View Poll Results: What do YOU think DC should do with Wally West?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC should give him a solo book where he operates in Keystone. He can also join JLA

52 60.47%
  • Marry him with Linda, bring back kids and retire him.

2 2.33%
  • Kill him at the end of Rebirth.

6 6.98%
  • He's okay as he is now. He doesn't need anything more than Titans

16 18.60%
  • Other

10 11.63%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    One thing about future plans for Wally: I don't want to see any moping, "OMG Flash legacy!" Wally. I liked the humor aspect of the DCAU and pre-Waid Wally, which actually carried over somewhat later. Wally doesn't have to be the total goofball his DCAU counterpart is, but one reason his book became a bit of a drag in the later days is the humor was mostly supplanted with darker moments such as when Wally's kids were (initially) murdered by Zolomon. I'd prefer any future plans for Wally to lean towards the lighter side of superheroics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yes! Yes! A thousand times Yes! I hate constantly mopey superheroes. Batman is not worth watching (to me) unless it is a fun Batman (Lego, Brave & the Bold)

The scenes I remember most are the fun ones (Wally griping about girlfriends, his hair, making humorous quips often about his own f-u moments. That is the Wally I loved as much as his doing awesome feats. The Wally who messed up and had to go back and switch Christmas gifts last pico-second as the recipients opened them. Friendly, slightly goofy Wally....but not as goofy as in the animated show. I really, really, liked animated Wally, but he just introduced me to Wally's Flash book....which is when I fell head over heels for him.

I would love a 2016-Rebirth-era story where something weird happened and we got to see Wally and Barry's take on it. Something on the order of those crazy sentient clouds of Silver Age Barry. I can see Wally kind of going "Huh." Then shrugging before doing his things with quips about (if I insult it will it result in a downpour?) thrown in. Barry meanwhile would start going all scientist on them. (Don't be ridiculous. *goes into weather science flash facts* while Wally ponders flood insurance.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    You refuted my claim that Barry only succeeds because of heavy promotion, so I set out to prove myself correct. And I did, don't you think?
    No, you didn't and I'm getting tired of your infantile semantic games. Want to throw some more snark back at me now?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    C'mon now; yeah, no one is gonna sell Batman's numbers. But Wally is a proven asset. There's no non-biased way of denying that.
    Except nobody is arguing that point. I'm not saying Wally can't have the same numbers as Barry has at the moment, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Gotta love YJ,keeps it simple,but gets it right,loved the flash episode.
    The Young Justice show got a lot of things right, but Wally and his story wasn't one of them in my opinion.

Maybe DC should give original Wally his own monthly book and call it "Wally West: The Flash", and also give New52 Wally his own monthly book and call it "Wally West: Kid Flash". These books could be published during the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month, while Barry's current book, "The Flash" (no need to change the title since it's selling well enough), would be published the 2nd and 4th weeks.
    Then DC could see how the numbers for everything looks after, say, six months or so?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe DC should give original Wally his own monthly book and call it "Wally West: The Flash", and also give New52 Wally his own monthly book and call it "Wally West: Kid Flash". These books could be published during the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month, while Barry's current book, "The Flash" (no need to change the title since it's selling well enough), would be published the 2nd and 4th weeks.
    Then DC could see how the numbers for everything looks after, say, six months or so?
    Media oversaturation. 2 Flash books at once is a risk, 3 at once would probably kill the 2 secondary books and damage the sales of the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah, and a one-page/five minute recap hardly does that legacy justice. Barry Allen isn't Jor-El, Thomas Wayne, or Ben Parker; the depth of his story is essential to providing meaning to Wally's.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    You've got a point, but it all depends on the execution.

I dunno how many of you have seen the movie, but if you have young kids you've probably seen the Pixar film UP. In that film, there's a short sequence going into the history of one of the main characters; an old man who lost his wife some years ago.

There's no dialogue (or very little, I forget) but the scene follows this man in his younger days as he meets the woman who will eventually become his wife, they date, they marry, they try (and fail) to have kids, they try (and fail) to go on vacations and adventures, she eventually gets sick and dies, and the old man falls into a bitter depression.

The whole story takes mere minutes to tell but is highly emotional and tells you everything you need to know about the old man and how he became the mean spirited old bastard he is when the film starts.

Something along those lines is all Wally would need to establish the pain and loss of Barry's death and his importance to Wally's life (even after death). Granted, pulling something like this off would require a delicate touch and a level of skill that DC hasn't exactly been known for but it *can* be done with the right creative forces behind them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Media oversaturation. 2 Flash books at once is a risk, 3 at once would probably kill the 2 secondary books and damage the sales of the main one.
    But it seems to work with Batman and with Superman... and Superman doesn't have his own TV show. (Batman doesn't, either, though young Bruce Wayne is one of the characters on Gotham.)

BANNED

But it seems to work with Batman and with Superman... and Superman doesn't have his own TV show. (Batman doesn't, either, though young Bruce Wayne is one of the characters on Gotham.)
    TV shows and movies don't make a big difference for comic sales. Supergirl and Green Arrow have shows and their books aren't selling great numbers. Considering that half of the Superman books are failing (Supergirl, Superwoman, New Superman) that wasn't the best example either.

TV shows and movies don't make a big difference for comic sales. Supergirl and Green Arrow have shows and their books aren't selling great numbers. Considering that half of the Superman books are failing (Supergirl, Superwoman, New Superman) that wasn't the best example either.
    So I guess you're saying not enough people would support a separate book with Wally West?

BANNED

So I guess you're saying not enough people would support a separate book with Wally West?
    It depends on the circumstances. Considering DC's petty refusal to promote the character, I'm pretty sure a Kid Flash book released alongside it would take priority and damage OG Wally's book a little.

Some are suggesting things would be easier if the JSA is restored on Earth-2, but there's no way DC is going that route. If anything, they'll continue to mining the Multiverse going forward, but I suspect there won't be any titles set on other Earths. Rebirth is about legacy, and we've been told the JSA and LoSH will return. We'll see a return to the post-Infinite Crisis version of New Earth with some New 52 elements here or there. DC isn't going to roll COIE back fully, despite Convergence's ending, which seems all but retconned out of existence itself.
    Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Some are suggesting things would be easier if the JSA is restored on Earth-2, but there's no way DC is going that route. If anything, they'll continue to mining the Multiverse going forward, but I suspect there won't be any titles set on other Earths. Rebirth is about legacy, and we've been told the JSA and LoSH will return. We'll see a return to the post-Infinite Crisis version of New Earth with some New 52 elements here or there. DC isn't going to roll COIE back fully, despite Convergence's ending, which seems all but retconned out of existence itself.
    But if it's Geoff Johns who said those things . . . he's had a few occasions where he promises one thing but then (for whatever reason) fails to deliver in the end.
    (Wasn't Lady Luck suppose to eventually be part of the Justice League in the New52?
    What the hell was the reason we had Pandora showing up in all those #1 issues at the beginning of the New52?)

But if it's Geoff Johns who said those things . . . he's had a few occasions where he promises one thing but then (for whatever reason) fails to deliver in the end.
    (Wasn't Lady Luck suppose to eventually be part of the Justice League in the New52?
    What the hell was the reason we had Pandora showing up in all those #1 issues at the beginning of the New52?)
    Because DC sucks at planning and sticking to their plans.

Any time they hit a road block, rather than find a way around it, they just go in full reverse and claim they're "getting back to basics" or "respecting the history" or whatever other cheap excuse they can come up with to pass their lack on consistency off as quality control.

Johns is as guilty of this as any writer I can think of at the moment, but he's far from the only one. DC as a whole is pretty terrible at long-term thinking and planning.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Barry-30 to 35
    Wally-25
    Bart-18
    NuWally- 15

Simple as that,no regression plz
    Are they sticking with the New 52 de-aging the Justice league?

Then below fits with what I prefer...

Barry - 30 to 32
    Wally - 19
    Bart - 13
    NuWally - Gone!

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.