Default Bug! The adventures of Forager #2

Two weeks and still no topic about the second issue of this series? The enthusiasm about this little gem has already evaporated? Well, that'd be a colossal bummer! The idea of seeing all three Allreds working their magic on a DC maxi-series was almost unthinkable just a couple of years ago, so I'm not going to let it go unnoticed.

Anyway, between very explicative onomatopoeas (I love those!), references to the fact that Forager smells like crushed ants (do they even smell??), time loops coming together, WW2 portable radios being turned into mother boxes, our hero being showing off his skills as, er, a forager bug and Sandy the Golden Boy receiving a Orion-style face lift, everything's proceeding absolutely spiffily. I mean, the logic of it all is completely off-the-wall and you need ten minutes just to realize that it's an actual story you're reading, but spiffily nonetheless.

It's also a testament to Kirby's prolificness that we can get guest stars from not just one, not just two, but three different franchises (Blue Beetle, Sandman and the Losers) he worked on over the years in a single issue of a series where we're promised special guests at every instalment.

Spectacular Member

I'm personally loving this, only 2 issues in but still, it's fun, it's wack and it...works lol, story is hard to follow at times ( I think that's the point) but a simple re-read works for me, yeah I agree about the enthusiasm maybe subsiding, but that could be down to lack of funds from fans, I mean there's so many enjoyable main titles atm that people may not be able to afford it.

But yeah the Allreds' are doing a fantastic job so far, and by the looks of things have been given full reign more or less all the callbacks to Kirby's work are great too.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, this series is great.

Astonishing Member

Love this book, really do. There's just not that much to say. It's a perfect joyride through insane Kirby concepts and Bug himself is great. Even seeing like, Dan Garrett show up, and Sandman. And the other Sandman.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I love the series, but I'm pissed there's no Kirby 100 on the cover like with Kamandi Challenge. A crazy collection of characters Kirby has worked on is so obviously a Jack-focus book.

Yes, this is a legitimate reason for fanboy rage. the TPB better have a Kirby 100 icon.