Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    And why is that?
    Because Fox came to a deal with Marvel - Legion and Gifted exist because of it. The two are working together where X-Men are concerned. But not with FF. Fox won't budge on that, so Marvel are playing hardball.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because Fox came to a deal with Marvel - Legion and Gifted exist because of it. The two are working together where X-Men are concerned. But not with FF. Fox won't budge on that, so Marvel are playing hardball.
    But X-Men aren't in MvC? I thought the Frightful Four were in lego marvel 2?

But X-Men aren't in MvC?
    Because the game has been in development well before Fox and Marvel Studios started playing nice. Video games don't happen overnight. If we do see X-Men characters I would assume it would be in future DLC.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Incredible Member

Well Fox needs to make a movie in 2022 or the rights revert to Marvel, there have been talks about a Fantastic 2 with the same awful casting and also stupid rumors on bleeding cool about a movie about Franklin and Val, but there hasn't been any official announcement yet.

I really think they NEED to make a Sony-type deal with Marvel, FF as a brand cannot stand both Fox and Marvel shiting on it like this...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am getting sick and tried of this nonsense. All this does is result in both groups increasingly refusing to play ball with the FF, and all because of one petty minded Trump worshiping man child of a CEO thinking these edicts hurt anyone but fans.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Well damn, that sucks.

Nobody should really blame Marvel or Disney though, blame...IKE PERLMUTTER...
    Yeah. If it were up to the creative teams of Marvel divisions themselves, none of this would be happening. Marvel Games didn't hesitate to add X-Men to Future Fight the minute they got licensing approval. There's just not much they can do when a higher up says they can't. You either obey or you lose your job. Perlmutter is the villain here and who absolutely has to go.

Movie-inspired purges of classic Marvel characters is half of why Marvel is failing right now. They can keep digging their own graves

Doctor Doom may be licensed seperately, hence exemption. That is not to say that he will still be exempt when his current liscense run out, if it will ever run out.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

And why is that?
    Probably because they've (finally) seen they don't really have much of chance of getting the X-Men back anytime soon with Fox. Logan, Deadpool and various expansions of film universe show it's still pretty profitable franchise for Fox that can sustain itself. Plus Marvel and Fox have worked some sort of deal TV-wise with Gift and Legion.

The FF however, is much closer to death film franchise wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I only care about the comic side of things besides at least marvel is still doing something with Ben Grimm/the thing and Johnny Storm/human torch with Ben and Johnny getting their own series with marvel two in one, and Johnny remaining with the uncanny avengers, and victor von doom as the infamous iron man over in infamous iron man which will then carry over to invincible iron man as part of legacy when infamous iron man ends in September on issue 12.
    Outside media is just as important as comics in generating fans and interest, it's especially important in generating new fans. Video games like Ultimate alliance got me interested in Marvel and their characters so that when I had the money I would try out their comic books. This is effectively killing any and all new interest that could get people interested in the FF. Two-in-one is good for Ben, but it has never been an FF comic, it was a comic to showcase the MU. Doom has been a villain for the entire MU for years and is practically under the Iron Man franchise at the moment, so he's always been a special case.

The FF are being completely ignored and treated like they don't exist, like they are an embarrassment instead of the characters that started modern Marvel. It's upsetting that the only my favourite characters aren't showing up anywhere is because of politics. The FF and fans deserve better.

Eventually the movie bubble will burst and Marvel comics would have burnt bridges with fans over those movies.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-28-2017 at 04:45 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Well that sucks for fans.

This is downright tragic. I know X-men fans were complaining a lot about how Marvel treated mutants during their pro-Inhumans agenda, but even they've never had it this bad. While X-men are showing up in games like Future Fight and showing up in toy lines again, the F4 purge is on. Marvel is going out of their way to cut them out of pretty much every medium. Marvel Heroes was one of the last places where the F4 had a presence. Now, they're disappearing. That's just sad on so many levels. I want to believe that Disney/Marvel isn't that petty, but this makes the truth that much harder.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Well damn, that sucks.

Nobody should really blame Marvel or Disney though, blame...IKE PERLMUTTER...
    5 year old kid is more like it. Lets not forget the secret wars shirt that removed all the x-men and ff and female captain marvel (why?) and replaced them with inhumans and Netflix heroes!

You want to know what got me into marvel? Fantastic four! I was young and was only reading gijoe and transformers and star wars and would not touch any of marvels hero books. Then I saw a issue of fantastic four at my friends house with this cool rock guy and fire guy on the cover and had to read it! The next day I went down to raceways and got that issue of ff and started reading other marvel books!

If it wasn't for ff I would have just stopped reading comics! I never would have gave the hero books a chance.

Marvel really needs to fire that 5 year old and get a grown-up in charge and stop acting like babies! This is embarrassing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Marvel really needs to fire that 5 year old and get a grown-up in charge and stop acting like babies! This is embarrassing at this point.
    Disney can't without giving him a huge severage package and they don't want to.

Constaintin Film is going through times however where the rights might be sold but until they sell them back or work out a deal with Marvel, this crap will still continue.

Personally, I like the F4 villains more and Silver Surfer so this is still sad to me.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    I haven't played Marvel Heroes in a long time but I'm pretty sure Doom is the central antagonist of the campaign. Removing him would mean building a lot of the game from scratch (and that game is notorious for its content failings.) Comics wise I think Bendis had enough pull to say he wants to use Doom and actually manage to get him.

Wouldn't surprise me if a new campaign is in the works and Doom was removed, though.
    They could've removed Doctor Doom from sales but the only thing that is changed is Victor wearing his green outfit instead of his white Future Foundation default. Victor is still central antagonist and playable, and likely still has his random encounters in-game as well is a central player in the Skrull stuff later on. Marvel Heroes Omega is also out on PS4 and Doctor Doom is still the central antagonist of that as well. While Marvel could always withhold a launch (they did prior for a lot of X-men content) they didn't for Doctor Doom when it came to Omega's launch which is considered a separate game (despite it being largely a PC port). We don't know if he will be playable on PS4 or whatever console Omega runs on but chances are looking good considering that this is the best look at how much the FF ban blankets that franchise.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.