Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well, just in general "show don't tell" is always the golden rule. And I totally agree about Marvel. I only even follow 4 Marvel books, and yet it manages to be annoying. Like, in the newest arc of All-New Wolverine , they brought a whole bunch of geniuses together to solve a crisis, bringing up their rankings of course, despite the fact that the crisis at hand had nothing to do with most of their fields of expertise.
    I actually really like the current arc of Wolverine, but the "genius room" sections of that story were definitely the weakest part of it. Plus, they didn't really solve anything - that was all Laura, Gabby, and the other Wolverines.

That being said, I think that Babs over here on the DC side should get herself a smarts ranking.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I actually really like the current arc of Wolverine, but the "genius room" sections of that story were definitely the weakest part of it. Plus, they didn't really solve anything - that was all Laura, Gabby, and the other Wolverines.
    Yeah, it was just a gripe. The arc itself was really good. I originally just picked up the book for the Squirrel Girl guest appearance, but Laura, Gabby and Jonathan the Unstoppable kept me reading.

That being said, I think that Babs over here on the DC side should get herself a smarts ranking.
    Pre-Flashpoint: Top 20 easily.

Post-Flashpoint: Above Average.

Burnside: Bottom 1 percentile

Actually, Charlie did meet Steph in the last issue of Death of Oracle (with absolutely hideous art by Inaki Miranda, biasing me against their art for a 7 years), and made a snarky comment about Steph's purple Batgirl suit.

Well, IQ numbers and "who's smarter" games always annoy me in general. Especially when they're done by different writers. (The whole current "ranking" of smartest people in Marvel right now is especially obnoxious - show, don't tell me your character is the smartest!)
    Did you like her art in Catwoman?

regarding the race-bending

Wasn't there a rumor that they were considering some Latina actress for the role? It's probably BS but wouldn't surprise me. Don't have a problem with it but I hope they keep the red hair at least

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Wasn't there a rumor that they were considering some Latina actress for the role? It's probably BS but wouldn't surprise me. Don't have a problem with it but I hope they keep the red hair at least
    I feel like the red hair and the hair coming out of the cowl are musts, but I'm not making this movie .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, it was just a gripe. The arc itself was really good. I originally just picked up the book for the Squirrel Girl guest appearance, but Laura, Gabby and Jonathan the Unstoppable kept me reading.

Pre-Flashpoint: Top 20 easily.

Post-Flashpoint: Above Average.

Burnside: Bottom 1 percentile
    I picked up the book because I saw a picture of Laura and Gabby walking Jonathan, and decided to keep going. It's really delightful.

I'm not sure that Post-Flashpoint is just above average - she does the crossword in pen, after all.

I have to laugh at Burnside - but really, she's hardly alone in being an idiot. See also: Tim on the Teen Titans, Batman all too often, Batwoman in the second half of her run...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did you like her art in Catwoman?
    I thought Inaki Miranda was a man? But yes, I did like their art in Catwoman, and was surprised, because of how utterly disgusting and lazy looking it was in Birds of Prey. I can still see the style that marks it as the same artist, but there was a polish and care taken in figure drawing and facial expressions that was completely lacking in the earlier work.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

I don't think it's true and I really hope it isn't. Race-bending Babs will just piss us Cass fans off even more. (Though I'll only go on a rampage if they make Babs Asian.)

I don't think it's true and I really hope it isn't. Race-bending Babs will just us Cass fans off even more. (Though I'll only go on a rampage if they make Babs Asian.)
    Unfortunately Hollywood seems to dislike Asian leads so I think you're probably safe there