BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    1. One More Day
    2. The Gathering of Five/The Final Chapter
    3. The Other
    4. Spider-Man: Chapter One
    5. Spider-Man Reign
    6. Torment
    7. Spectacular Spider-Man 74 (of all the ways they could've ended the Deb Whitman story...)
    8. Spectacular Spider-Man 86-87 (of all the ways they tried to end the Black Cat story...)
    9. Amazing Spider-Man 289 (Ned Leeds is the HobGoblin, a poorly worked out conclusion to what started as 80s Spider-Man's most compelling sub plot)
    10. Maximum Clonage
    11. OMIT
    12. The "Death" of Mary Jane
    13. that one Spectacular Spider-Man issue with the Hypno Hustler, sorry Bill Mantlo
    14. Alpha
    15. Literally any single issue of Spider-Man by Howard Mackie, Marv Wolfman, or Denny O'Neil could go here, even with John Romita JR drawing the hell out of it.
    I agree with you on Denny O'Neil writing nothing good (for Spider-Man anyway), but I thought Marv Wolfman and even Howard Mackie wrote a few solid issues. Other than that, I would mostly concur with your list.
    Last edited by Masked Guy; 07-01-2017 at 08:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I thought you'd share a Futurama.. Newsrama or a CBR article, but I have no disagreement with your list.

Brother Power/Sister Sun and the Hate Monger is one of the most annoyingly dull stories I had the misfortune of sitting through.

The last chapter of Spider-Man 2099 handled by Terry Kavanagh is detestable, I don't know if PAD had the idea in mind, but I hate turning the brother I liked more into that evil jealous maniac cause his friend and half brother gained the love of the mother that hated him for long.
    The Brother Power/Sister Sun story wasn't really bad in my opinion, just...strange. I can't really comment on 2099 because I've read very little of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If you're memory said it didn't happen, I guess it didn't happen.
    I'm positive it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I agree with you on Denny O'Neil writing nothing good (for Spider-Man anyway), but I thought Marv Wolfman and even Howard Mackie wrote a few solid issues. Other than that, I would mostly concur with your list.
    The funny thing about Denny O'Neil's run on ASM is that I used to recall it as being "bad" and I actually stopped buying the title (the one and only time i ever did that) during his run and came back when Stern took over. But, honestly, re-reading the issues and looking back now, I think O'Neil's run is better characterized as "uneventful" and even kind of boring. Not much at all happened; there was a lack of classic villains making appearances and Peter's life just seemed to be in limbo at the time. I would consider most of Mackie's run to be "bad" but O'Neil's was just kinda blah and made worse by comparison as he was followed by Stern and DeFalco who had arguably the best run ever on the title outside of Stan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    The funny thing about Denny O'Neil's run on ASM is that I used to recall it as being "bad" and I actually stopped buying the title (the one and only time i ever did that) during his run and came back when Stern took over. But, honestly, re-reading the issues and looking back now, I think O'Neil's run is better characterized as "uneventful" and even kind of boring. Not much at all happened; there was a lack of classic villains making appearances and Peter's life just seemed to be in limbo at the time. I would consider most of Mackie's run to be "bad" but O'Neil's was just kinda blah and made worse by comparison as he was followed by Stern and DeFalco who had arguably the best run ever on the title outside of Stan.
    I would tend to agree with you there. Aside from Mud-Thing (which was terrible), O'Neil's run was extremely bland and forgettable. There's a good reason it's been forgotten by all except hardcore fans. And yes, his run becomes even worse when succeeded by Stern's.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Sins Past is easily THE worst of all time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Sins Past is easily THE worst of all time.
    Sins Remembered is far worse in my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    1- One More Day
    2- One Moment in Time
    3- Sins Past
    4- 90's Clone Saga
    5- Sins Remembered
    6- The "Death" of Mary Jane
    7- Maximum Carnage
    8- Gathering of the Five
    9- Power Play
    10- Peter's Robot Parents
    11- Peter Parker No More
    12- Superior Spider Man
    13- Clone Conspiracy
    14- Spider Man Civil War
    15- Spider Man Reign
    I would agree with all of those except Superior Spider-Man. While that saga had its flaws, I thought it was a very interesting study of Otto Octavius's character and what it means to be Spider-Man overall.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    Sins Remembered is far worse in my opinion.
    They are forever conjoined - like a bizarro peanut butter cup.

Think they've melding into a giant poo emoji in my brain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    They are forever conjoined - like a bizarro peanut butter cup.

Think they've melding into a giant poo emoji in my brain
    Now that's a pleasant image right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Well he also handled X-Factor which was the volume where Cyclops abandoned his wife Madelyne for the newly resurrected Jean.
    I've never read that story so I can't say.