Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I remember way back, and this was during the time Wizard magazine was still around, there was an interview with an artist who was doing the new avengers series back before the whole Osborn becoming president, skrull queen and all that, and he said something rather interesting. Now I'm not quoting it, but it stuck with me because of something previously that Brian Micheal Bendis had said about Jessica Drew and her role as Spider-woman and her intellect and skills and all that fun stuff about her. (Can't remember why he was talking about her, but he was saying something about her and Jessica Jones and a few other characters at the time.) Anyway getting off topic here, so the artist said that he was either already hired as the artist for the new Avengers series (Skrull queen Jessica, Luke, Cap, Peter, Carol, was tony on the team at the time?) or he was being considered and Mr. Quesada came up to him and after introductions he either said something like "Oh you're the guy that can draw the" and he indicated big boobs, or he asked him to draw larger breast and more of a sexy look on Jessica when she came down the stairs for her introduction because of her pharamone abilities.

I guess that stuck out to me a lot from back then and made me wonder about his view point of writing. That the idea of the woman's body and the visuals were more important to him then the actual story line in regard to the tales being told. It does feel like Mr. Fraction did give a middle finger to the idea of breaking up the marriage.

I can't just pick ten of my favorites because there's a number out there. I think one of my favorite scenes is the one where Peter and MJ are out for dinner and he orders oysters with tiny pistols so that they stand a fighting chance.
    That is a very curious piece of information. I haven't read that interview myself so I can't really comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I'm not attacking him; his disdain for the marriage has been made abundantly clear by his own words and writing. He's also completely ignored and written off the many fans of the marriage in favor of his own agenda.
    My issue is with the specific claim that he is unable to see any value in the spider-marriage.

Your mileage may vary on this, but I think any person with even a third-rate intelligence should be able to see some benefits in a policy they generally don't like, and suggesting that someone is deficient in this is a strong accusation akin to saying they should never be in a position of any influence.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My issue is with the specific claim that he is unable to see any value in the spider-marriage.

Your mileage may vary on this, but I think any person with even a third-rate intelligence should be able to see some benefits in a policy they generally don't like, and suggesting that someone is deficient in this is a strong accusation akin to saying they should never be in a position of any influence.
    I'll concede your point there. I'm not implying that Quesada is unintelligent, I just think he's rather close-minded when it comes to the marriage. I suppose I can't judge too harshly since I can be rather close-minded with certain things as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I like to think so, particularly given his stance on the way female characters are and have been portrayed in comics. I can't imagine the man being happy about an interesting, three-dimensional female character being written out of the book so the male protagonist can engage in simplistic pursuits of various women with varying degrees of success.
    If I recall, Fraction gave an interview where he openly admitted ''To Have and to Hold'' was written as a ''take that'' against OMD, which at that point had been pretty much finalized [but was taking ages to come about due to Quesada's schedule and the fall out with JMS]

Times like this I really wish it had won the Eisner it was nominated for.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-13-2017 at 01:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If I recall, Fraction gave an interview where he openly admitted ''To Have and to Hold'' was written as a ''take that'' against OMD, which at that point had been pretty much finalized [but was taking ages to come about due to Quesada's schedule and the fall out with JMS]

Times like this I really wish it had won the Eisner it was nominated for.
    Yes, I agree that To Have and to Hold should have won that Eisner. Come to think of it, I actually don't know which comic it lost to.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    Yes, I agree that To Have and to Hold should have won that Eisner. Come to think of it, I actually don't know which comic it lost to.
    This kind of stuff can be googled.

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....award_winners/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Thanks for the link.

Astonishing Member

Amelia Rules! was robbed. That was an important story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Amelia Rules! was robbed. That was an important story.
    I would imagine most nominees would feel slightly robbed when they don't win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It happens. I really liked where MJ's subplot was going in the original Sins Past.
    Oddly enough, I was actually really intrigued by Sins Past until the big revelation hit. The story really fell apart after that.