Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

If I thought it would do any good, I would push for all of us to do a massive email and/or letter writing campaign. Sadly, I fear that we would be wasting our time. The FF are trapped in a limbo of politics and they might not break free for a very long time. Who knows? If Fox finally produces a successful FF film, then some of us might not see the FF comic return until we depart this world.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the point is KNOW who to blame instead of targeting folks who have nothing to do with it.

Trashing Moon Girl, Inhumans, all POC, all LBGT and that lot of books helps no one.

They are the RESULT of having to look elsewhere when a door is closed. Because logic would say if you go after those books shouldn't you go after the movies too?
    Yeah, I think best way to put it. Focus the blame on the correct person instead of taking it out on the wrong people or things. Especially since lord knows all those comics and associated stuff get enough unnecessary hatred as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I disagree with that, because the thing is: the Marvel Divisions and Ike are not always on the same page. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet they rarely ever are. Just think about the **** that went down between Perlmutter and Feige; Marvel Studios had to literally splinter from the Marvel Entertainment tree so Feige could continue to do his work without having to answer to Perlmutter. THAT'S how much people hate working with the guy. And we know for a fact that Marvel doesn't share a lot of the same socio-political views of Ike. Like I said on another post, the guy is working for Trump while his company is literally making fun of the same guy in their comics. Does this sound like a ''the CEO and the company are one the same'' kind of situation? Because to me it sure as hell doesn't. The way that I see it, Ike is just there to cash in on the profits from licensing and marketing products, and then he'll make a decision or two based on that (like banning more female products because he doesn't think it will sell, or banning X-Men/FF products for movie rights reasons) that affects some of the things that creative teams can or cannot do, but doesn't represent what they actually WANT to do. So no, I don't think it's fair to say overall Marvel is to blame, because overall Marvel is just doing their job.
    That's true of every company in the world, though. A CEO makes a decision (good or bad), and the rest of the company must implement it, and the company is responsible. Of course, individual employees at Marvel are not responsible for this, may well disagree with it, and certainly shouldn't be berated for it, any more than we should be berated for strategic decisions of our employers.

So far as anti-Trump messages are concerned, well, you'd have difficulty finding many creative professionals in the comic worlds who are fans of Donald Trump - or at least so I'd imagine And any diktat to refrain from anti-Trump messaging would be all over the media in about as much time as it takes Trump to send a tweet at 7 am, US time.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I wanted F4 from the start of this game(since beta).Thing was my first character and Reed was my first presale pack.Mr Fantastic is my main.Now,thanks to Marvel's childish attitude,we see such a bad move against all of us who loved the First Family.Not even BUE made me quit this game but now i am close to stop it.Thank God for Marvel Ultimate Alliance.The last great marvel game.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    If I thought it would do any good, I would push for all of us to do a massive email and/or letter writing campaign. Sadly, I fear that we would be wasting our time. The FF are trapped in a limbo of politics and they might not break free for a very long time. Who knows? If Fox finally produces a successful FF film, then some of us might not see the FF comic return until we depart this world.
    FINALLY someone gets it.

You want to send a message to Marvel-do a petition on change.org and everyone who signs it will agree to buy the first arc (or at least 4 issues) of the book (no matter WHO the creative team is) and offer constructive feedback to Marvel.

If 35k sign it-that book should have 35K readers with 35K comments.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

FINALLY someone gets it.

You want to send a message to Marvel-do a petition on change.org and everyone who signs it will agree to buy the first arc (or at least 4 issues) of the book (no matter WHO the creative team is) and offer constructive feedback to Marvel.

If 35k sign it-that book should have 35K readers with 35K comments.
    I don't know how Marvel does things, but I've never seen a fan petition ever work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I don't know how Marvel does things, but I've never seen a fan petition ever work.
    Would it hurt to try?

And this one is folks putting MONEY where their mouth is. I say commit to buy 5 issues for $20. If not that do a $100 pagers for $10.

What I am saying if Marvel see PROFIT with FF that is a weapon they can use to present to Ike that there is a demand for FF.

Because what HE has ordered really plays into Fox's hand.

Fox has 5 years to do something with FF.

Release all three Fox films in a complete set.

Release the last version with all the lost footage.

Release if it is around Trank's original version of the film.

That is your last image of FF and the nasty backlash Jordan got is now stuck on FF.

And that frees Fox to do whatever they want. Fox's new FF could be X-23, Jubliee, Dazzler & Polaris. Marvel won't fight, so FOx can do what they want.

BANNED

FYI the only way to make corporations to listen is to boycott till they do.

And Feige left due to the MCC and Ike. AKA the people in charge of Marvel in general.

Fantastic Member

the FF being shelved is the reason I buy less Marvel these days.

hopefully, Marvels meeting tomarrow with LCS store owners (comicspro) someone will bring this up! not only that we need someone will balls to tell marvel (at this meeting) that we need the FF back free & clear!!

Marvel Heroes stinks now, anyway. Since the "Biggest Update Ever" it's a steamin' pile of ****.

iMan 42s

It's well established that the Fantastic Four movies are a case of significantly diminishing returns even compared to it's contemporaries of it's day. I wanted to write something hopeful about Disney and Marvel reclaiming the rights from Fox/Constantin but in the case of Constantin, they just don't care. Constantin primarily works in Germany and whatever they shove out or are apart of in the United States are films that didn't have much behind them anyways. Constantin just has so much going on in Germany that they just have the Fantastic Four, it hits enough of their expectations since they are so low and move on with a franchise that is bare minimum successful. It took them a decade for the the combined box office to match a single Spider-man film and Spider-man had three reboots in ten years. That's the kind of success they care about.

Disney and Marvel very well could shell out the funds to reclaim the FFr4nchise but the question is do they really want to? Nobody is going to trust a franchise that hasn't worked four times and three of which in ten years of their release. Marvel negotiated the release of Ego and possibly the Watchers so it's possible they could do it every so often for certain characters until Fox and Constantin have nothing to work with. Best solution is that Marvel slowly buys back viable properties until they get enough that they might as well have the Fantastic Four back.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Would it hurt to try?

And this one is folks putting MONEY where their mouth is. I say commit to buy 5 issues for $20. If not that do a $100 pagers for $10.

What I am saying if Marvel see PROFIT with FF that is a weapon they can use to present to Ike that there is a demand for FF.

Because what HE has ordered really plays into Fox's hand.

Fox has 5 years to do something with FF.

Release all three Fox films in a complete set.

Release the last version with all the lost footage.

Release if it is around Trank's original version of the film.

That is your last image of FF and the nasty backlash Jordan got is now stuck on FF.

And that frees Fox to do whatever they want. Fox's new FF could be X-23, Jubliee, Dazzler & Polaris. Marvel won't fight, so FOx can do what they want.
    Sure, i would buy it; but i havent seen one of those change.org petitions work for stuff like this.

Btw, anybody here want my stuff? I'd rather give it all away then just let it gather dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I wanted F4 from the start of this game(since beta).Thing was my first character and Reed was my first presale pack.Mr Fantastic is my main.Now,thanks to Marvel's childish attitude,we see such a bad move against all of us who loved the First Family.Not even BUE made me quit this game but now i am close to stop it.
    You can still keep playing as the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer...you just have to have them unlocked on your roster via purchase with Gs (cash bought currency for those who have never played Marvel Heroes) by 3 AM EST/12 AM PST on July 1st. I have them all unlocked and have since last year (Sue was my last core Four-er to be unlocked and I nabbed Surfer not too long after her). Also, Gazillion is going to still update/debug the five characters every now and then...as a matter of fact, they updated Thing in the most recent patch today.

I'll join the chorus of yes, it royally sucks that Marvel made Gazillion do this to keep the rest of the Marvel characters' rights. Even if the FF weren't my growing up and still overall favorites, I would most certainly still be of the opinion that this rights feud between Marvel and Fox has grown to being beyond ridiculous and not at all fair to fans, and especially nor the overall history of Marvel and its Universe.

I am quite frankly glad I collected the FF and Surfer when I did and have them on my roster, but I don't play them a lot due to their overall moveset/power 'ummph' and/or dialogue just not being my cup of tea thus far. But maybe I'll give them further whirls in my on/off build experimentation. Marvel's stance and crapola breaks my heart as a FF fan, but it won't stop me from playing because I personally have no beefs with Gazillion* and Marvel Heroes post-BUE, and have been and will remain just fine with the game.

Oh, and never ever let it be disputed that the FF have been, still are, and will always be my outright Marvel favorites...regardless of who my main gaming characters are.

Yes, that is a Bowen statue of Reed and bust of Ben (who are my most maxed out FFers in MH currently) and an acetate of Reed's first ever pin-up, and those are genuine color guides once used in the process of the creation of Fantastic Four #236, my all-time favorite comic book issue, FF and in general.

* - Remember, good people, this mish-mash is on Marvel and Fox's heads, NOT Gazillion's...Gaz is just doing what they're having to do to keep the other characters (including the X-Men), even if it seriously bites for those of us who dig the FF to varying degrees. Unlike a lot of people today, I understand that business is business, for better or for worst. That said, let me be that hopeless optimist...maybe the worst will eventually change to better when and if, IF Fox finally, FINALLY gives up their death grip on the FF OR they and Marvel can come to some bit of a compromise (I personally wish it would be the former). A little teeny tiny bit of optimism is certainly better than none at all...and I can't help but possess that with Gaz still willing to update/debug the FF and Surfer time and again in the future for those of us who have them and still play them AND are keeping the FF and Surfer's individual character sections active on their forums.
    Last edited by Maven; 07-05-2017 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Had an epiphany.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Marvel Heroes stinks now, anyway. Since the "Biggest Update Ever" it's a steamin' pile of ****.
    It's so **** it's now gone.