Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

While I'd enjoy it if Circe and Cheetah interacted, I think they should remain separate. Connecting Cheetah to Circe undermines her power to stand alone as one of Diana's top foes. Perez got it right when he developed Barbara Minerva into the haughty, merciless villain that she is at the best of times. No Circe needed with Barbara Minerva's smart and nerve.

As others have mentioned, there are better characters (Silver Swan, Duke of Decption, etc.) to tie to a myth than Cheetah to Circe.

I miss Circe's Beastiamorphs - they were frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I mean the Duke of Deception is a servant of Ares traditionally isn't he? So there's your Greek myth connection right there.
    Greek myth connection?

What classical Greek myth is he in?

Wasn't he created by Marston as a lackey of Mars (the Roman counterpart of the Greek God Ares)?

BANNED

I can see the two as allies, maybe. Circe giving Cheetah access to certain pantheons for Barbara's own purposes could work. And it might be interesting to give the two some interactions and relationships not directly tied to Diana...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I can see the two as allies, maybe. Circe giving Cheetah access to certain pantheons for Barbara's own purposes could work. And it might be interesting to give the two some interactions and relationships not directly tied to Diana...
    Cheetah enlisting Circe to help take the edge off her curse so she isn't stuck in monster form 24/7 could work. Of course, Circe would want something in exchange.

Like more Springstein tickets

Fantastic Member

Perez' Cheetah as the most powerful version.

I still have a hard time taking her symbol of power (the Cheetah animal, weakest of all the African big cats..lose endurance quickly)...even in Thundercats, Cheetara is not the most poqerful, just the fastest. No I know it's only symbolic, but as horrible as it may sound I hoped Cheetah could become a sort of multiple incarnation Thundercat in one body but evil...lol. I kno Bat for Batman ain't exactly a poerhouse animal, but culturally it' associated ith vampires and the night...you think of Cheetah, and all you think is fastest land animal; you don't think of being eaten alive...lol...evin young teenagers and older children in African tribes have been knon to scare off Cheetahs ith simple intimidation.
    Last edited by Titan Theo; 06-30-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Perez' Cheetah as the most powerful version.

I still have a hard time taking her symbol of power (the Cheetah animal, weakest of all the African big cats..lose endurance quickly)...even in Thundercats, Cheetara is not the most poqerful, just the fastest. No I know it's only symbolic, but as horrible as it may sound I hoped Cheetah could become a sort of multiple incarnation Thundercat in one body but evil...lol. I kno Bat for Batman ain't exactly a poerhouse animal, but culturally it' associated ith vampires and the night...you think of Cheetah, and all you think is fastest land animal; you don't think of being eaten alive...lol...evin young teenagers and older children in African tribes have been knon to scare off Cheetahs ith simple intimidation.
    This is ... odd. Bats are really easy to scare off, too. You don't even have to try, they just fly away. Being super fast is all Flash has, and, yet, they've built him into an extreme powerhouse. Why can't Cheetah be treated similarly? Only with more biting, of course.

Incredible Member

Yes, but subject to a lot of conditions.

IF Circe was to be responsible for Barbara's transformation into Cheetah, then I would want Barbara to proactively seek out Circe in order to acquire personal power.

As an archaeologist, Barbara may have read legends of the witch / sorceress Circe and those legends may have told of Circe's imprisonment. Barbara uses her many skills to find and free Circe, subject to Circe granting her the powers of a goddess. Circe, being a trickster and with all magic having a price to pay, grants Barbara's wish. But, the god-like powers of the Cheetah come at a cost, namely Barabara's mental health and ability to control her new wild and feral animal instincts.

The change would be permanent (i.e. Circe can't wave a hand and depower Cheetah). And Cheetah would be an equal to Circe, but in a different way (e.g. Circe "fights" by creating magical creatures to physically defend her, but Cheetah herself is a physical powerhouse).

I think it does somewhat neatly tie the characters together, somewhat fits their established characterisations and could help to establish an interesting interpersonal relationship between them. BUT, I don't think it is necessary. It is something I could see them doing in a movie - Circe as the more "intellectual" threat and Cheetah as her "muscle".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yes, but subject to a lot of conditions.

IF Circe was to be responsible for Barbara's transformation into Cheetah, then I would want Barbara to proactively seek out Circe in order to acquire personal power.

As an archaeologist, Barbara may have read legends of the witch / sorceress Circe and those legends may have told of Circe's imprisonment. Barbara uses her many skills to find and free Circe, subject to Circe granting her the powers of a goddess. Circe, being a trickster and with all magic having a price to pay, grants Barbara's wish. But, the god-like powers of the Cheetah come at a cost, namely Barabara's mental health and ability to control her new wild and feral animal instincts.

The change would be permanent (i.e. Circe can't wave a hand and depower Cheetah). And Cheetah would be an equal to Circe, but in a different way (e.g. Circe "fights" by creating magical creatures to physically defend her, but Cheetah herself is a physical powerhouse).

I think it does somewhat neatly tie the characters together, somewhat fits their established characterisations and could help to establish an interesting interpersonal relationship between them. BUT, I don't think it is necessary. It is something I could see them doing in a movie - Circe as the more "intellectual" threat and Cheetah as her "muscle".
    I completely agree...great idea