So I have no idea what's going on with her lately but from what I gather she's hardly really fleshed out much or really had much done with her. I mean I feel like the character is too old to be Batgirl and I'm sure she can't be Oracle. Honestly I think it would be good if she became Huntress like the current one died and Barbara after experiencing a terrible loss went so mad with grief she turned against Bruce and the majority of the Batman Family.

As for the loss maybe she could get pregnant by Dick(I mean they've always been a popular pairing) and decide live a civilian life only to become collateral damage in a super-villain or super hero brawl or what have you and for her to lose her kid and for that loss to fill her with an unending and unyeilding rage. I can see her becoming so filled with hate that she just develops a very spiteful personality towards Batman (like blaming him for well fueling Gotham 's super hero/villain culture) and hating Dick Grayson for taking Bat Family code moral high road.

I can see her going to Jason as he's likely the one person who'd help her kill someone that Bruce and Dick choose to send to prison over killing. I also would not mind them hooking up and Dick having to deal with that. Especially if she actively tried to hurt him as a way of punishing him.

I honestly would like her as Huntress because the original was a villain not a vigilante and I'd like Barbara to become like a hybrid and in between vigilante and villain. Like maybe a mercanary /assassin that only kills criminals and other super heroes (since vigilantes are in fact criminals) when her price is met. I can even see her having a loophole for herself by only accepting contacts from the government or something which could make her completely on the side of the law in her eyes and I'd love to see her dad react especially if she turned cold towards him for not understanding her need (or rather her need to blame)to kill all things super hero/villain. I can see her showing him nothing but disdain for continuing to help Batman and thereby dishonoring the badge but despite what she may say abut hating him for her to still show up to save.him when he'd need help as a way of showing there's still some of the old her in there even if buried under lots of pain and anger.

I came up with this idea after watching the animated episode where Barbara "died" and Jim just lost it even going to Bane. So I'd them to something similar but with bit of twist. Though I think Jim would probably keep himself neutral and I can see Batman respectfully keeping a distance from Barb's family if something that bad happened.