Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Has Susan Richards ever legitimately cheated on her husband?

I was thinking of just how much of a do gooder both she and Jean Grey are. Besides the Namor stuff, has she slept with anyone else other than Reed since her 1961 debut? I remember the Black Panther snippet but did anything happened? Did she cheat while she was Malice and was doing all those villainous acts? I don't recall.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I don't think she's has ever fully cheated on Reed. If that makes any sense. Numerous times she's kissed Namor, and a few panels have suggested more. But I don't think it's been confirmed in canon. As for Black Panther, early on she kissed him too. Not much more than that.

With that said versions of Sue have showm she can be on of tje most promiscuous female characters.

She's had relationships with:
    Doom (lots of futures. See secret wars)
    Namor
    Black Panther
    Ben Grimm
    Black Bolt
    Wolverine
    Sabertooth
    Tony Stark
    Set (yeah gross)
    Steve Rodgers (they hinted at this in Adventures)

People have sought her:
    Kang (weird they havent explored this in some future)
    Terrax
    Roman Emperor guy (forget his name)
    Attuma
    Scott Lang (under influence of Grottu)
    Blastaar

The list goes on.

And no, I don't know where to place Psychoman. It's a creepy Jabba/Leia thing I don't know how to process. They do have a mental connection though and always will. Whatever that means.

So Alternate Sue has been an intergalactic hussy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I was thinking of just how much of a do gooder both she and Jean Grey are. Besides the Namor stuff, has she slept with anyone else other than Reed since her 1961 debut? I remember the Black Panther snippet but did anything happened? Did she cheat while she was Malice and was doing all those villainous acts? I don't recall.
    Susan Richards has legitimately had sexual intercourse twice in her entire life that we know of for sure.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Susan Richards has legitimately had sexual intercourse twice in her entire life that we know of for sure.
    I'm pretty certain that Reed and Sue do have sex on at least a semi-regular basis, she mentions as such doing so in Civil War, even though she's estranged with Reed at the time.

I tend to not follow everything. I think Sue and Namor had a sort of emotional relationship that nearly borders on going to an affair. There is something great there, that approaches love. For the record I actually believe people can truly love more than one person at a time, but society inhibits a lot of that.

At any rate, I'm not really aware of some of these on your list. If Kang is a descendent of Reed (still?) than that is like having an affair or seeking with your main Grandmother X whatever....

Terrax and Blastaar? Since this is in a second grouping I am wondering if this is also 'alt-versions' of Sue from around the multiverse...

I think I remember in that thread about how many characters who've cheated on their partner's a long conversation about whether Sue had ever cheated on Reed with numerous points/counter-points.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I tend to not follow everything. I think Sue and Namor had a sort of emotional relationship that nearly borders on going to an affair. There is something great there, that approaches love. For the record I actually believe people can truly love more than one person at a time, but society inhibits a lot of that.

At any rate, I'm not really aware of some of these on your list. If Kang is a descendent of Reed (still?) than that is like having an affair or seeking with your main Grandmother X whatever....

Terrax and Blastaar? Since this is in a second grouping I am wondering if this is also 'alt-versions' of Sue from around the multiverse...
    Kang tried to make her his Queen as Rama-tut early on. The actual 616 Sue. Terrax tried to put her in his harem during the Bryne run. Again 616. Blastaar has merely made some odd comments. These are just suitors I guess and not people she was involved with.

It's a big tease or "gift" to long-time fans of the notion, perhaps.

If you're of my age, than you went through the first throes of society's changing mores on sexual/emotional relationships.

While Sue and Reed were the first comic couple to marry, they were probably also the first to have significant problems that almost led to divorce (twice at least; when Reed shut down Franklins brain around v.1 #140s, and when the first Civil War happened, it looked possible)

It was alt-romantic, to think of Sue and her infatuation with Namor. From the company point of view, I think to humanize or further Namor's character they recalled his '40s persona with Human/Atlantean relationship; he and Betty Dean.
    So its a part of Namor's nature or charm or meme, that he is always a fish out of water and seeks a sort of validation or communion with 'the other' i.e. the human race.

For Sue's part, her at times (mostly earlier) willingness, plays into a softened view of the same thing, bridging some gap between opposites. Even when a status quo or arrangement is mutually agreed on, each may entertain thoughts of what could have been.

"The Courtship of Sue Richards" in Namor's old book is a definitive view of how Sue really sees their relationship. A sense of bittersweet.

But Sue and Namor's kiss and conversation in the Byrne Alpha Flight (helping fight The Master) was another moment perhaps.

And the Namor FF fight in / around FF # 220s (I think its the Sinkewitcz era, which was too brief for me) speaks to my view on it; attraction of opposites but with intention.

So it represents the nature of considering the affair, perhaps, on Sue's part. But why Namor always has a thing for Blonde women is interesting.

I legit LOL’d at this.

Three actually. In Reed's defense there was a panel in the Waid run I believe where they are on bed and Sue comments about how "wonderful" the powers are that Reed acquired in the cosmic storm

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Susan is over Namor but sometimes Namor isn't over Sue. But he did end up with Emma Frost, a blonde out of a bottle instead. I really wish the next time Namor gets a mini series or something that they give him a new love interest.

And the answer to the question posed by the thread is "No"

Niffleheim

lmao! this is meant to be funny but i actually believe this. It is more shocking that she never cheated on him.

Personally when they come back I would like to see her single. Which is almost impossible with two kids. Unless they are grown. I feel like I'm tired of the whole Reed/Sue family issues dynamic which is all writers come up with. Why not let her go on her own. Let Reed as well see other people. I'd be interested to see what love interests they have outside each other (NOT NAMOR).

I wonder why we never talk about Reed's cheating?

I'm pretty sure that without Sue in his life he would end up being asexual, but he cheats in so many other ways if you consider

emotional sabotague and and or just the taking of her for granted, and spending "more time" with his inventions and schemes.

Namor said it right in an oft-displayed Illuminati panel from a few years back. Sue does worship him in her own way and he has never repaid her enough for what she's put up with.

As much magic as there is in the overall-ness of the Four, and the tantalizing thoughts of them finally returning . . .

there is an even-magic to the thoughts of how to divest them each of their basic garbage of time-laden memes and out-dated tropes.

If there was enough bravery, maybe in Voyager's potential altering and re-fashioning of the origin aspects in early years,

the FF (and now, all of them have been Avengers too) could come back with new realized origins, backstories, etc.