of Tiger Shark before having to leave. Also, I genuinely like what's being done with Roland's character here, it's way more fun to me than I was starting to let myself believe it would be after all the negative "oh wow, we're just going to redo Dixon's run now?" posts kinda brought me down. The fact that this is basically a three-way fight between these two and Tiger Shark is cool and definitely makes this easier to invest in for me, since I kinda want Roland to come out on top, but I also want him to get absolutely demolished by Dick, too.

Between Raptor and now Blockbuster, and even Slade in the past, it's kinda cool that Dick works with villains for the greater good, imo. If we move away from "I trusted you, how could you betray me?" stories and instead just have Dick working with them because it's in his best interest (like his deal with Slade to train Rose), I'd be fine with it becoming a staple for his character. Dick's character excels when interacting with other fun characters, and pairing him up with villains of varying levels of insanity and with unique personalities can only give us the most fun stories. That's why I enjoy the idea of Dick working with Roland for now.