All-New Member

Default HELP! My recently purchased comicbook has a page torn off... what do I do?

Hello guys, I recently purchased a copy of Kingdom Come Absolute Edition and found out that a page has been completely torn off....
    I got it from a local comicbook store in my area. Its supposed to be a new copy. It was still wrapped in plastic and looked new when i got it.
    This is the first time that it has happened to me and I am confused on what to do next. I'm pretty sure that they don't have another copy to replace it. I paid what was on the price tag which was around 20$ above retail price.

- What can I ask/demand from the comic shop with regards to my situation?
    - Is the value of my copy greatly diminished with this damage? (the page that was torn off is the page before table of contents, I dont even know what the page looks like)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If it was wrapped, you might be able to contact DC themselves. Might have more luck than dealing with the comic shop, unless you go there often?

Invincible Member

If you have the receipt, just take back to the store and get your money back.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If it was wrapped, you might be able to contact DC themselves. Might have more luck than dealing with the comic shop, unless you go there often?
    I've been to their store a few times. I messaged them on facebook about it and they haven't replied yet (seenzoned).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If you have the receipt, just take back to the store and get your money back.
    I kept the receipt but I'm having second thoughts if I should return it... an Absolute copy at that price range is so hard to find nowadays. Does that ripped page significantly degrade the value of my copy?

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donashton27 View Post
    I kept the receipt but I'm having second thoughts if I should return it... an Absolute copy at that price range is so hard to find nowadays. Does that ripped page significantly degrade the value of my copy?
    Absolute or not, it's basically a reprint. Not as precious as the original printing. But new is new. With a page missing, you clearly did not get what you paid for. At the very least, you should get a discount. But ask yourself this: would you have paid good money for it if you'd known the page was missing?

Return to store and order a replacement. Also, let us know which page is missing from which chapter. Not just page number, as that probably won't help with a special edition. You know what? Scan or take a pic of the pages right before and after and post it here (and elsewhere maybe too). So even if you don't return it, maybe someone can get you digital images of the missing parts.