Rucka's final issue is out today, so I feel it's a good time for voting on everyone's overall thoughts on his second run. How does it compare to previous runs? What are some things you feel should have been different? What changes did he bring to the character and her mythos that you loved and didn't love?

My verdict... absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite run of the main book thus far (sans Marston, of course). My overall breakdown:

Pros:
– Bringing Cheetah into the forefront of his series elevated her standing as a character and as a villain. It's what so many of us have been clamoring about, and Rucka's done it.
– The Amazons have returned. The New 52's depiction of the Amazons was one of the biggest slaps in the faces to longtime Wonder Woman fans. They've been reverted to the versions Perez created, and now Diana comes from a place of love and peace rather than anger and loneliness. While on the topic of the Amazons, he also brought back Philippus, which is something I wanted the most.
– Deimos and Phobos as major villains. Their foppish designs and personalities fit the characters well, and I really enjoyed that they were the overall big bads rather than the predictable Ares. Not to mention Diana's defeat of the brothers was marvelous.
– Godwatch, basically a modernized Villainy Inc. Rucka put time in bringing back classic rogues like Doctor Poison and Doctor Cyber, while also putting more effort in making Veronica Cale an interesting and formidable enemy, far more than she was originally in his first run.
– Steve Trevor back as Diana's primary love interest!
– Lots of feminism spread throughout the series. Wonder Woman is THE feminist icon, and there should *always* be themes of feminism throughout her series. Seeing Diana interact with all these female characters was fantastic.
– Ares not being the "big bad" he was set up to be. I never felt Ares was this big monstrous villain that everyone seems to think he is. I love that he is just perfectly content with loving submission.
– Stunning art throughout. Nicola Scott was my absolute favorite, followed closely by Bilquis Evely (one of my new favorite artists). Liam Sharp did magnificent work but I felt that his work was a bit less consistent than the two ladies. Mirka Andolfo provided my least favorite art by far.

Cons:
– Not a huge fan of Rucka's portrayal of Etta Candy. She lacks her fun "woo woo!" personality, and just seems way too serious for the character.
– The Gods appearing as patron animals was sort of bland compared to Azzarello's otherworldly designs.
– While I didn't mind it at the time, Wonder Woman did spend a lot of time incapacitated. This led to her supporting cast and villains getting the spotlights, but looking back there were probably better ways to do this.
– Rucka does love his pet characters, which I'm not a huge fan of. He brought back Ferdinand (which felt completely random in the scheme of the comics, since he's never referred to again), Veronica Cale, Io, and Sasha Bordeaux (who I couldn't care less about). He could have brought back other characters that writers have used in the past like Mala, the Kapatelises, or Mike Schorr, but nope.
– The conclusion to the run wasn't very satisfactory.