Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Excuse me Mr. Slott, but could you.....

Please use more of your creations? I've been reading Spider-man since Dan Slott's takeover and I really like some of his creations and plots, but I don't get why he doesn't revisit them much. I mean really, I loved Paperdoll and I haven't seen her since her first debut......like nothing. Also what happened to Freak? When will we see Carlie Cooper again? Vin and Michelle? Lilly Hollister? Ana Kravinoff? The original Jackpot? Alpha?

The list can go on, but I do really like some of his creations that just gets discarded it seems down the line and will probably never be picked up. Only Mr. Negative and Officer Watanabee really get to stay around with more and more focus on Spidey's older villains. (That are usually reinvented in some way)

Even Clash has fallen by the wayside and he got retconned into Spidey's first villain. Should I really take a vested interest in Anna Marie since she'll probably disappear depending on what will happen with Parker industries.

Also any Dan Slot creations you want to come back?

iMan 42s

Anna Marie is honestly one of my favorite Spider-man characters in recent years and I'm sure so long as Otto is around we will continue to see her. Clash is also a big favorite of mine and I genuinely liked the Learning to Crawl mini. Clash feels a lot like he has the potential to be a big name villain or even antagonist at the very least to Venom. Though if Clash isn't used in the Spider books again I'd be into another book picking him up since it's too good of a character to just sit around.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

Hi. Expect at least 1 or 2 of the characters you've mentioned to show up in the not too distant future.

Possibly more. ;-)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Hi. Expect at least 1 or 2 of the characters you've mentioned to show up in the not too distant future.

Possibly more. ;-)
    Oh my god yes!!! Thank you Mr. Slott!! I'll be patiently waiting to see who comes up down the line.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I wanna see Overdrive take on the Spider-Mobile. Anyone else?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

No offence Slott but to be honest I think the only decent new/BND era Spider-Man villain is Mister Negative. Not exactly screaming to see Overdrive, Menace, Paperdowl and Freak back.

Ana Maria though, she's cool. In a perfect world she and Otto could have a happier ending. Ah well, he's a Nazi now so no chance of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    No offence Slott but to be honest I think the only decent new/BND era Spider-Man villain is Mister Negative. Not exactly screaming to see Overdrive, Menace, Paperdowl and Freak back.

Ana Maria though, she's cool. In a perfect world she and Otto could have a happier ending. Ah well, he's a Nazi now so no chance of that.
    I completely agree. Almost none of the villains from Brand New Day were interesting or memorable; a sentiment plenty of others seem to share considering most of them (Mr. Negative excluded) have barely appeared or been mentioned since. I admire that the Brain-Trust wanted to freshen things up with a slew of new villains and supporting characters, but just about all of them unfortunately ended up being clunkers.

But yes, Anna Maria Marconi has been a pretty solid supporting character.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Even Clash has fallen by the wayside and he got retconned into Spidey's first villain. Should I really take a vested interest in Anna Marie since she'll probably disappear depending on what will happen with Parker industries.

Also any Dan Slot creations you want to come back?
    Clash did just show up, like, four issues ago. I'm sure he's gonna turn up again.

(Honestly, I kinda would like to check in with Alpha. I really dug that Joshua Hale Fialkov/Nuno Plati miniseries.)

BANNED

I was wondering whether or not Dan might be bringing back characters as a way of maybe commemorating ten years on the book and of the BND era.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I completely agree. Almost none of the villains from Brand New Day were interesting or memorable; a sentiment plenty of others seem to share considering most of them (Mr. Negative excluded) have barely appeared or been mentioned since. I admire that the Brain-Trust wanted to freshen things up with a slew of new villains and supporting characters, but just about all of them unfortunately ended up being clunkers.

But yes, Anna Maria Marconi has been a pretty solid supporting character.
    So happy you two like Mister Negative and Anna. Otto isn't a Nazi (hes merely using resources...no different than Black Widow posing as an undercover agent) and the Brand new day characters are far from clunkers (Jackpot got a cool mini), but if you don't like them...its your opinion. At least the two characters you like do still get used here there.

I want to see some clunkers in future stories, thanks.

Also the name escapes me, but who was that character that came out around the time of Freak...I think Spidey fought him in the snow or maybe he just brought the snow with him. I can't remember his name and even looked him up to no avail. I really don't wanna go through all the comics to find him as I don't know the issue of his 2-3 arc. I wanna say he may have been a mini god or a wendigo like figure.....its been a long time with that story...jeez.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

So happy you two like Mister Negative and Anna. Otto isn't a Nazi (hes merely using resources...no different than Black Widow posing as an undercover agent) and the Brand new day characters are far from clunkers (Jackpot got a cool mini), but if you don't like them...its your opinion. At least the two characters you like do still get used here there.

Also the name escapes me, but who was that character that came out around the time of Freak...I think Spidey fought him in the snow or maybe he just brought the snow with him. I can't remember his name and even looked him up to no avail. I really don't wanna go through all the comics to find him as I don't know the issue of his 2-3 arc. I wanna say he may have been a mini god or a wendigo like figure.....its been a long time with that story...jeez.
    That was Wayeb, Mayan god of mischief. Fantastic Bachalo art in that arc.

And yes, count me among those who want to see more "clunkers" - I love seeing new villains. Sure, a lot of them might not work, but you'll never know if you don't try.

Not a Slott creation, but I liked the Extremist.

Personally, I'd like to see the whole Kraven family again, including the beastmode Grim Hunter.

Edit: Wayeb was great!

-Pav, who agrees with everyone about Mr. Negative...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    That was Wayeb, Mayan god of mischief. Fantastic Bachalo art in that arc.

And yes, count me among those who want to see more "clunkers" - I love seeing new villains. Sure, a lot of them might not work, but you'll never know if you don't try.
    Yes!! That's him...thank you. It says that he wasn't a Slott creation, but a Zeb Wells one. I thought he was Slotts. Must've been an alternate book or something....

BANNED

I wouldn't say that I like Mr. Negative, I just think he's the best of a bad bunch. And the story you're thinking of with the Mayan Snow Demon is It Always Snows in April. Personally, I also found that story and villain to be uninteresting and forgettable (and considering that they haven't appeared since, it would seem a lot of other people didn't care for it/them either).

To clarify, the reason I'm referring to the Brand New Day villains and characters as clunkers is because they've barely (sometimes never have) appeared or been mentioned since their debut stories or that particular era. In fairness, a villain/character I really liked during JMS's run was Charlie Weiderman, but I would also have to declare him a failure because he hasn't appeared or been mentioned since his 2005 debut.
    Last edited by Masked Guy; 06-29-2017 at 07:16 PM.

I'll be honest, on the list of characters I'd like to see back in Spider-Man in a big way, most of the characters mentioned in this thread are not very high up there...