Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Overdrive has had quite a lot of appearences, most prominently as part of superior foes.

And although not as promintly but Charlie Weiderman has been mentioned/appeared to as a test subject to try and cure molten man. Really more of a cameo then anything really but he did appear.
    True, I forgot about Superior Foes. Still, his overall popularity is questionable.

I think I remember that Charlie cameo, but the fact that it was only a cameo seems to indicate that very few people have an interest in him.
    Last edited by Masked Guy; 06-29-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Stalkers are creepy. Creepy lends to good villains. A SUPER-villain stalker is kinda cool. The question is: Who is she stalking now and why?
    I think there's a lot you could do with that. I think of all the good suspense movies that have a stalker as the main antagonist-- and can't help but feel that when you put that through the filter of super hero comics that a really interesting story could come out of it.
    Hi Dan -

Question: in the modern era - where is so easy to both be offended and have a direct line, and many options, to vent on creators : how do you find balance (when creating something new) successfully?

Example - I do agree that stalking / general creepiness or say, mental illness can make great villians - but reading something like Prof Warrens creepy obsession is a bit ... Uncomfortable?

(Ps - I'm stubborn, opinionated, passionate, often wrong and a bit of an ass; but not a sock puppet... I could read the behinds stuff for ages )
    Last edited by Vixx; 06-29-2017 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    True, I forgot about Superior Foes. Still, his overall popularity is questionable.

I think I remember that Charlie cameo, but the fact that it was only a cameo seems to indicate that very few people have an interest in them.
    Well that series does have a lot of fans that like him to.

Yeah you are right about Charlie there. It was just to point out that he did appear elsewhere, even if nothing was really done with him.

BANNED

Well that series does have a lot of fans that like him to.

Yeah you are right about Charlie there. It was just to point out that he did appear elsewhere, even if nothing was really done with him.
    He is pretty funny in Superior Foes from what I've read, but I think most would agree that he isn't exactly a competent villain (though I'm not sure if he was ever intended to be).

And it's a shame about Charlie because I thought his character and backstory were really interesting as presented in Skin Deep.

He is pretty funny in Superior Foes from what I've read, but I think most would agree that he isn't exactly a competent villain (though I'm not sure if he was ever intended to be).

And it's a shame about Charlie because I thought his character and backstory were really interesting as presented in Skin Deep.
    Well, to be fair, his plan isn't to stay being a villain (however likely that is) .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, to be fair, his plan isn't to stay being a villain (however likely that is) .
    Even he seems to recognize how lame he is .

I know this isn't a Slott creation, but I really wanna see Julia Carpenter come back. We haven't seen her since she woke up from the coma at the end of Spider-Verse. I wanna know what's next for her! Hope it's not the end :O

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I know this isn't a Slott creation, but I really wanna see Julia Carpenter come back. We haven't seen her since she woke up from the coma at the end of Spider-Verse. I wanna know what's next for her! Hope it's not the end :O
    Hi, Inversed. Julia moved over to the Waid/Samnee DAREDEVIL run.
    DD2014017_int2_00003.jpg

We will eventually see her back in the Spider-books.

Speaking of Daredevil, I wish he and Spidey interacted more often.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Speaking of Daredevil, I wish he and Spidey interacted more often.
    Good call ... I'd love to see this on the Netflix shows too ...

BANNED

Even he seems to recognize how lame he is .
    Sure but my point was more that he does have some staying power, not that he is the next Green Goblin or anything like that.

Plenty of bad guys has had staying power without being a huge threat. Sometimes that is part of their charm. Trapster has been in the comics for decades yet more often then not he is a joke.

BANNED

Sure but my point was more that he does have some staying power, not that he is the next Green Goblin or anything like that.

Plenty of bad guys has had staying power without being a huge threat. Sometimes that is part of their charm. Trapster has been in the comics for decades yet more often then not he is a joke.
    That's a very good point. I've always been rather fond of what I refer to as "joke villains" (The White Rabbit being one of my favorites).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think even some big name villains tend to have some rep about being lesser. Shocker is a favorite of mine who often gets written as incapable, though honestly I think he's the Captain Cold of the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think even some big name villains tend to have some rep about being lesser. Shocker is a favorite of mine who often gets written as incapable, though honestly I think he's the Captain Cold of the Marvel Universe.
    My friend and I have always liked The Shocker, but just about every writer over at Marvel seems to have very little regard for him. To illustrate my point, I actually remember an issue where he teamed up with The Kangaroo of all people.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I'm just hoping for a Mr. Negative story honestly, and although Mysterio is not a Slott creation his return would be welcome. There's something cool about Spidey using his Spidey-sense to navigate through his illusions and creations, determening what is real, and what not.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.