Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The problem with Black Bolt is that his most famous power is unuseable, because a whisper would destroy a continent. You can bet the show is going to nerf the hell out of that power. It's Chekov's Voice: if you tell us about how devastating Black Bolt's voice is, you gotta let him use it sooner or later.

They'll probably have him use some device that translates his thoughts directly into an audible form so he can talk without having to TALK.
    Isn't he also supposed to have strength rivalling the Hulk too? Looks like he was having a bit of trouble with those cops.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Inhuman Royal Family of the comics have power levels that are much too high for the established power levels of the MCU. It's going to have to be brought down, and a lot of hardcore comics fans are going to have a problem with that. "Hey, Black Bolt just sighed! Why does the world still exist?" But the general movie-going public will be fine with it... as long as it's a good show, which remains to be seen.

Nearly all very very powerful characters from comics are nerfed when making live action adaptation, or even animated adaption. Superman, Flash, Hulk, Thor. It's just how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He needs to be nerfed for the show because he cant have a power you can never use on your budget.. Hes strong enough to fight Hulk hand to hand. Yes much like magento he uses his powers to beef up his physical attributes but a night stick could never hurt him. And a low whisper from him can level a city screams are said to range from a nuke to a planet buster. He doesnt do it so you only have non continuity and dialogue to base that off. (Havent read comics in years maybe thats changed.)

Still he needs to be nerfed for the show to work and alow him to use his powers. Also if they followed the comolics he wouldnt grunt,sneeze,Snore, or sigh. His discipline is off that charts because it has to be. Still wish this woulda been a movie. Woulda been so much better
    If he is charged up he can take on the Hulk.

So far from the little we have seen we cannot tell what is going on. Again, given that he is wearing normal clothing it's likely that he is not in a charged up stated.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    this was the first time i really took note of black boltīs power level:

venom took down hulk and thor, before being neutrialized by black bolt.
    but night sticks, yay
    That's a scream and he is wearing his costume meaning that he is charged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't he also supposed to have strength rivalling the Hulk too? Looks like he was having a bit of trouble with those cops.
    It appears that there's a good number of people that dont actually know what his powers are and are basing their critique on this lack of knowledge.

Looks like that version of BB skipped leg day.

I wasn't a fan of this being a TV series because of budget issues and that first image with Blackbolt sans iconic mask and a lazy ass Medusa also worried me. This trailer pretty much killed all hope I had for this to be a good show. It looks like despite Agents of Shield growing into quality, two stellar though slightly uneven seasons of Agent Carter, three out of four Netflix shows being top notch, unique and memorable, they are going to drop the ball with the Inhumans. Depending on how you look at it, this might be for the best, although heaven help us if this causes them to retcon Ms. Marvel from being Inhuman to something else just to remove the stink they left on the Inhumans brand with this.

Not quite rivaling the Hulk, except when he uses all of his power in one shot once known as the "Master Blow" but he is capable of giving most super strength folk in the Marvel universe a run for the money in a fist fight.

He also has/had electrical or electron I forget exactly which because they aren't brought up as much as they should be, powers as well. He is like Iceman or Warbird/Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers in that people use the character for the one thing and it is usually his supposed to be instant KO voice power.

I'll give it a shot. While the trailer doesn't convince me this'll be a hit, there are certain aspects that intrigue me.

Filmed in Hawaii. Nuff said.
    I'm sure Medusa will let loose at some point. Crystal, too.
    I don't mind how Lockjaw looks at this point. It'll have to improve if they plan to keep using him, though.
    I wasn't planning to catch the IMAX part of this, but I've changed my mind.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I see people talking about the budget and saying stuff like "This would never work on TV!" and it annoys me cause it's not the impression it gave me. What I felt watching the trailer is that they just didn't put much effort into it. It was a super rushed production without attention to details. If they can make Lockjaw look good and film it on IMax camera, they should be able to do stuff cheaper than that.

The scenarios and the overall aesthetic look super bland, doesn't feel like that's a kingdom and those people are royalty. Medusa... I mean, couldn't they at least give her a super long wig? That went all the way to her foot or closer to it? And at least stylize it to be more volumous or something so it looks like that's some damn magnificent hair?

I think the trailer itself is bad too. It cuts on weird parts, and they say stuff like "Astonishing saga never seen in history" while showing some random scenes of the Royal Family being escolted by guards and Black Bolt on earth. Even if it's the first episode, put all the best impressive scenes on the trailer. There's nothing to make it look like it's exciting, like even Iron Fist had.

Extraordinary Member

This is a fun reaction.
    Marvel's Inhumans Official Trailer 1 Reaction
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHpNFt4lRQ

Extraordinary Member

No,his strength level does not rival the hulk.
    * Superhuman Strength: Black Bolt, like all Inhumans, is superhumanly strong. Physically superior to the finest human specimen and to some inhumans, under normal circumstances he's able to lift a couple of tons. However he can augment his physical strength by channeling the necessary particle energy through his body. His base strength level while under these conditions is at best undetermined, for while at his peak he is listed at class 60, Black Bolt has been observed fighting opponents dynamically superior matching them blow for blow such as Thor, Gladiator, The Thing and even The Incredible Hulk in hand-to-hand combat. The latter acknowledging him to be very close to him in strength.[53]
    Strength level
    Normally enhanced to the point where he can lift more than 5 tons, but he can amp his strength to Superhuman classes between 75-100 ton range.
    If blackbolt Strength level rivalled the hulk then that would be years ago.
    Since then hulk and thor overtime are much stronger then they were since the 60's and 70's.
    Hulk in a calm state lifts around 90-100 tons,but when hulk is angry it goes beyond that.
    Now blackbolt's overall power levels rival the hulk.
    Blackbolt's Durability is 3 by the way from 1-7.
    The same as jessica jones.
    Both have Durability lower then luke cage.

Powers and Abilities info is here.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Blackag...28Earth-616%29
    Last edited by mace11; 07-04-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    If he is charged up he can take on the Hulk.

So far from the little we have seen we cannot tell what is going on. Again, given that he is wearing normal clothing it's likely that he is not in a charged up stated.

That's a scream and he is wearing his costume meaning that he is charged up.

It appears that there's a good number of people that dont actually know what his powers are and are basing their critique on this lack of knowledge.
    Not charged up hes stronger the MCU Cap,Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. A night stick shouldnt hurt.

Also that scan isnt cannon its a what if story... His voice has also turned apocalypse into a pile of goo in non cannon storys. In that issue of what if His scream also completely destroyed everything in its path not just the mountain. It dug a huge trench below the mountain. If he aimed that into the earth it would be an issue.

BANNED

Not charged up hes stronger the MCU Cap,Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. A night stick shouldnt hurt.

Also that scan isnt cannon its a what if story...
    Scans that are canon for this show do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Scans that are canon for this show do not exist.
    He was claiming nobody but him knew how BlackBolts powers work. In refference to the show his powers have to be Nerfed to work on tv. Im not upset about that at all. The set design was the only thing that bothered me.

He was claiming nobody but him knew how BlackBolts powers work. In refference to the show his powers have to be Nerfed to work on tv. Im not upset about that at all. The set design was the only thing that bothered me.
    What bothers me is taking everything off the moon and putting them in Hawaii like it's some kind of sitcom.

A poster just linked a couple of descriptions of BB saying when not charged up he can lift 2 to 5 tons.

Im going to take a wild guess that they are going to go for the lower amount. MCU cap can punch Iron Man and hold helicopters from taking off, he is probably as strong as standard BB. Luke Cage and JJ are waaaaaaay above cap. And Cap can still be hurt by a punch.
    Also that scan isnt cannon its a what if story...
    did it get his power wrong?

His voice has also turned apocalypse into a pile of goo in non cannon storys.
    a small grunt?

In that issue of what if His scream also completely destroyed everything in its path not just the mountain. It dug a huge trench below the mountain. If he aimed that into the earth it would be an issue.
    it was a scream as described not a small grunt.

You guys are really going out there to hate on this.

he lead out a small grunt, he did not let out a word at normal volume or a scream. AND he is likely not powered up. Why is this difficult to understand?

Do yo guys have issue with Hulk? Cause he is another character that gradually gets stronger. Abomination, who cant pump up, can actually beat the Hulk cause his standard strength is higher than what Hulk starts with. So if he can get to him before hulk pumps up he can win.