Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

I believe it was Ultimate Spider-Man 30, in a reprint issue with either Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate Fantastic Four.
    The issue where Peter is shot and MJ goes to the hospital with him.

I even remember where I sat to read it. As lame as it may sound, it changed my life

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I believe it was Ultimate Spider-Man 30, in a reprint issue with either Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate Fantastic Four.
    The issue where Peter is shot and MJ goes to the hospital with him.

I even remember where I sat to read it. As lame as it may sound, it changed my life
    Oh, yeah, that was a good one.

BANNED

Amazing Spiderman #177 - The storyline where Dr. Bart Hamilton assumed the identity of the Green Goblin. I remember I watched a rerun of the Spidey's 60's cartoon that featured the Goblin and it sparked my interest about the comics so the next day I went to the news agency and there it was. With the Goblin on the cover I took it as a sign and bought it. I still remember how shocked I was that the story didn't end at the end of the comic. I had no idea that's how comics worked. Also shocked about all the supporting characters. Still have that copy.

My first 'Spider' comic and first comic I paid for ever was "Edge of the Spider-Verse #2" when it came out. On some entertainment site I was browsing on I saw a link about a Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman and was curious. Saw the preview and became fascinated and the art popped to me as well as the world and charazation all from the preview pages. I have a nearby comicbook shop that I can walk too and said to myself 'I'm going to check her out. The art alone has my attention and it's only 4 dollars. According to this it's a 'one shot' so I don't have to worry about being lured into a long term series."
    Got it on the day it came out. Read it. LOVE IT! It had my wonder and attention from page one to it's last and brought a smile to my face. One of the best 4 dollars I spent. I didn't have a box yet to store comics in but I placed it in a area where I kept valuable things to me and kept it carefully preserved (though i did re-read it many times).
    When I discovered it was so beloved that it earned a ongoing series "Spider-Gwen" I decided I was going to follow that series. In the local comicshop the owner recommend three series for me: Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan), Thor (Jane), and a tradebook he had called 'Marvels'. I enjoyed Thor (and continue to follow her on digtal when sales happen) but loved Marvels and Kamala Khan so much.
    Soon my first ongoing series physical issues pulls officially became: Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel, Silk, Chilling adventures of Sabrina, and Howard the duck. Since this is when I started reading comics these series, characters, and times was my "Golden Age" in a way.

I discovered Kamala Khan was in an issue of Spider-man so I brought that (plus I was meaning to buy and read Cindy's first appearances in Spider-man series as I was loving her character and book from her series). That would be my first Spider-man comic.
    My first 'Spider-man' story arc I followed was actually Secret Wars: Renew Your Vows. Love it as well.

Dead No More/ (which turned into) Clone Conspiracy was my first full 616 'Spider-man' Peter series arc. I'm a 'Gwen Stacy' fan or at least have a curiously/hope for the best per new versions towards thanks to Earth-65 Gwen Stacy, animated Spectacular Spider-man Gwen, and Emma Stone Gwen Stacy. That said I know each version is a individual character onto themselves. The Gwen found on one Earth isn't the same person as a Gwen on another. Thus I can love many Gwens but dislike a few others (and same applies to all characters and various versions). From the top of my head but not limited to: I loved (and just writing about Marvel officially made versions vs fan made versions that I'm a fan of a couple out there) Age of Apocalypse, House of M, Ultimate, and 'Spider-man loves Mary Jane' Gwen Stacy versions. I'm impartial to 616 version but do hope that when she is used she will be used well and likeable. The free Dead No More issue added a bit of further tragedy of her last moments on 616 and a bit of conformation to her exact death (it was the neck snapping from the web).

When I saw either the 616 Gwen or another version of Gwen was going to play a role in that tale I went to it hoping for the best. Now overall in the end I felt disappointed in the last issues of the arc. Again the ones who are living because of science are treated to not matter despite being a life like any other and gets killed off. Called it and sad by it. The CC Gwen version in that story arc at first wasn't getting flesh out as a character getting kidnapped then nothing more till Amazing Spider-man #23 happened and CC #5. From those two issues had me add that version of Gwen to my love list and sad by her death partially due that I: really liked her, wanted her to have an interaction/real talk with Earth-65 Gwen that was surprisingly involved in CC, and how common it felt having her die that I just wanted a dang good Gwen Stacy version born in 616 to live for a change of pace (but no body (just a coat) or on screen death of this version so I have hope but most likely this Gwen version won't be back).
    Just want to add that while I don't regularly pull issues on the day they come out of the current 616 Peter Spider-man series (I do buy in bunk missing back issues when a big sale happens in some shops) like I do with other series currently I'm a big fan of Anna Marie from that series.

I have no idea.

Honestly.