Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default My new ongoing comic, MAXWELL'S DEMONS, out from Vault Comics in Oct!

Hey all!

Some of you may remember me, many I'm sure do not. I used to be a fairly avid poster on past iterations of this board (especially the DC associated boards).

I'm very excited to announce that my first ongoing series starts Oct 11, from VAULT COMICS. Been working on this one for a while, and I'm VERY thrilled with how it's turned out. We're way ahead (3 issues in the can and all scripts written for the first arc) and I think we've created something really special here.

More information will be coming shortly, including interviews and details on its structure, but if you like big, grand science fiction with a slightly disturbed human heart, I think you'll dig this. We're cramming as many mad ideas and character moments as we can possibly fit in an issue, playing a lot of formal games, and just generally having the time of our lives doing it. Every issue is 24 pages, on some of the best paper and cover stock you can imagine.

My artistic collaborator is Vittorio Astone, who is doing some gorgeous work with both line AND color, creating all sorts of alien topographies and weird creatures. Vault has been wonderful about giving us room to follow our story wherever it takes us, and so much support in making it the best piece of work we can.

Aditya Bidikar is the letterer, and I think he's one of the most thoughtful letterers - and people - in comics. You may have seen his work on DRIFTER and MOTORCRUSH, and I'm giving him a bunch of fun challenges in MAXWELL'S, too.

So, for those of you who have a comic shop, I'd VERY much appreciate you showing your support by pre-ordering! I'll answer any questions I can (without upsetting my editors!) and as always will be around the boards.

For those who don't have a comic shop -- Vault is Day and Date Digital! So please mark it down as something you want!

I'd love to make much, much more of this book. I've had an incredible time working with this group of people, and I think the work we're doing is really special. Fans of large scale scifi will have a LOT to like here. If you like Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Neil Gaiman -- well, I won't claim to be on their level, but I will say that their influence on my work is apparent. But at the heart of it is always character, and if you give us a shot, I'm confident we can break your heart at least once an issue.

Here's the solicit! (I did not make the Sandman comparison -- my editor and publisher were those who have set that impossibly high, and flattering, bar).

MAXWELL’S DEMONS #1 (of 5)

Monthly
    All Ages
    Sci-Fi / Adventure
    6.625 x 10.1875, 24, FC, SC
    $3.99
    October 11, 2017
    UPC Code: 858761006119 00111
    Author(s): Deniz Camp
    Artist(s): Vittorio Astone
    Cover Artist(s): Nathan Gooden
    Letters: Deron Bennett
    Maxwell Maas may be the greatest mind the world has ever known, but at 10-years-old he has a lot to learn. Adventuring to distant worlds through his makeshift multiversal closet door, Max will encounter greatness and menace on a cosmic scale. Fans of Gaiman’s Sandman will feel at home in the expansive, daring universe of Maxwell’s Demons.

https://www.newsarama.com/35035-vaul...citations.html

Thanks! And please do ask any questions you might have!

Looks cool. Ill check it out.

Though can it be called an ongoing series when its a 5 issue mini? :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Looks cool. Ill check it out.

Though can it be called an ongoing series when its a 5 issue mini? :P
    Hah, thanks!

The first arc is 5 issues, then we take a break for a month or two, and we come back for another 5, and so forth and so on.

That's all predicated upon sales, of course, which is where I need the support! But me and my editors have talked about a total of 30-36 issues, and I've got about that many plotted.

That said! Every issue will absolutely, totally serve as its own thing. 24 pages per issue, and each story will stand on its on. If you miss the first couple issues and want to start at issue 3 -- you'll be able to understand it all. But the more you read, the more you'll see a kind of meta-story emerging.

But the goal is to reward people who read more, not punish people who read less. We're giving you a lot of story for your dollar!

BANNED

I remember seeing your posts from before I even registered on the forum, and found them to be insightful. I'll give this a look, want to support to new talent and all.

It will be available on Comixology, right? Because it isn't listed in the Vault Comics catalogue as of right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I remember seeing your posts from before I even registered on the forum, and found them to be insightful. I'll give this a look, want to support to new talent and all.

It will be available on Comixology, right? Because it isn't listed in the Vault Comics catalogue as of right now.
    Ah, thank you!

Yep, it will absolutely be available on comixolgy. I think diamond wanted an advanced solicit for some technical reasons, but it's not out until oct, I'm not sure if they've updated their oct releases yet. But it'll be there!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Ah, thank you!

Yep, it will absolutely be available on comixolgy. I think diamond wanted an advanced solicit for some technical reasons, but it's not out until oct, I'm not sure if they've updated their oct releases yet. But it'll be there!
    Alright, I'll subscribe to it once it becomes available.

Not sure how much my purchase will help though since I'm located outside of the US.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Whoa this is rad, brother!

I've missed seeing you around the boards, but figured you were hard at work.

I'll be sure to pick this up! Very glad to hear that each issue will more or less stand on its own. The market needs far, far more comics like so.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-28-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Thanks dude!

I think there's going to be a lot for you guys especially to like here. Play with some fun tropes, some big scifi ideas. It's going to get NUTTY. I've written all the scripts, and we're well into issue 4 already, and I'm so pleased with it.

And yeah, absolutely about the stand alone. I don't know exactly how much I can say right now, but we're doing something pretty unique. I am ALL about density/issue -- you know what my favorite comics are like, and I'm aiming to put that in here.

That said, my artistic collaborator is brilliant, and I've given him a lot of room to BE brilliant.

If you like big, ambitious scifi in the vein of Grant Morrison, you'll like this. If you like formal tricks, just wait -- we get experimental. And if you like heart...I think we'll find a way to break it. Or, at least, wound.

From small animals rustling in the front yard grass to cosmic gods beyond the borders of causal reality, we've got it all.

Here's a small sneak peek!

Last edited by Deniz Camp; 06-29-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Alright, I'll subscribe to it once it becomes available.

Not sure how much my purchase will help though since I'm located outside of the US.
    Every purchase, everywhere, helps! Your support means a lot to me!

Looking forward to it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Looking forward to it!
    Thanks, man! If I remember your taste correctly, I think you'll dig! Check back for more teases and what not, please!

And spread the word, my friends! Tell your shops!

Astonishing Member

upload photo internet

Delinquent in Eternity. MAXWELL'S DEMONS, out Oct. 11, from Vault Comics! Art & color by Vittorio Astone, letters by Aditya Bidikar, and written by me, Deniz Camp.

That last panel looks incredible, don't put any speechbubbles over it!
    Good luck on this new project, I'll put in my pre-order soon, my retailer wants them before end of July for October releases.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    That last panel looks incredible, don't put any speechbubbles over it!
    Good luck on this new project, I'll put in my pre-order soon, my retailer wants them before end of July for October releases.
    Thanks so much! Trust me, that's just the beginning! (literally, it's just the first panel of the issue). It gets MUCH better.

For all those who use twitter -- follow me for updates and sneak peeks!

Astonishing Member

He's opening all the wrong doors. MAXWELL'S DEMONS, Oct. 11th, from Vault Comics! Art by Vittorio Astone, letters by Aditya Bidikar, written by me, Deniz Camp!