Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, i'm fine with that moment, Peter and Norman are in a very low emotional place around that point and after a long battle, both are just laught of the absurdity of their situations, the difference, as always, is that Norman was consumed by his demons, long time and isn't really able to move foward, Peter is, and he has left that clear to Norman in their last encounters.

The dumb part is him saying that he doesn't really hate Norman, wich i call BS this man, as far as he knows, killed his child, there is no way that Peter doesn't hate him for that. So i'm just going to take that as him liying to Norman, to make that victory more empty.
    Oh, Peter definitely hates Norman. In fact, Peter has actually said that Norman Osborn is the only man he can truly say that he hates in Spider-Man vol. 1 #95.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    My personal favorite is JMS with Gerry Conway as second or alternate to him.
    Nailed it.

Brian Michael Bendis used to be cool, but now his story are just dull.

I posted a top ten list elsewhere.

10. Tom DeFalco
    Best Stories:
    Whatever Happened to Crusher Hogan (Amazing Spider-Man #273), Touch of Venom (Spider-Girl #5), Hero of the People (Webspinners #17-18)

9. Zeb Wells
    Best Stories:
    Behind the Mustache (Tangled Web #20), Happy Birthday (Amazing Spider-Man Extra #1), Shed (Amazing Spider-Man #630-633)

8. Paul Jenkins
    Best Stories: Field of Dream (Peter Parker Spider-Man #27-28), One Small Break (Peter Parker Spider-Man #30-32), Heroes Don't Cry (Peter Parker Spider-Man #35)
    He's been quite underrated. We don't really hear that much about him any more, even though he handled himself well in two different types of stories: pushing Spider-man through the wringer, or getting to a fundamental truth about the character in the space of an issue.

7. Gerry Conway
    Best Stories: The Night Gwen Stacy Died (Amazing Spider-Man #121-122), The Punisher (Amazing Spider-Man #129), The Green Goblin Lives Again! (Amazing Spider-Man #136-137), Spiral (Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 #16.1-20.1)
    Spiral might seem a bit out of place, but it shows his ability to do really impressive work 40+ years after he made his mark on Spider-Man.

6. Peter David
    Best Stories: The Death of Jean Dewolff (Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110), The Commuter (Amazing Spider-Man #267), Spider-Man/ Spider-Man 2099

5. Dan Slott
    Best Stories: Spider-Man/ Human Torch: I'm With Stupid, No One Dies (Amazing Spider-Man #655-656), Superior Spider-Man #1-10

4. Brian Michael Bendis
    Best Stories: Learning Curve (Ultimate Spider-Man #8-13), The Clone Saga (Ultimate Spider-Man #97-105)

3. J.M. DeMatteis
    Best Stories: Kraven's Last Hunt, The Harry Osborn Saga (Spectacular Spider-Man #178-190, 200)

2.Roger Stern
    Best Stories: Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut (Amazing Spider-Man #229-230), Hyde...In Plain Sight (Amazing Spider-Man #231-232), The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man (Amazing Spider-Man #248), The Hobgoblin Saga (Amazing Spider-Man #238-239, 244-251)

1. Stan Lee
    Best Stories: Spider-Man (Amazing Fantasy #15), The Master Planner Saga (Amazing Spider-Man #31-33), Spider-Man No More (Amazing Spider-Man #50-52), Disaster (Amazing Spider-Man #53-59)

Note: I've seen at least one list distinguish between Lee & Ditko as a writing team, and Stan Lee's post-Ditko work, given Ditko's role in aspects of the writing (plotting the major beats, storytelling, etc.) If you're going with that interpretation, solo Stan is in second place with Disaster and Lee/ Ditko is in first place.

I left out Millar, because his main contribution was one twelve issue story. With Wolfman and Mantlo, I think their best stories (The Return of the Burglar saga, The Owl-Octopus war) overshadow all their other contributions.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

10. Tom DeFalco
    Best Stories:
    Whatever Happened to Crusher Hogan (Amazing Spider-Man #273), Touch of Venom (Spider-Girl #5), Hero of the People (Webspinners #17-18)

9. Zeb Wells
    Best Stories:
    Behind the Mustache (Tangled Web #20), Happy Birthday (Amazing Spider-Man Extra #1), Shed (Amazing Spider-Man #630-633)

8. Paul Jenkins
    Best Stories: Field of Dream (Peter Parker Spider-Man #27-28), One Small Break (Peter Parker Spider-Man #30-32), Heroes Don't Cry (Peter Parker Spider-Man #35)
    He's been quite underrated. We don't really hear that much about him any more, even though he handled himself well in two different types of stories: pushing Spider-man through the wringer, or getting to a fundamental truth about the character in the space of an issue.

7. Gerry Conway
    Best Stories: The Night Gwen Stacy Died (Amazing Spider-Man #121-122), The Punisher (Amazing Spider-Man #129), The Green Goblin Lives Again! (Amazing Spider-Man #136-137), Spiral (Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 #16.1-20.1)
    Spiral might seem a bit out of place, but it shows his ability to do really impressive work 40+ years after he made his mark on Spider-Man.

6. Peter David
    Best Stories: The Death of Jean Dewolff (Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110), The Commuter (Amazing Spider-Man #267), Spider-Man/ Spider-Man 2099

5. Dan Slott
    Best Stories: Spider-Man/ Human Torch: I'm With Stupid, No One Dies (Amazing Spider-Man #655-656), Superior Spider-Man #1-10

4. Brian Michael Bendis
    Best Stories: Learning Curve (Ultimate Spider-Man #8-13), The Clone Saga (Ultimate Spider-Man #97-105)

3. J.M. DeMatteis
    Best Stories: Kraven's Last Hunt, The Harry Osborn Saga (Spectacular Spider-Man #178-190, 200)

2.Roger Stern
    Best Stories: Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut (Amazing Spider-Man #229-230), Hyde...In Plain Sight (Amazing Spider-Man #231-232), The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man (Amazing Spider-Man #248), The Hobgoblin Saga (Amazing Spider-Man #238-239, 244-251)

1. Stan Lee
    Best Stories: Spider-Man (Amazing Fantasy #15), The Master Planner Saga (Amazing Spider-Man #31-33), Spider-Man No More (Amazing Spider-Man #50-52), Disaster (Amazing Spider-Man #53-59)

Note: I've seen at least one list distinguish between Lee & Ditko as a writing team, and Stan Lee's post-Ditko work, given Ditko's role in aspects of the writing (plotting the major beats, storytelling, etc.) If you're going with that interpretation, solo Stan is in second place with Disaster and Lee/ Ditko is in first place.

I left out Millar, because his main contribution was one twelve issue story. With Wolfman and Mantlo, I think their best stories (The Return of the Burglar saga, The Owl-Octopus war) overshadow all their other contributions.
    That's a really nice list and one I largely agree with; I might move around some of the placements 4-10 but I can't argue much. I might supplant Zeb Wells with Bill Mantlo as I think Bill told more quality stories (beyond the rightly lauded Owl-Octopus War) than he is given credit for, including his 1970's MTU run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

10. Tom DeFalco
    Best Stories:

9. Zeb Wells
    Best Stories:

8. Paul Jenkins

7. Gerry Conway

6. Peter David

5. Dan Slott

4. Brian Michael Bendis

3. J.M. DeMatteis

2.Roger Stern

1. Stan Lee

Not that I'm saying, that those writers had the best SM stories, but these would be my picks from them, to include in such a list:

Tom DeFalco
    Best Stories:
    none

Zeb Wells
    Best Stories:
    Tangled Web #12, Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Year One

Paul Jenkins
    Best Stories: none

Gerry Conway
    Best Stories: Amazing Spider-Man #121

Peter David
    Best Stories: Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #103, 107, 118, Spider-Man/ Spider-Man 2099

Dan Slott
    Best Stories: Amazing Spider-Man #655-656

Brian Michael Bendis
    Best Stories: Spider-Men (keeping it 616)

J.M. DeMatteis
    Best Stories: Amazing Spider-Man #294, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #131, 132

Roger Stern
    Best Stories: all of his ASM (except #237 and Annual #17), Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #58

Stan Lee
    Best Stories: none