Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
    I totally hear Eeyores voice reading these posts ...

Cheer up man

There.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I'll probably add more when I think about it but off the top of my head

Peter vs. Green Goblin( Marvel Knights )

Peter vs. Carnage( Maximum Carnage )

Miguel vs. Goblin( Spider-Man 2099 )

Miles vs. Prowler( Ultimate Spider-Man )

Miles vs. Venom( Ultimate Spider-Man )
    Interesting choices. I've never been a Miles Morales fan, so I can't really comment on those particular skirmishes.

A classic era Spider-Man battle that rarely gets mentioned is the Spidey/Ock slugfest from ASM #88-90. That arc is mostly remembered for Capt Stacy's death at the very end but, prior to that, is a fantastic sequence where Ock's arms---being remotely controlled by Otto---battle Spidey in a pretty ferocious (for that time) fight with SPidey hiding out in crevices of buildings to escape them. Once Ock gets reunited with his arms, the volume gets turned up and it is easily one of my favorite Spidey/Doc Ock battles of all time. This was scripted by Stan in one of his last truly great stories and brilliantly illustrated by Gil Kane (Romita only dress the first chapter in #88) who doesn't get enough credit for his artistic contributions to Spidey; they may not have been plentiful but boy, were they excellent!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    A classic era Spider-Man battle that rarely gets mentioned is the Spidey/Ock slugfest from ASM #88-90. That arc is mostly remembered for Capt Stacy's death at the very end but, prior to that, is a fantastic sequence where Ock's arms---being remotely controlled by Otto---battle Spidey in a pretty ferocious (for that time) fight with SPidey hiding out in crevices of buildings to escape them. Once Ock gets reunited with his arms, the volume gets turned up and it is easily one of my favorite Spidey/Doc Ock battles of all time. This was scripted by Stan in one of his last truly great stories and brilliantly illustrated by Gil Kane (Romita only dress the first chapter in #88) who doesn't get enough credit for his artistic contributions to Spidey; they may not have been plentiful but boy, were they excellent!
    I agree on that fight being good (though my favorite battle between the two will always be in Spectacular vol. 1 #75-79). As for Lee's last great story, I would say that it was The Green Goblin Reborn (Amazing vol. 1 #96-98).

I like the fight beetween Peter and Norman in "Revelations" (wich is probably a very unnpopular opinion), not so much for the action, is just for the very personal conflict beetween boths charachters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I like the fight beetween Peter and Norman in "Revelations" (wich is probably a very unnpopular opinion), not so much for the action, is just for the very personal conflict beetween boths charachters.
    I loved that story (and fight). It's actually one of my favorite Spidey tales of the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I do too; and I actually really, really like the "Revelations" story in particular the final chapter in PP:SM #75. In fact, I think that is my favorite story by Mackie and on my short list of best JRJR Spidey artwork ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I do too; and I actually really, really like the "Revelations" story in particular the final chapter in PP:SM #75. In fact, I think that is my favorite story by Mackie and on my short list of best JRJR Spidey artwork ever.
    I agree with you there. Mackie takes a lot of flack (deservedly so) for the awful relaunch in 1999, but not everything he has written is bad.

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Default So what are Spidey's best fights of all time?

I blogged about this for today after I kind of accidentally segue'd into the idea...

https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/08/...er-man-fights/

If you don't want the rationale behind the picks, I have:

HM: Spidey vs Firelord
    5. Spidey vs Wolverine (one-shot)
    4. Spidey vs Juggernaut (ASM 229-230)
    3. Spidey vs Kingpin (Back In Black)
    2. Spidey vs Venom (ASM 347)
    1. Spidey vs Morlun (ASM vol 2 33)

What would you put in there?

Incredible Member

Spider-Man vs Mister Hyde (Amazing Spider-Man 231-232)
    Spider-Man vs Tri-Sentinel (Amazing Spider-Man 329, 351-352)
    Spider-Man vs Doctor Octopus (Spectacular Spider-Man 78-79)
    Spider-Man vs Green Goblin (Peter Parker Spider-Man Volume 2 44-47)

Astonishing Member

vs. Morlun I and II, more so first time around.
    vs. Green Goblin, TASM #122.
    vs. Sinister Six, Death of Spider-Man.
    Happy Birthday, TASM (Vol. 2) #57/58 and TASM (Vol. 1) #500.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 08-16-2018 at 09:29 AM.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

The Spidey vs Colossus fight from AvX Versus #2 was really good off the top of my head. The fights against Morlun and Shathra were great. The classic fights against Juggernaut and Firelord. Back in Black fight against Kingpin. Spider-Man's fight in Grim Hunt against the Kravinoff family.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Then there's this gem.

best Spider-man boss fight ever

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Then there's this gem.

best Spider-man boss fight ever
    I don't remember many video game fights, but I'll never forgot my reaction to this one

BANNED

There are so many! Mine favorite still gotta be Spider-Man vs Firelord. I lost count on how many times I've reread ASM #269 & #270!