Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This is taken from another forum and there was a debate.
    DC AND Marvel in Domestic Box Office 2016
    by MovieFreak6385
    Quote-
    I'm going to copy paste a reply I have given you previously. You seriously call kiddie crap like BvS SS mature!? MCU if anything was the one with mature CBMS this year and all the previous years.
    Let me break it down for your tiny brain.
    Civil War was about whether power should be placed in the hands of the government or not. It focused on Tony and Steve's differing ideologies and explored how complex there personalities are. It had lots of depth such as the final battle in which Tony found out what really happened to his parents. Bucky's line "I remember all of them" just added to the emotion of that scene. Unlike BvS that touched upon all this mature subject matter but executed it horribly, seriously Martha?Barf!
    Doctor Strange was a very intelligently told story along with having great humor and action about moving on from past scars and how there are other ways to help people even if you can't perform your previous profession. For example when Strange and the Ancient One were having an emotional moment on the balcony as she was dying and talking about how sometimes people have to move on towards death. It also had a very clever ending with strange trapping Dormammu in a time loop.
    What did BvS give us other than a bunch of slow motion shots with sad music and a bunch of religious allegory? It tried to be deep and philosophical but utterly failed and ended up being an explosion fest with wooden acting ,terrible humor, sub-par action save for a few scenes and a messy plot.
    Suicide Squad was even worse than BvS with an absolutely awful villain that makes every MCU villain look great. It had terrible acting save for Will Smith and Margot Robbie, Below average special effects and action and a very cheesy if not cringe worthy climax. On top of all that being a dumb explosion fest that wasn't even fun.
    Both BvS and SS were as far from mature as you can get. Dark lighting, Religious allegory, bad jokes, slow motion with sad music and flashbacks don't equal amazing and mature.
    Deal with it kid Civil War and Doctor Strange were both way more mature than any DCEU movie. Only some dumb emo 5 year old would think a DCEU movie is amazing and mature.
    Now just for good measure....
    LMAO AT Batkid v Superkid: Dawn of Kiddieness and Kiddie Squad.
    DC gave bad kiddie movies Marvel gave us mature movies.
    For the kids as DCEU movie are for the kiddies.

DC AND Marvel in Domestic Box Office 2016
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/...read/264805716

By the way i like the dceu movies but i like the marvel mcu movies on average more so.I think the mcu movies are on average are better then dceu movies by the way.I have not seen SS ,yet,but i have seen bvs,man of steel and bvs extended cut and i think the they vary from good to really good and mcu movies i think are really good and more exciting on average to me.Anyway you should check out some of these views about the mcu and dceu.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-15-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It's interesting.
    The same dceu vs mcu talk from other places is talk about the same way here.

Quote Originally Posted by murcat View Post

I like Marvel films, they are funny and more cartoony than what DC is trying to do.
    I don't want DC to follow Marvel's outline for their movies. I want Marvel's funny, a lot of times no real tension films and I want DC's serious action filled films.
    We're several films in in the Marvel universe and there doesn't feel like there is any real danger for their heroes. Thor takes a subway ride during his climax. Starlord break dances during that climatic battle. No one big has really died, just secondary characters. DC's decision to kill one of their most iconic characters was a bold move that set the tone for the universe going forward. The battles have consequences and are dangerous. Characters will die.

I disagree.
    There are others that would disagree with this view as well.

I WILL post this one time and leave BECAUSE I don't have time anymore for this.
    Here some chat about this another stuff from another form.Check out the links too.

by msdantemax
    Sigh, you have no idea how much I hate the constant "DC is more serious, mature and dark while Marvel is kiddy, dumb and bright" comments.
    Sure Marvel films are light in their tone but that's for a reason, you know why so many comic book movies in the past have been recieved so badly? Because their tone was overly serious, something that didn't allign well with the fact that they were based off of comic books. Remember Daredevil?
    The reason Marvel utilizes the comedy element isn't because it's a "dumb flavor of the month" thing, like Snyder put it, but a storytelling element to break down the wall between seriousness and comic book movies.
    If a comic book movie takes itself too serious while still utilizing sci-fi/CBM elements it will simply not work well as the suspension of disbelief within the viewer won't kick in. The comedy element creates a illusion of self irony wich breaks the wall and allows Marvel to go full on comic-book. Hence the helicarriers, Hulk, spaceships, aliens, gods, ant-riding-thieves etc.
    If a film purposefully goes full on broody like BvS did it needs to base itself more in reality (like the TDK trilogy did), the viewer won't be able to suspend his disbelief as much if the heroes constantly frown and appear super-serious.
    Say or think of the DC/Marvel war what you will but this "we're dark and thus more worthy" sounds like a petulant 13 year old wearing a Metallica T-Shirt while watching anime.
    DC chose to go with a tone and storytelling concept that simply doesn't work as well as the MCU concept does, they need to adjust their tone or keep going with it. But this has nothing to do with maturity, longevity or seriousness. Just a mere faux-pas in the writing departement

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/...read/255611334

Dark humor not 12 year old rumor like marvel

POSTED By ----
    Wrong.
    So he is kinda hot is dark humor?or the jokes lois lane had in mos was darker humor then anything in the mcu?
    Get out out here with bias DC non-sense.The humor in the mcu films is no more kiddie then current dc films.

The humor in the mcu is for kids and older folks,so it's not just 12 year old humor.
    In fact the humor in the mcu is more targeted to teenagers and adults then younger kids on average and it is suppose to be like that and should be like that on average anyway.
    Mcu MARVEL formula

The mcu netflix shows-

by MamaLukuBuku
    The formula works, and I will tell you why they shouldn't apply it to
    future films: Tiers that offer something a little different for all
    kinds of fans.

Tier 1: Films- Big budget, over the top, with a target audience of
    kids. This is where the money comes from that makes the other 2 tiers
    possible. They can juggle lighthearted and semi-serious here without
    ruining their target audience.

Tier 2: TV- Agents of Shield and Agent Carter. Dramas that cater to an
    older crowd, not necessarily meant for a younger audience. Fills in
    gaps here and there for the movies. Shows a much bigger world of the
    MCU.

Tier 3: Netflix- This is where Marvel can let loose in a no holds
    barred grimy bloodbath for the adults. This is the "graphic novel"
    section of the MCU. Super focused, and as real as it gets with street
    level heroes.
    3 different levels of the MCU for different kinds of fans. Of course
    some fans will enjoy all 3 so they have the full MCU experience, but
    what they are doing is perfect and they shouldn't change it.

By the way i see the mcu movies targeted for kids and adults
    and they are more serious then some
    folks think,more so the captain
    america movies and hulk movie.
    The mcu shows have stronger stories on average then the mcu movies

Keep in mind dc shows is lighter in tone then the marvel mcu shows and about the same tone as mcu films overall.In fact the mcu tone is closer to the early dc films like superman 1 and 2 overall.Of course marvel fox movies are darker in tone then the mcu but darker does not better.
    Justice league will be lighter in tone THEN bvs anyway and some of the other upcoming dc films.
    Civil war will be the darkest mcu film so far.
    Darker by the way does not mean deeper.in fact the marvel films and shows are deeper then dc shows and movies.
    This is what some else said about mcu and current dc.

Marvel movies have a tight script, lovable and interesting characters and a very relatable world and tone - it doesn't feel as foreign as the DCEU feels - which is strictly thematic in its design. So yes, Marvel might have a formula - but it works and each film is unique in its own right.

Marvel mcu vary from good to really good on average from critics and audiences.They make smart films,there stories are strong,they have strong character development and good to really good action scenes.

Why Marvel’s Success Story is More Than Just a ‘Formula’

http://screenrant.com/marvel-movie-formula-brand/

All mcu movies are rated higher on average then dceu movies from critics to audiences,like it or not.
    All are mcu movies are RATED higher then dceu movies on the Rt Tomatometer and Audiences liked scores.
    None are rotten on RT.
    Keep in that mind people.

Note-most of the mcu movies if i could recall do not have world ending events by the ways.

The Marvel Formula is why Critics hate DC?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keUFPNdbRHQ

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This is from the imdb batman v superman forum
    Hang on, didn't IMDN nuke its forums a few weeks ago?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hang on, didn't IMDN nuke its forums a few weeks ago?
    Yes,but i saved some of the comments.
    I knew it will come in handy when mcu film bashing happens.

So, new trailer. Guess it's not worth starting a new thread:

My thoughts(from the Inhumans thread):
    So,about the trailer: It's really much better than the first one. I wish they would've just waited more and released that only, the response to the show would definetely be less negative. A better editing and music makes all the difference.

I think the Medusa scenes with her hair moving are pretty great. It's just how I imagine it would/should be, and it's pretty cool. The wig itself is still horrible though, so when she's just standing there without her hair moving it still looks bad. Triton looks just terrible though. The actor who plays him it's pretty hot so that's sad. And... Is he talking to Crystal at the beginning? It looks like it, but, it doesn't quite make sense. But since they already made some changes like Maximus being human, who knows... I also see no problem with how she looks, I always prefered the black thing as part of her hair rather than a headband.

Also, watching the panel, Serinda Swan seems like the most enthusiastic of the cast. I feel kinda bad for her that it's her character who got the most negative feedback.

BANNED

Looks like it is not in continuity with Agents Of SHIELD then...

I'm liking it so far. and Triton has at no point in his comicbook career looked not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Looks like it is not in continuity with Agents Of SHIELD then...

I'm liking it so far. and Triton has at no point in his comicbook career looked not terrible.
    I didn't find see on the panel videos(or the trailer, obviously), but people are saying on reddit/twitter that they mentioned the thing about terrigen on the water from AOS...

Triton under Steve McNiven's pen looked awesome but he felt like the character you would just cut out anyway.

I thought who he was talking to was the new character, the woman at the aeronautics company. She becomes an inhuman i guess.

BANNED

Maximus human??!?!?!?!?!?!?

why the hell would they spoil that in the trailer. I'm so unhappy

2nd trailer is better than the first. I agree Triton looks bad, but I like everything else.

BANNED

Why would they film such a cheap looking show in IMAX?

Makes zero sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian View Post
    Why would they film such a cheap looking show in IMAX?

Makes zero sense to me
    Here's the real issue with the IMAX release IMO. The first trailer was bad this is meh at best and if this bombs in theaters you start off with bad press before even airing on TV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Here's the real issue with the IMAX release IMO. The first trailer was bad this is meh at best and if this bombs in theaters you start off with bad press before even airing on TV.
    Pretty much

I can't really stand any of the network cable ABC/CW/FOX shows anyway. They all come off as cheaply made and seem like they're primarily aimed at teenage girls or something with all of the romantic arcs and angst (Arrow is the worst of the worst after a promising debut season).

Marvel should just confine every TV show they do to Netflix. I'd love to see Punisher and Ghost Rider interact (with Moon Knight thrown in for good measure).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian View Post
    Pretty much

I can't really stand any of the network cable ABC/CW/FOX shows anyway. They all come off as cheaply made and seem like they're primarily aimed at teenage girls or something with all of the romantic arcs and angst (Arrow is the worst of the worst after a promising debut season).

Marvel should just confine every TV show they do to Netflix. I'd love to see Punisher and Ghost Rider interact (with Moon Knight thrown in for good measure).
    Arrow is the worst of the worst? Clearly you didn't see last year's season finale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Arrow is the worst of the worst? Clearly you didn't see last year's season finale.
    I haven't watched since the 2nd season and have no interest in revisiting.

I tuned out when the show switched from Queen kicking ass to the sappy romantic stuff being constantly shoved down your throat every episode.