Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    According to some people on this forum; this is only on our imagination.
    There has been more than enough evidence to prove the fact that Marvel is purposely sabotaging the FF and X-men to spite Fox yet their faboyism over Marvel just make them negate everything.

In fact they trip over themselves to defend Marvel bs.
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 06-27-2017 at 06:44 PM.

iMan 42s

I'm fascinated with Doctor Doom being exempt from so much of the ban. Nothing is really stopping Marvel from producing Fantastic Four content but the fact that Doctor Doom is exempt from it is strange to me. Of all things Triumph and Torment got re-released, Doom got a couple toys released over the years (you can still find Secret War 2015 toys with the comics in the case, there was that Sideshow toys statue, and Doom is Iron man. Is there some legal loophole they're working to exploit or is Doom just that successful that the one who shall not be named doesn't mind him?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I'm fascinated with Doctor Doom being exempt from so much of the ban. Nothing is really stopping Marvel from producing Fantastic Four content but the fact that Doctor Doom is exempt from it is strange to me. Of all things Triumph and Torment got re-released, Doom got a couple toys released over the years (you can still find Secret War 2015 toys with the comics in the case, there was that Sideshow toys statue, and Doom is Iron man. Is there some legal loophole they're working to exploit or is Doom just that successful that the one who shall not be named doesn't mind him?
    It's not just doom they're still using Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm in various comics despite the absence of the fantastic four.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's not just doom they're still using Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm in various comics despite the absence of the fantastic four.
    Well, Johnny was the boy-toy of Queen Genocide during ANAD Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Johnny was the boy-toy of Queen Genocide during ANAD Marvel.
    Ugh ignoring your queen genoicde comment hater, anyways johmny is also a member of the uncanny avengers and is a on again off again recurring character I amazing spider-man and most recently Peter Parker the spectacular spider-man.

Ben and Johnny can both be considered part of the Avengers franchise, and Doom is part of the Iron Man franchise, now. They should market them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    It's not Disney that's doing this. Disney clearly doesn't care about the comics division outside of being a cheap IP farm. Marvel itself I wouldn't blame either since they let tons of writers praise or tribute the first family in the books. This is clearly about marketing and letting the IP's exist in multiple media formats. The one man who seems hellbent on starving Fox and fighting a petty fight is the guy who makes these ridiculous mandates. Mandates that can be found all over the net and notably in Marvel Comics The Untold Story. Mr. P himself, the old vampire who hides in the shadows.

Also, the Fantastic Four's film rights were sold before the financial troubles. This was back when they just diversified their portfolio in the 70's and 80's.
    Exactly. Ike has never been a Marvel creative guy. The guy is a pure businessmen who probably doesn't even know much much about the characters and concepts themselves. He helped pull Marvel out of bankruptcy so I'm not saying he's not good at what he does but as a Marvel fan, it's hard not to get worried. Hopefully dude either retires or resigns so he can join Trump's cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ben and Johnny can both be considered part of the Avengers franchise, and Doom is part of the Iron Man franchise, now. They should market them as such.
    Pretty much. No Reed or Sue = No Fantastic Four. I mean good for Johnny and Ben but it's not hard to see what is happening

I think a lot of it could be because marvel doesn't want to abandon the idea of having the fantastic four return of and when they do hence why they're still being tied to the fantastic four writers have even made a few refrences here and there with bendis most notably.

I think a lot of it could be because marvel doesn't want to abandon the idea of having the fantastic four return of and when they do hence why they're still being tied to the fantastic four writers have even made a few refrences here and there with bendis most notably.
    Oh I don't doubt that a lot of writers would like to bring the Fantastic Four back. But when you have an order coming straight from the top that no book called "Fantastic Four" should be sold, it doesn't really matter what the writers want. Bendis is a small fish in the overall corporate hierarchy of Marvel

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not talking comics. Doom still makes appearances in games and has merch when the other F4 characters don't.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

But the X-Men get a update in Future Fight? This ban never makes sense.

Oh, it does. The ban no longer applies to X-Men, only to FF.

Well damn, that sucks.

Nobody should really blame Marvel or Disney though, blame...IKE PERLMUTTER...

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Oh, it does. The ban no longer applies to X-Men, only to FF.
    And why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I haven't played Marvel Heroes in a long time but I'm pretty sure Doom is the central antagonist of the campaign. Removing him would mean building a lot of the game from scratch (and that game is notorious for its content failings.) Comics wise I think Bendis had enough pull to say he wants to use Doom and actually manage to get him.

Wouldn't surprise me if a new campaign is in the works and Doom was removed, though.