View Poll Results: What do YOU think DC should do with Wally West?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC should give him a solo book where he operates in Keystone. He can also join JLA

52 60.47%
  • Marry him with Linda, bring back kids and retire him.

2 2.33%
  • Kill him at the end of Rebirth.

6 6.98%
  • He's okay as he is now. He doesn't need anything more than Titans

16 18.60%
  • Other

10 11.63%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Question What do YOU think DC should do with Wally West?

Everyone's been complaining about Wally's treatment and I'm interested in a more productive discussion instead of circling similar complaints. What is your cure to current problem? Do you see any hope?

DON'T DERAIL THE THREAD. Any comment like "Kill Barry" will be reported to mods.

p.s.: a poll is coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Everyone's been complaining about Wally's treatment and I'm interested in a more productive discussion instead of circling similar complaints. What is your cure to current problem? Do you see any hope?

DON'T DERAIL THE THREAD. Any comment like "Kill Barry" will be reported to mods.

p.s.: a poll is coming up.
    Isn't there more than one "Wally West" these days?

He should get a solo book, where he develops/gains back his past relationships and we see him really struggle with the pacemaker bs. A crossover with Flash where Barry helps him to fix the mess LC caused would be a good idea.

His book should focus around the Rebirth mystery, he can still hang with the Titans of course, but I refuse to believe he's just accept the "old world" is gone and he (and us) should get over it.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I picked the first option, though if I were calling the shots at DC, I'd have the monthly FLASH title feature sixteen pages of Barry, sixteen pages of Wally, with their stories occasionally bleeding into each other's. Twice a year, they might team-up for thirty-two pages.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

My vote's for a Wally solo book (though I would settle for him leading a Flash Family book as well) .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think he can definitely carry a solo book, and he should have one. Especially one in Keystone. Bring back his established world full of supporting characters and rich industrial setting. Maybe not all of it right away, but he has a whole different dynamic to operate in than Barry. It can be called "Wally West: The Flash" or "The Flash: Wally West". I don't want a Nightwing like title because that would be a demotion, but something should differentiate his title from Barry's. Maybe "Wally West: The Fastest Man Alive" could work.

BANNED

What I'd want in a perfect world:

Wally's history with Linda is restored upon earning her love once again for the first time, simultaneously bringing his kids into the RebirthDCU, and restoring his entire history and all of his relationships (like would happen with EVERYONE by the end of Rebirth.) Wally would then be the lead in a Flash Family back, starring Bart, Max, Iris II, and Jesse, with Linda, Jai, and the supporting cast members of the other characters popping up with semi-regularity depending on who the arc was focused on.

wally could definitely carry his own book, although the flash main title is the best it's been in a long time. i wouldn't want wally taking that away from barry right now

Solo in Keystone. Put him back with Linda, but don't restore the kids.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    wally could definitely carry his own book, although the flash main title is the best it's been in a long time. i wouldn't want wally taking that away from barry right now
    I don't see it as competition since most Flash fans overlap. The purpose would be to create space for things that can't get focused on in Barry's title.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Solo in Keystone. Put him back with Linda, but don't restore the kids.
    Would you be okay with the kids as babies?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    He really doesn't need to take anything away from Barry. Heck, Wally's sidecast is so different from Barry's.

Wally's book shpuld be more street level compared to Barry's. Barry can take the crazy (and frankly boring) Speed Force drama in his book while Wally more exclusively deals with his personal life and Rogues. They can always crossover to strenghten the worldbuilding of twin cities.

Wally:

Deals with Blacksmith's Rogues and occasionally Cold, reinvents some 90s villains like Savitar. Some dimension hopping maybe.

McGees, Piper, Linda, Bart (maybe), Jesse, Magenta, Chye& Morillo, Argus and Hunter as sidecast

Barry:

Deals with Speed Force, time travel sheningans and TV show synergy

Iris, nuWally, Singh, cops, Meena, silver age characters like Daphne as his sidecast
    Last edited by Waterfall; 06-26-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I don't see it as competition since most Flash fans overlap. The purpose would be to create space for things that can't get focused on in Barry's title.
    Like OG Wally .

true enough, though they'd definitely have to create a separate world for him like in keystone or something. he would need his own rogues and cast that aren't barry's (or from barry's legacy).

i could easily see magenta, savitar, pied piper, and jesse quick transferring to his book with relative ease. johnny quick should make a return as well since everyone is getting rebirthed ..

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Would you be okay with the kids as babies?
    I don't think the kids were presented quite right the first time, especially Jai, so I think they should be rebooted from the ground up...and a little later in Wally's career.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Option #1.

Also, give him his own unique codename like the rest of his generation. There's a perfectly good one sitting there unused. THUNDERBOLT.
    Batman - Daredevil