Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My biggest fear is going the complete opposite for the sake of synergy if Hunter ever gets introduced.(which wouldn't happen in main Flash book as he's Wally villain) "Complete monster" Zolomon worked for TV and Tv only.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Say: if this issue is moving both Barry and Thawne back towards their Pre-FLASHPOINT histories, then why are they both wearing Post-FLASHPOINT (e.g. New 52)-style costumes?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

It makes sense that Eobard's origin changed, because Barry himself never died in this universe.

Anyone notice a different thing about Eobard?

His hair.

Look at his hair.

In the flashbacks it often seems more yellow, but its now reddish-orangeish. Somewhere between Barry and Eobard's yellow, and White Wally's red hair.

Is that a White Wally allusion? Thawne wanted to be The Flash, then he realized he wansn't ready to be The Flash and dressed as Kid Flash... only to discover Wally getting Henry Allen's pocket watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Say: if this issue is moving both Barry and Thawne back towards their Pre-FLASHPOINT histories, then why are they both wearing Post-FLASHPOINT (e.g. New 52)-style costumes?

Seeing Barry (and Thawne) sporting the New 52 Flash suit in those flashbacks was kind of weird .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeing Barry (and Thawne) sporting the New 52 Flash suit in those flashbacks was kind of weird .
    I'm still confused on the new 52 thawne origin and this new origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    It makes sense that Eobard's origin changed, because Barry himself never died in this universe.

Anyone notice a different thing about Eobard?

His hair.

Look at his hair.

In the flashbacks it often seems more yellow, but its now reddish-orangeish. Somewhere between Barry and Eobard's yellow, and White Wally's red hair.

Is that a White Wally allusion? Thawne wanted to be The Flash, then he realized he wansn't ready to be The Flash and dressed as Kid Flash... only to discover Wally getting Henry Allen's pocket watch.
    That's the idea and it has always been since Waid. Thawne even called Wally a "brother" in Return of Barry Allen due to their similarities. Just like that, Zolomon was created to be as a "Evil Barry". Cop, analytical, teacher-like figure to Wally etc. (Now they have even more common stuff with "father kills mother" origin).

It would be funny when Hunter comes back he would be sporting blonde hair to parallel Barry.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm much less bothered by how easily Thawne overpowered Barry but not as much as I am refreshed to see this updated origin in line with the spirit of the Return of Barry Allen origin: crazed fanboy gone rogue. The fact OG Wally is instrumental to this issue is also great to see. That history needs to be acknowledged and we've waited a long time to get that back.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    True... after a re-read I'm hoping and am inclined to believe that Thawne is at full strength because his memories are intact while Barry's memories are not and his powers are not at the level that they were at Flashpoint because of that knowledge. Perhaps I am just being hopeful.
    This is how I see it. Veteran Thawne versus still green Barry. I'm predicting Barry starts to remember everything and goes for a neck snap! (Not really. But maybe. Paralyzingly Thawne would be an interesting move IMO.)

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    That's the idea and it has always been since Waid. Thawne even called Wally a "brother" in Return of Barry Allen due to their similarities. Just like that, Zolomon was created to be as a "Evil Barry". Cop, analytical, teacher-like figure to Wally etc. (Now they have even more common stuff with "father kills mother" origin).

It would be funny when Hunter comes back he would be sporting blonde hair to parallel Barry.
    Did-did they confirm that!?

But yeah I totally agree that Hunter seems more like a dark parallel to Barry Allen and Thawne is a dark parallel to Wally West. It would make sense for them to have been each others archenemies, but for nostalgia and historical reasons that would never work. Well, at least with Thawne & Wally. Zolomon is still a new enough character he could be established/retconned as a Barry Allen villain.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'm much less bothered by how easily Thawne overpowered Barry but not as much as I am refreshed to see this updated origin in line with the spirit of the Return of Barry Allen origin: crazed fanboy gone rogue. The fact OG Wally is instrumental to this issue is also great to see. That history needs to be acknowledged and we've waited a long time to get that back.

This is how I see it. Veteran Thawne versus still green Barry. I'm predicting Barry starts to remember everything and goes for a neck snap! (Not really. But maybe. Paralyzingly Thawne would be an interesting move IMO.)
    wait... Wally is in Flash #25.. looks like I will have to make another trip to the comic store.
    I have no beef with Vegans

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

That is weird, yes, but is not an exclusive problem to the Flash franchise. Rebirth has the disadvantage of pretending to be the new 52 universe and the post Crisis universe at the same time, while having to rely heavily in Flashbacks, so we have stuff like this issue of the Trinity's first meeting, all 3 in current uniforms.

From the outside, it seems that artists reference sheets were updated and the mandate is that that's all that exists.

Which is annoying, but kinda fine; we pretty much know continuity is going toi get some adjusting event in the not too distant future, and it would be a pain to figure which clothes any given character was wearing when event A or B, that may have happened or not, took place.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Did-did they confirm that!?

But yeah I totally agree that Hunter seems more like a dark parallel to Barry Allen and Thawne is a dark parallel to Wally West. It would make sense for them to have been each others archenemies, but for nostalgia and historical reasons that would never work. Well, at least with Thawne & Wally. Zolomon is still a new enough character he could be established/retconned as a Barry Allen villain.
    Hunter is a popular character, he'll be obviously reintroduced again once Wally establishes a solid status quo. In a recent podcast Williamson said people keep asking him Hunter's whereabouts but he doesn't want to use Hunter because he believes Zoom should be Wally's personal nemesis and that Barry has enough of his own league of enemies.

Astonishing Member

Which podcast was that?

Question

Good question. It always bothered me anyway that everyone else got new or tweaked costumes for Rebirth, yet Barry still has his super-busy, too many glowing lines and seams New 52 costume, which only a handful of artists can make look good anyway.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 07-11-2017 at 02:01 PM.

There are a lot of complaints in this thread, and trust me, I understand some of them. But I'm just glad that The Flash finally has a readable and enjoyable book once again. It has gotten better and better each month, IMO, and is one of the best Rebirth titles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Which podcast was that?
    http://ifanboy.com/podcasts/talksplo...ua-williamson/