Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Glad to know people are finally listening to the crazy paranoids.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Disney can't without giving him a huge severage package and they don't want to.

Constaintin Film is going through times however where the rights might be sold but until they sell them back or work out a deal with Marvel, this crap will still continue.
    Yeah, getting rid of Perlmutter is complicated and won't happen unless he just genuinely wants to leave.

And honestly, I was baffled to find out that Constantin Films is the one who ACTUALLY owns the rights to the FF cinematic rights, while they just let FOX produce them. I mean, do they have some sort of contract that doesn't allow them to break away from FOX and go straight to Disney/Marvel? Because seriously, how dumb a company can be if they insist on letting FOX produce these movies knowing that every single one of them has been a box office and critical failure? And on top of all, they get shitty marketing for their movies because Marvel is not allowed to promote the FF in various medias.

A Conspir4cy thread is needed in this forum.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A Conspir4cy thread is needed in this forum.
    People will just call you crazy and paranoid while ignoring all the evidence in their face. Probably shouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Movie-inspired purges of classic Marvel characters is half of why Marvel is failing right now. They can keep digging their own graves
    You know? Those movies are the gateways for new fans now, the audience you need to keep the brands going. So, increasing the synergy between the comics and the movies could arguably be a good thing. (I speak from experience; I seek out comics that remind me of the movie versions that I like.)

Perlmutter really can't be gotten rid of that easily? Damn. Until he's gone, we're just gonna have to endure nonsense like this.

And I ain't letting this go about blaming Perlmutter. Sure, it's not like this is going to change anything, but I feel that the blame should be assigned where it should be, because Marvel and Disney aren't the ones to blame. At all.

Maybe it's what Reed Richards wants. To remove all knowledge of him and his family, so they can show up and take over later down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, getting rid of Perlmutter is complicated and won't happen unless he just genuinely wants to leave.

And honestly, I was baffled to find out that Constantin Films is the one who ACTUALLY owns the rights to the FF cinematic rights, while they just let FOX produce them. I mean, do they have some sort of contract that doesn't allow them to break away from FOX and go straight to Disney/Marvel? Because seriously, how dumb a company can be if they insist on letting FOX produce these movies knowing that every single one of them has been a box office and critical failure? And on top of all, they get shitty marketing for their movies because Marvel is not allowed to promote the FF in various medias.
    Probably because of they have a deal with FOX that gives them money; so if they are not legally tied to FOX, then going to Disney would mean no more money.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

I wish Ike would just leave & go hang with his buddy Trump. Trumpy could give him a cabinet job to keep him busy!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

This is, frankly speaking... I HATE this. One of the reasons I love Marvel is the shared world. The fact that there are so many characters that can interact with each other and Marvel Heroes, in particular, felt like a celebration of that. Now, to see five iconic character be 'locked' to only those who bought it pre-ban... it just makes me angry. I actually feel sorry for Gaz. They seem like Marvel fans, and I am sure they dislike this as much as the fans do. That said, this incident and the lack of PC-player incentive to jump over to the console is seriously making me wonder whether my time on Marvel Heroes, a game I love and have been playing since beta, is coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Probably because of they have a deal with FOX that gives them money; so if they are not legally tied to FOX, then going to Disney would mean no more money.
    Ok... and couldn't they just cut a similar deal with Disney? I mean, what even is the point of getting money from FOX when they're not even profitting from the FF movies? That last one was just a big waste of money. Constantin Films couldn't possibly be happy with that. If they're not legally tied to FOX and the rumors about a new FOX FF film are true, then I just really don't get what the heck they're thinking. They should be knocking on Disney's door right freaking now.

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    I wish Ike would just leave & go hang with his buddy Trump. Trumpy could give him a cabinet job to keep him busy!
    Well, he is working for Trump already. Unfortunately, that hasn't kept him away from his duties as Marvel CEO at all, apparently. I guess there's just way too much money involved for him to let that go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Perlmutter really can't be gotten rid of that easily? Damn. Until he's gone, we're just gonna have to endure nonsense like this.

And I ain't letting this go about blaming Perlmutter. Sure, it's not like this is going to change anything, but I feel that the blame should be assigned where it should be, because Marvel and Disney aren't the ones to blame. At all.
    Ike is Marvel and Marvel is Ike. Dude is literally the CEO. You can't absolve Marvel of blame when its CEO is the one to blame

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You know? Those movies are the gateways for new fans now, the audience you need to keep the brands going. So, increasing the synergy between the comics and the movies could arguably be a good thing. (I speak from experience; I seek out comics that remind me of the movie versions that I like.)
    Only if both sides are willing. See John Stewart at DC. What good was that cartoon show for him when no one cared for him in the comic side. Same with Cyborg & Vixen & Static and even Dick Grayson and all Teen Titans.

Remember when Winter Solider came out what did you get to see? A collection of Falcon's best stories. Same with Jessica Jones, Blade, Daredevil and most of the X-Men. You would be hard press to do that for Cyborg & Vixen & John Stewart.

Then you wonder why you can't sell Cyborg. Yet miles, Ms Marvel and so many others got plenty to toss in trades.

And no not everything has to be in sync with movies. You can just have stories because KIDS don't care as long as they like the story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Ike is Marvel and Marvel is Ike. Dude is literally the CEO. You can't absolve Marvel of blame when its CEO is the one to blame
    I think the point is KNOW who to blame instead of targeting folks who have nothing to do with it.

Trashing Moon Girl, Inhumans, all POC, all LBGT and that lot of books helps no one.

They are the RESULT of having to look elsewhere when a door is closed. Because logic would say if you go after those books shouldn't you go after the movies too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I disagree with that, because the thing is: the Marvel Divisions and Ike are not always on the same page. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet they rarely ever are. Just think about the **** that went down between Perlmutter and Feige; Marvel Studios had to literally splinter from the Marvel Entertainment tree so Feige could continue to do his work without having to answer to Perlmutter. THAT'S how much people hate working with the guy. And we know for a fact that Marvel doesn't share a lot of the same socio-political views of Ike. Like I said on another post, the guy is working for Trump while his company is literally making fun of the same guy in their comics. Does this sound like a ''the CEO and the company are one the same'' kind of situation? Because to me it sure as hell doesn't. The way that I see it, Ike is just there to cash in on the profits from licensing and marketing products, and then he'll make a decision or two based on that (like banning more female products because he doesn't think it will sell, or banning X-Men/FF products for movie rights reasons) that affects some of the things that creative teams can or cannot do, but doesn't represent what they actually WANT to do. So no, I don't think it's fair to say overall Marvel is to blame, because overall Marvel is just doing their job.