Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Eleven Years Later, thoughts on the film SUPERMAN RETURNS

June 28th, 2006:

Exactly 11 years ago, I dragged a friend (at the time) to a showing of a movie that I had been waiting to see, in a way, since I last saw Christopher Reeve on the big screen.

SUPERMAN RETURNS

11 years later, and my hatred for this movie has only grown. Everything about this movie sucked at the time of release, from the main premise, to the casting of everyone except Kevin Spacey (and then the complete misuse of such a fine actor), the appalling color filter, the lack of action, the overabundance of navel-gazing, the betrayal of the character of Kal, the slavish yet strangely half-assed devotion to the Donnerverse interpretation, the fact that Lois' husband was easily more likeable and heroic than Supes himself.

I hated this movie then and I hate it now. Time had not been kind to this "film".

I love MAN OF STEEL precisely because it was the antidote to SUPERMAN RETURNS.

But that's just my opinion. What are your feelings on this movie, now vs when you first saw it: Better, worse, or no change?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-28-2017 at 07:03 PM.