Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Inhumans Trailer

This was much better than expected. The Royal Family all looked really good, especially Black Bolt. Lockjaw was awesome! I miss the tuning forks on BB and Lockjaws heads though lol.

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-29-2017 at 02:06 PM.

It's not for me. I've never been a fan of the Royal Family branch of the inhumans in comics, they just always seemed kinda dull. And on that basis, this adaptation is spot on cos it gave me exactly the same vibe. All dull 'worthy' character being all dull in their dull robes dulling about the place...

Also, the trailer was a tat sausagefest'ish. Blokes did most of the talking, blokes did all of the action... women mostly got captured.

Anybody else not impressed?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else not impressed?
    I think it looks like the Inhumans on a TV budget...

It looks good to me!

But,looks can be deceiving, so will have to wait to see if the show is really good.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Lockjaw looks awesome. Not sold on Medusa though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    This was much better than expected. The Royal Family all looked really good, especially Black Bolt. Lockjaw was awesome! I miss the tuning forks on BB and Lockjaws heads though lol.

I agree this looks spectacular.

Any chance of an Agents of SHIELD crossover?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I'm excited for this, but they missed out by not making it a one shot movie film. Marvel could have had another GOTG like success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I'm excited for this, but they missed out by not making it a one shot movie film. Marvel could have had another GOTG like success.
    I think Kevin Feige has earned enough credit that if he doesn't want to touch the Inhumans with a 10-foot pole, it probably is not a particularily filmable property.

looks kind of cool to me but idk **** about the inhumans and never watched AoS. i always wanted to read that inhumans series by jenkins & lee from the 90's though, just looks very cool.

kinda reminds me of the dune tv series from 2000.
    underwhelming sets and wannabe exotic costume designs.
    black bolt is okayish, but his special effect was horribly executed.
    medusa... that wig. guess her moving hair is saved for a special moment to surprise the non-comic reading audience.
    gorgon okayish, special effect little cheap.
    crystal. donīt like the hair pattern, expected more creativity.
    lockjaw looks fine for tv, but didnīt like his cute move in the end.
    karnak, he does karate, he must be asian. failed diversity motivation.
    not sold on maximus

as others mentioned, the population looks too homogenous. they apparently didnīt even try some trek weird nose inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I agree this looks spectacular.

Any chance of an Agents of SHIELD crossover?
    no but SWORD maybe
    (idk)
    Last edited by abulafia; 06-30-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think Kevin Feige has earned enough credit that if he doesn't want to touch the Inhumans with a 10-foot pole, it probably is not a particularily filmable property.
    GotG were nobodies and they made a film for them. I'd say that worked out fairly well. I think its a wasted opportunity.

Regardless, people can cry about the trailer, but it looks a helluva lot better than the cheesy CW shows at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    GotG were nobodies and they made a film for them. I'd say that worked out fairly well. I think its a wasted opportunity.

Regardless, people can cry about the trailer, but it looks a helluva lot better than the cheesy CW shows at least.
    It's not that they're nobodies. Ant-Man is a nobody. So was Tony Stark to the general public before he got a movie.

It's that the Guardians are your bog standard group if misfit delinquents in space, which is asy to make a good movie from even if all the characters would be completely new without ever even having been in a comic at all.

It's that the Inhumans royal family have such a fundamentally different set-up that IMO lends itself far better to episodic television than to a 2 hour movie.
    It'd be like making a 2 hour Game Of Thrones movie.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-05-2017 at 04:13 AM.