Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Deniz, the second issue got recommended over at Multiversity yesterday!
    They're calling it, quote, "One of the most impressive debuts from last year, this much anticipated second issue looks to take the standalone format set by the previous chapter but jump forward in time to see Max as an older, more experienced adventurer."
    Thanks, I saw that! Very touched by the love, they named it one of the best issues of the month issue one came out too!

BANNED

Okay, now that I'm unbanned, I can gush about this comic and how amazing your work is Deniz. The first issue hit like a truck emotionally and I ended up reading it five or six times in total, just to get everything out of it that I could. While I really liked issue 2 as well and the imagination you showcased was extraordinary, that first issue may be my favorite single comic issue from 2017. Can't wait to see the next issue!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Okay, now that I'm unbanned, I can gush about this comic and how amazing your work is Deniz. The first issue hit like a truck emotionally and I ended up reading it five or six times in total, just to get everything out of it that I could. While I really liked issue 2 as well and the imagination you showcased was extraordinary, that first issue may be my favorite single comic issue from 2017. Can't wait to see the next issue!
    Wow, thank you SO much! Both for giving us a chance, and for your incredibly kind words! It means everything to hear from people who spend their time and money on the series, and is so gratifying to hear it struck a chord. I put a lot of myself into that first issue, and the third issue is a more direct continuation of it than issue 2. Issue 4 is also heavily 'feels focused'.

Thanks again for checking us out! Hope you like the next issues, too!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This might be a little premature, but can we expect a trade? If so, any idea when?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This might be a little premature, but can we expect a trade? If so, any idea when?
    Trade is DEFINITELY coming (the business model for a lot of these creator owned books kind of depends on it). As for when, I think June is probably a good bet; I know we're trying to use FCBD to promote it, so May would be ideal, but I suspect June is a little more realistic in terms of printing schedules.

Sometime may/june though, I think.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Trade is DEFINITELY coming (the business model for a lot of these creator owned books kind of depends on it). As for when, I think June is probably a good bet; I know we're trying to use FCBD to promote it, so May would be ideal, but I suspect June is a little more realistic in terms of printing schedules.

Sometime may/june though, I think.
    Good to know, thanks!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Good to know, thanks!
    Little update: looks like we are go for May on the trade!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...2018-solicits/

BANNED

Is your comic selling better on hard copies or digitally?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Little update: looks like we are go for May on the trade!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...2018-solicits/
    Thanks for the information, Deniz. I'll definitely be getting that trade when it comes out. I was hoping there would be a trade so I could add it to my shelf with all the other books I've gotten over the years. Also that second issue was one crazy ride. I think I liked it even better than the first one. I'm excited to see what you've got coming down the pipe next.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Thanks for the information, Deniz. I'll definitely be getting that trade when it comes out. I was hoping there would be a trade so I could add it to my shelf with all the other books I've gotten over the years. Also that second issue was one crazy ride. I think I liked it even better than the first one. I'm excited to see what you've got coming down the pipe next.
    Thanks again for all the support man! I think the trade will be very cool, and we're using Free Comic Book Day to kind of advertise for it. Our free comic book day numbers are INSANE!

I loved writing issue 2! That's my favorite issue of the first half (1/2/3), but we deliver something different in each issue I think. 3 & 4 are much more focused on Max as a character, trying to get you to understand and like/love him. Issue 5 is a big mindfuck that recontextualizes the whole series up to that point, and is my favorite issue of the whole series. Told on a 9 grid, and we REALLY use it to it's full potential I think.

Thanks again for all the support man! I think the trade will be very cool, and we're using Free Comic Book Day to kind of advertise for it. Our free comic book day numbers are INSANE!

I loved writing issue 2! That's my favorite issue of the first half (1/2/3), but we deliver something different in each issue I think. 3 & 4 are much more focused on Max as a character, trying to get you to understand and like/love him. Issue 5 is a big mindfuck that recontextualizes the whole series up to that point, and is my favorite issue of the whole series. Told on a 9 grid, and we REALLY use it to it's full potential I think.
    All of that sounds great especially issue 5. I love it when creators elect to use 9 grid and use it its full potential. There's a lot of things that can be done with it stylistically that can make a story really interesting visually. I recall King & Bagenda's Omega Men used it to great effect. I also like the sound of a mindfucking type of issue. Sounds like it'll be a blast to read.

Out of curiosity do you have anything else in the works? I know you probably can't give any details if you are and I'm not asking for any but I've been enjoying this one so much I was hoping that you are planning to do more books in the future.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=JasonTodd428;3532280]All of that sounds great especially issue 5. I love it when creators elect to use 9 grid and use it its full potential. There's a lot of things that can be done with it stylistically that can make a story really interesting visually. I recall King & Bagenda's Omega Men used it to great effect. I also like the sound of a mindfucking type of issue. Sounds like it'll be a blast to read.[\quote]

Thanks dude! Yeah, there are a lot of ways to use the 9-grid, and I think you'll find we're interested in it as a storytelling tool, not just as a sign of Serious Comics (tm). I loved Omega Men, I love Watchmen, I love From Hell, etc. The whole concept of the grid is actually central to the story itself, a metaphor for the conflict. I don't think it's been used like this before, and I'm super excited about it.

Out of curiosity do you have anything else in the works? I know you probably can't give any details if you are and I'm not asking for any but I've been enjoying this one so much I was hoping that you are planning to do more books in the future.
    Yes! I've got a number of stuff in the works, none of which I can talk about, all of which is exciting, and most of which is very different. One of them is a big scifi spy story, another is a gritty crime story, I've got an all ages OGN in the works, and a bunch of things in the pitch stage. Nothing to announce for a while (comics takes a long time!) but you should be seeing a lot more of me!

And, if all goes well, we'll be doing vol 2 of Maxwell's as well.

ALSO:

Here are some COUGHawardwinningCOUGH shorts I've done:

https://app.box.com/s/180udq7khrjzehcx4de29qsi1t5mfsab

https://app.box.com/s/s9m0bfxxhxe1mn19d8tz4tctlsqwxx9y

https://app.box.com/s/t0aivhz8rp5ptizg8zcy7u0zabbpheia
    Last edited by Deniz Camp; 03-17-2018 at 12:41 PM.

It sounds like there's a lot for me to look forward too. I can't wait to see those and a second volume of Maxwell's Demons would be awesome. Those shorts were amazing.

Astonishing Member

Hah, thanks! Glad you dug them!

I think my best stuff is definitely ahead of me. Hope you'll agree!

Astonishing Member

https://freecomicbookday.com/Article...axwells-Demons

Wee interview with Vittorio and I for with the wonderful folks at FREE COMIC BOOK DAY. Really excited to be a part of this event!