Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Netflix Reveals Jessica Jones is its Most Popular Marvel Show

I know Jessica Jones isn't exactly the most acclaimed show on this board (though still up there), so it's important to note that popularity =/= quality. Still, it says something when the character with the least name recognition could garner the highest ratings according to Netflix's own metrics. Plus, it's rather interesting that Jessica Jones acts as the gateway for many viewers to the Netflix MCU, even if it doesn't follow chronologically, akin to watching Deep Space Nine before Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Essentially, if you watch Jessica Jones you are most likely to watch Daredevil, meaning that it is the second most watched show in the lineup. Following the pack is Luke Cage as the third most watched in this series. However, if Luke Cage was the first Netflix superhero show you watched, then it is more likely that you would then watch Iron Fist afterwards.
    Of course, Luke Cage's first day was enough to crash Netflix, and it's far too early to tell about the Defenders' numbers, but I'd love to see how Defenders and then Punisher compare ratings wise.

https://geeksofcolor.co/2017/08/27/n...r-marvel-show/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ies/587947001/

Outside of the 1st 4 episodes of Daredevil season 2 Penny and Dime just might be one of the best comic book related piece put to film. Jessica Jones is my favorite Marvel Netflix series. I also think it didn't IMO suffer the Marvel Solo Netflix shows slump where a few episodes feel like filler usually. Also I think Kilgrave was more interesting than even his comic book counterpart who I also saw as one dimensional.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Outside of the 1st 4 episodes of Daredevil season 2 Penny and Dime just might be one of the best comic book related piece put to film. Jessica Jones is my favorite Marvel Netflix series. I also think it didn't IMO suffer the Marvel Solo Netflix shows slump where a few episodes feel like filler usually. Also I think Kilgrave was more interesting than even his comic book counterpart who I also saw as one dimensional.
    I think Jessica Jones is the best example of the slump. It was hot in the beginning, fizzled in the end and picked up at the end vs Iron Fist that sucked from beginning to end and Luke Cage which took an epic nosedive after Cottonmouth was killed and pretty well didn't recover.

Though Jessica Jones arguably had the worst pacing, it was my fave of the show. It had the best developed protagonist and the best developed antagonist. If they had cut the show by maybe 2 episodes or so it would have been dam near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Also I think Kilgrave was more interesting than even his comic book counterpart who I also saw as one dimensional.
    Yes, agreed. And I like that the MCU in general tends to do that with its lesser known characters (hero and villain alike).

I caught an episode of X-Men: TAS the other day and the main villain there was Kilgrave. It was a Cyclops-centered episode and he's obviously my favorite character, but dammit, the entire episode bored me to tears. The complete opposite of Tennant's Kilgrave.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I think Jessica Jones is the best example of the slump. It was hot in the beginning, fizzled in the end and picked up at the end vs Iron Fist that sucked from beginning to end and Luke Cage which took an epic nosedive after Cottonmouth was killed and pretty well didn't recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though Jessica Jones arguably had the worst pacing, it was my fave of the show. It had the best developed protagonist and the best developed antagonist. If they had cut the show by maybe 2 episodes or so it would have been dam near perfect.
    Agreed on both posts. The format is improved with the Defenders (its faults lie elsewhere), but sticking to a 13 episode format better well mean 13 episodes of a main and consistent story. Otherwise, strike a deal for a reduced season with tighter pacing without feeling like entire episodes are there just for padding.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-28-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Netflix says JJ is the most popular show.
    -source, Netflix.

riiiiiiiiight. They say what they want for their marketing. Show the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    -source, Netflix.

riiiiiiiiight. They say what they want for their marketing. Show the numbers.
    If the numbers are given by netflix what difference does that make? The initial problem, the source, is still the same.

Extraordinary Member

It's deserved. Daredevil and Luke Cage are very good as well, but the Jessica-Killgrave conflict is the most compelling on-screen superhero-villain conflict since The Dark Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    -source, Netflix.
    What other possible source could there even exist?

Extraordinary Member

Netflix is using a weird metric to judge popularity.But in terms of ratings it's Luke Cage 1st then Iron fist,JJ and DD. I gotta say JJ is my second favorite behind LC tho.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1C5s46Ef6QSAWQ

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I friggen loved Jessica Jones. Loved Luke Cage a lot too, don't agree with like any of the criticisms I've heard except for having wanted more Cottonmouth.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

If it wasn't for Kilgrave, I don't even think I would've made it through Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I friggen loved Jessica Jones. Loved Luke Cage a lot too, don't agree with like any of the criticisms I've heard except for having wanted more Cottonmouth.
    Yup. JJ was my favorite (which I definitely was NOT expecting) and LC is my second favorite.

Surprised people had any issues about Jones outside of minor things. Overall they did a great job with the show and cast cannot wait for second season.

JJ is still the one I rewatch.

And I loved all the others.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium